This post will teach you how to unlock all 6 playable characters in Call of Duty World War II Zombies. Unlocking all characters is not needed for any of the trophies, so this guide is for all the zombies completionists and the people who are looking for a challenge. The 4 standard characters (Maria Fischer, Jefferson Potts, Olivia Durant and Drostan Hynd) are automatically unlocked from the start, but there are 6 more characters which you can unlock. These are the characters and how you unlock them:
- Obtained part A of the Zombie Hunter set.
- Obtained part B of the Zombie Hunter set.
- Obtained part C of the Zombie Hunter set.
- Obtained part D of the Zombie Hunter set.
- Obtained part E of the Zombie Hunter set.
To obtain parts of the Zumbie Hunter set, you have to kill tresaure zombies in The Final Reich and they’ll randomly drop them for you. A tresure zombie looks like a regular Bomber, but instead of exploding they constantly drop jolts. To acquire a part, you have to kill the treasure zombie, simply collecting the jolts won’t get you a part. This challenges is completely RNG and you’ll just have to hope for many treasure zombies to spawn in.
- Survived 20 waves without opening doors in Final Reich.
- Survived 20 waves without opening doors and without going down in Final Reich.
- Survived 25 waves in Prologue.
- Survived 25 waves without going down in Prologue.
- Survived 25 waves without unlocking the secret room in Prologue.
This character is most definitely the hardest one to unlock and any lower skilled or casual zombies player won’t be able to complete those challenges. You’ll have to be extremely precise and nimble to survive for that long in those close quarters.
The Final Reich – Starting Room
The starting room on The Final Reich has 2 wallbuy weapons (the Red 9 full auto pistol and the M30 Luftwaffe Drilling shotgun) and the Lebensblitz perk (Quick Revive). Your best bet is to use the Red 9 the whole time and you don’t even have to bother with buying Lebensblitz, since you’ll unlock both challenges if you do it without going down. Now you have to worry about your mods and the specialist you are using. I’d recommend using Freefire, coupled with the mods: Fully Loaded (you’ll carry a lot more ammo), Specialsit Training (your specialist meter will charge quicker and thus you’ll be able to use it more often) and most importantly the MK. II mod (your weapon will be pack-a-punched when using Freefire). For consumables you should be using the insta kill and the nuke consumables, howvere you’ll only be able to activate those once, so they are more for a panic situation and your strategy shouldn’t rely on them. You can obviously use them stratigically if you made it to wave 18 without using either one.
There is no real strategy that will make this easier, so just make sure to train the zombies as good as you can, charge up your meter every round and use it asap. The MK. II mod will allow you to kill the zombies easily and the only challenging thing will be to stay alive with that many zombies spawning in in the higher rounds. You can either use this with the Red 9 and use it like an upgraded SMG, or you can select the 1911 as your starting weapon and use freefire with that.
The prologue only contains a MP40 wallbuy, an armor refill station and the Lebensblitz perk machine. Mods and consumables can’t be used in the prologue and you are forced to use the freefire specialist without any mods. I recommend getting the Lewis gun and the Jack in the Box from the mystery box (here is a tutorial on how to unlock the mystery box in the prologue). Make sure to switch to the Lewis when you activate freefire and to throw a Jack in the Box if you get swarmed, but keep in mind that you won’t get a refill for them.
When doing this without using the Mystery Box, you’ll be forced to use the MP40 only. You also have to watch out that you don’t shoot all of the lanterns to accidentally trigger the door for the room with the box in it. You can use the Lebensblitz perk 3 times when going for this challenge, so you can go down on purpose in order to get the PaP 1911’s for about 10 second to clear out a whole train of zombies.
In general you should make sure that you have extended mags, rapid fire, quickdraw, grip and full metal jacket unlocked for your weapons. The training strategy is to use both floors of the house and to open the front door once you have enough points. You can use this area if you have to dodge some zombies, but you have to be very careful not to go out too far, otherwise you might end the prologue by escaping the house.
- Survived 30 waves without going down in Final Reich.
- Survived 30 waves without using Blitz in Final Reich.
- Survived 30 waves without turning on the power in Final Reich.
- Survived 30 waves with only starting weapons in Final Reich.
- Survived 30 waves with only two Mystery Box purchases in Final Reich.
