In Death Stranding you can earn likes from other online players and offline NPCs for different actions you do. This guide explains all the ways you can get likes and how to get the most likes quickly.
Likes from Online Players: These increase your “Bridge Link” Grade. It’s an online rank and one of the 5 level categories you get at the end of deliveries. The likes you get between missions get added towards your next mission reward screen.
- Build Structures and Vehicles – you get likes when other players use them
- Donate to a Shared Locker – if you have lots of materials available and want to rank up quickly, craft a lot of stuff and put it in the shared locker for lots of instant likes. Other players can then use your items, but they will be gone from your account.
- Lost Cargo Online Deliveries: Other players can leave lost cargo in lockers. Deliver it to the destination.
- Material Requests: Donate materials to upgrade a structure.
The fastest way for online likes by far is to put a lot of things in the shared locker, and for long-term likes build a lot of generators near facility entrances where people often walk around.
Likes from Offline Characters (NPCs): These likes are the most valuable! Getting more likes from a facility increases your reputation with them. For each level up with a facility you gain rewards, more materials, more Chiral Bandwith (so you can build more structures on the map), even emails and interview data. Most of the good fabrication plans are tied to leveling up facilities.
- Complete Deliveries to a facility to get likes from it (the destination facility will give you the likes, not the quest-issuing facility).
- The best combo is to play on hard difficulty, accept Premium Deliveries and get S-Rank. This gives you the “Legend of Legends” rank and you get more likes from good ratings. Using ziplines is a great way to travel long distances quickly without being slowed down by your cargo. It’s best to focus on big deliveries that give the most likes. Some deliveries want you to deliver 300kg and give hundreds of likes at once. Small deliveries usually give less than 100 likes.
- Lost Cargo: If you see Lost Cargo, delivering it (even to a different facility than intended) gives you a small number of likes.
The fastest way is the Premium Delivery on Hard Difficulty combo while getting S-Ranks. Ziplines are your best friend.
Likes from BB (Baby you carry around): BB can give you likes, too! This is a great way to increase the relationship level with BB. For example, a better relationship makes BB less fearful of BTs so it doesn’t cry as quickly.
- Look at the mirror in Sam’s room and take pictures for instant BB likes.
- Jump long distances (without falling), BB enjoys long jumps!
Looking in the mirror and pressing Right Stick to the top right makes Sam do a funny face and BB gives it 40 likes. Then make some other faces in the mirror for more likes. That’s the quickest way.
Those are all the different types of likes in Death Stranding explained and how you can quickly get them.