Stormy Ascent is a new DLC level in Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. You can obtain one relic and gem in it. This walkthrough shows how to earn 100% completion (all boxes, gem, bonus level and gold relic) in Stormy Ascent.
Stormy Ascent Gem, Boxes, Bonus Level
The gem is unlocked by destroying all boxes and there is one bonus level that contains 22 boxes. The rest of the boxes is easy to find and in plain sight. The level is fairly challenging though. Make sure you have a lot of lives before starting it.
You can download the Lost Treasures DLC from PlayStation Store for free. It adds the “Stormy Ascent” level on the third island of Crash Bandicoot 1. You will then see a purple glowing dot on top of the tower of the third island (above the Lab level). This is where you start Stormy Ascent.
Getting the gem unlocks the silver trophy “The Crown Jewel”.
- Also see: How to access Stormy Ascent DLC
Stormy Ascent Gold Relic Time Trial
Stormy Ascent Target Time:
- Platinum = 3:10:00
- Gold = 4:30:00
- Sapphire = 7:00
- My Time: 3:46:59
You must have beaten this level once to unlock the time trial. Then you can pick up a stopwatch at the start to trigger the timer.
1) At the start, wait for the stairs to go flat before picking up the stopwatch.
2) Jump up the stairs (easy)
3) When you encounter the 2nd scientist, jump on his head immediately to be boosted up the elevator (saves time)
4) At the top pick up the time crates. The next section is relatively easy.
5) Eventually you come to two sliding platforms and a bunch of platforms spinning in circles. This part is very time sensitive and it’s easy to die here if your timing is off. Better wait and let the platform slide 3-4 times to time your jump. It’s better to wait here than to die.
6) After the next scientist you must jump down several stairs with spikes around them. You should have at least 1 Aku Aku mask left (at best you’ll have 2 by this point). The last set of stairs is a bit tricky so if fail the Aku Aku mask will save you. If you get hit by spikes just keep running downstairs, you can’t take damage for a short period of time after getting hit.
7) Immediately after the aforementioned stairs there 3 sliding platforms. You’ll want to use a high jump to get from platform 1 to 2 (hold down X). From platform 2 to 3 the low jump (tap X for a short moment, don’t hold) worked better for me.
8) When climbing up the tower there are fast platforms coming out of the walls. Make sure you don’t hit the spikes. It would be ideal if you have 1 Aku Aku left by this point to save you.
9) Once on top of the tower, let the scientist throw goo until there’s an opening to jump onto the moving platforms.
10) There’s a very tricky part near the end with two platforms coming out the wall simultaneously. Jump on the first just as it comes out the wall. Then stand on it until the last possible moment (let it slide under your feet) before jumping onto the next one.
11) Last tricky part is the 3 birds. Jump on the first bird just after it hits the wall and starts moving away from you. Timing is extremely important here.
Practice the last checkpoint until you can do it perfectly! The last section is by far the hardest and has no room for error.
Unlocking the Gold Relic in Stormy Ascent unlocks the trophy “An Ancient Antiquity”.