Here’s where you find the Adamantoise Megaboss location in Final Fantasy XV (defeating it unlocks the Tortoise Toppler trophy and achievement):
Step 1: After beating the game go talk to Cindy at Hammerhead Outpost. She will give you a quest called “Let Sleeping Mountains Lie”. After beating the main story you can create a save game during the credits. Load that save game, go to a lodging and call Umbra to travel back to the open world.
Step 2: Complete Cindy’s Quest “Let Sleeping Mountains Lie”. This will awaken the Adamantoise. Just follow the quest markers.
Step 3: Go talk to the restaurant owner at Hammerheard outpost. He has a level 99 monster hunt called “Lonely Rumblings in Longwythe”. Accept this quest and you will get to fight the Adamantoise.
Boss Fight Tips:
Bring lots of Health Potions. Also bring the consumables muscle stimulant (extra damage) and magitek booster (negates MP cost).
- You should be at least level 40. The higher your level the quicker this will go. But your level doesn’t matter so much, the boss has very easy attack patterns. I was level 69.
- Buy Ascensions “Warp Factor I” & “Warp Factor II” for more warp-strike damage. You’ll be using this technique non-stop in this fight.
- Equip the strongest greatsword you can find. But don’t use the Dominator cause the Adamantoise is immune to holy light.
- Cook the meal “Golden Tail Soup” at a campfire and eat it just before heading to the boss. The recipe unlocks when reaching Cooking Level 10. It guarantees critical hits and greatly increases health recovery. This way you won’t even have to touch your health potions and deal super massive damage.
- All you gotta do in the fight is keep attacking the Adamantoise’s right paw with warp-strike. Use Warp suspension to refill your MP immediately. When the Adamantoise gets knocked out consume the Magitek Booster and Muscle Stimulant and keep attacking the eye (should do 9999 damage with each hit). Just repeat these tactics until it’s dead. The adamantoise has 5 million HP.
- When you die you have to start from scratch (even on easy mode! You don’t get autorevived on easy during this fight).