The Coldheart is an Exotic Energy Weapon & Trace Rifle in Destiny 2. It is a pre-order bonus for those who bought the Day-One Edition.
If you pre-ordered the retail disc you will find a code included with the game on a piece of paper. Enter the code in the PlayStation Store linked to the account (note: make sure you use it on the account where you actually want to use the weapon, it is account bound and not console wide). If you pre-ordered digitally, it will be installed automatically and you needn’t worry about this step.
To retrieve the Coldheart Exotic you must first beat the story and reach level 20. Then you can pick it up from the Gunsmith in the Tower Hub area. Also important: the Coldheart’s gear level will be identical to your character level when you finished the story. I was only level 17 at the end of the story so my Coldheart was also level 17. Therefore it’s recommended you reach level 20 before the end of the story. Alternatively, you can buy the level 20 version from the Vault using 10 Legendary Shards.
The story is relatively short and consists of only 17 main missions. You can beat it in about 10 hours. After the story you also unlock a quest that instantly puts you at level 20.
- Exotic Name: Coldheart
- Type: Secondary Weapon, Trace Rifle
- Item Description: The latest Omolon engineering leverages liquid fuel as coolant to keep weapon systems at subzero temperatures.
- Special Ability #1: Cold Fusion — Shoots a cold fusion-powered laser.
- Special Ability #2: Coldheart’s laser does exponentially more damage the longer it remains on a target.
- Acquired by: Beat Story, Reach Level 20 and retrieve it from Gunsmith in Tower Hub Area.