Borderlands 3 (BL3) has 175 Crew Challenge Locations. They are collectibles that are needed for 100% game completion. This page contains guides for all of their locations.
Luckily, nothing in Borderlands 3 is missable. You can still find everything after the story in free roam. All areas and items are still accessible.
The Crew Challenges get marked on the map by a green icon when you go near them. The ones you’ve found turn into a blue icon. You can also keep track by opening the world map, pressing Left Stick / L3 and D-Pad Right to view the “Challenges” tab. It tells you exactly what’s left in the region you’re viewing. You can place waypoints on them through the world map to make them easier to find.
Each Crew Challenge awards you with some XP, money or Eridium. This is great to get bonus level-ups while playing through the story. After locating all Crew Challenges of one type, you will receive a mail with a unique legendary weapon (Pause Menu – Social – Mail).
Note: In version 1.01 the in-game tracker says there are 194 Crew Challenges but this is a display bug. There are really only 175 collectable Crew Challenges. The reason for the wrong in-game counter is that it automatically adds 3 completed challenges for regions that have no crew challenges in them at all (such as Floating Tomb for example).
Crew Challenges Overview
Click the links below for the respective Crew Challenge Guide:
- 10 Hammerlock’s Legendary Hunts = Creatures you must kill
- 10 Zero’s Targets of Opportunity = Humans you must kill
- 66 Typhon Logs = Audio Logs that let you triangulate the positions of Dead Drops
- 22 Dead Drops = Rewards for finding Typhon Logs
- 10 Hijack Targets (Vehicle Parts) = Vehicles you must steal for new parts
- 22 Crimson Radios = Radio Stations you must climb to
- 35 Dead Claptraps = Broken Claptrap Bodies to search for
That’s all 175 Crew Challenges in Borderlands 3 (BL3).
Bonus Collectibles (not Crew Challenges):
For more guides check out our complete Borderlands 3 Wiki & Strategy Guide.