This set of challenges isn’t too bad, as reaching wave 30 on Final Reich isn’t that tough. You best bet are the numerous traps around the maps and the cheap wallbuy weapons that will get you the neccessary points to constantly activate them. You also want to get those challenges done over multiple runs, as some of them will be a lot easier if you don’t have to worry about another one. The general strategy is to just train zombies in the Village Square and occasionally dodge to the Riverside area if there are too many. I’d recommend to do at least 3 runs with the following goals:
- Survive 30 waves with only starting weapons (optionally survive 30 waves without going down and without using Blitz) – Turn on the power for this challenge, get yourself the Laufen-, Schnell-, Schild- and Kugelblitz perks and upgrade your starting weapon. Keep using traps and refilling your starting weapon ammo for 4000 points and this shouldn’t be too hard.
- Survive 30 rounds without turning on the power – Get the M1928 and Type 100 wallbuys and just keep training Zombies around the Village Square. You can buy the perks Lebensblitz and Kugelblitz as well when going for this.
- Survive 30 rounds with only two Mystery Box purchases – Make sure that you don’t use the Pack Mule mod as this can make your challenge not count. Unlock the whole map and upgrade your weapons. You can restart when you don’t get any good weapons from your 2 box hits, but the wallbuy weapons are well enough upgraded anyway. Just make sure that you use the box twice and you should get this challenge very easily.
- Killed a Treasure Zombie for the first time.
- Defeated the Panzermörder for the first time.
- Survived 25 waves in Final Reich.
- Unlocked the weapon upgrade station for the first time.
- Assembled the Tesla Gun by wave 6.
This character will most likely come naturally, as the challenges to unlock her are by far the easiest. The treasure zombie challenge is luck based, as it is completely random when the first one will spawn in, however it is very easy to kill them as they won’t even attack you. To defeat the Panzermörder, you only have to complete the guided path of the main easter egg (Easter Egg guide). Here is another guide on how to unlock the upgrade station on Final Reich (Guide). Assmebling the Tesla Gun by round 6 is the hardest challenge from this set, as you have to make sure not to waste any zombie kills. Just make sure you immediately stop after getting enough kills to complete a step and that you don’t kill any zombies before the next killing step is activated. You should get this on your first or second try of attempting it. This will be even easier in a 2-4 player party as more zombies will spawn in. To survive 25 waves in the Final Reich, you simply have to reach wave 26.
- Saved Klaus by yourself.
- Saved Klaus by wave 16.
- Saved Klaus in less than 75 minutes.
- Saved Klaus without going down.
- Saved Klaus without using Specials, Mods or consumables.
Saving Klaus means that you have to complete the full Dark Reunion easter egg for these challenges. You can find a guide on the full easter egg here. I’d recommend to do at least 3 runs with the following goals:
- Save Klaus by yourself without going down and without using any Specials, Mods or consumables – Just take your time, make sure you get 2 decent upgraded guns, Jack in the Box grenades and 4 perks of your choosing
- Save Klaus by wave 16 – For this challenge you have to get yourself a 4 man team, use consumables like double points and jolt coupons and make sure that you don’t kill any extra zombies at all. You have to complete all the easter egg steps as soon as they become avaialable and you can’t fail any of the Tesla Gun upgrades, as you can’t afford to go another wave to get more special zombie kills. Don’t waste any points on perks and the upgrade station before the whole map has been opened.
- Save Klaus in less than 75 minutes – You should play in a 4 player team to complete this challenge, as it will be a lot easier and quicker. Just make sure that everyone takes care of a different task. I’d recommend that 2 players mainly focus on the Tesla Gun upgrades, while the other 2 go for the main easter egg steps. Communication will be the key here and knowing the easter egg inside out, as you won’t have time to look up steps during the run. This might take you several attempts.
- Defeated the Panzermörder by wave 12.
- Defeated the Panzermörder without upgrading weapons.
- Defeated the Panzermörder with no Blitz.
- Defeated the Panzermörder without going down.
- Defeated the Panzermörder without Specials, Mods or Consumables.
Defeating the Panzermörder requires you to defeat the end boss of the easter egg and this can be done during a guided path run of the easter egg or a Dark Reunion run. I’d recommend to do at least 2 runs with the following goals:
- Defeat the Panzermörder by wave 12, defeat the Panzermörder without upgrading weapons and without going down – You won’t have to worry about the going down challenge if you already saved Klaus without going down. For the wave 12 challenge simply focus on the easter egg and don’t waste any zombie kills at all. It’s recommended to get a 2-4 player team for this challenge.
- Defeat the Panzermörder with no Blitz (perks) and without using Specials, Mods or Consumables – You don’t have to worry about the Specials, Mods and Consumables if you already did that while saving Klaus. Just make sure to not buy anything other than weapon upgrades for this challenge. You can split these challenges up into 2 runs, but the guided path easter egg is relatively simple and you should just try to combine them at first.