Ivaldi’s Curse is the 3rd Favour (Side Quest) in the Realm of Niflheim in God of War 2018. This walkthrough will guide you through all objectives of Ivaldi’s Curse Favor.
- Quest Giver: Sindri (in Niflheim Realm)
- Requirement: Completed 1st Niflheim Favour “Ivaldi’s Protection“
- Reward: 4500 XP
In this favour you must farm 45,000 Mist Echoes to seal the 3 Realm Tears in Niflheim’s Centre Chamber.
This quest triggers automatically upon completing the favour “Ivaldi’s Protection” in the Realm of Niflheim.
Seal the three realm tears
The entire quest consists of only one big objective. The Workshop’s Centre Chamber which you opened in the previous favour (Ivaldi’s Protection) contains 3 Realm Tears. You must pay Mist Echoes to interact with them and defeat the enemies that come out to seal them.
The Realm Tears cost 10,000 + 15,000 + 20,000 Mist Echoes.
That’s 45,000 Mist Echoes in total.
- 1st Realm Tear (10,000 – on left side): A few Ogres spawn from this one, rewards you with the “Gift of Apollo” Runic Attack
- 2nd Realm Tear (15,000 – in middle): A Soul Devourer miniboss spawns from this one, rewards you with “Mistbourne” Epic Axe Pommel
- 3rd Realm Tear (20,000 – on right side): A few witches spawn from this one, rewards you with “Talisman of Cursed Power” Epic Talisman
Mist Echoes Farming Guide (15,000 – 20,000 per run)
Even though it seems grindy at first sight, it really is not. It only takes around 3 full runs through the Mist Labyrinth (around 20 minutes). The general rule of thumb: the more chests you open per run, the more the next chest will give. At first it might only be 200 or so per chest, later it will be 1500+ per chest if you clear the entire labyrinth in one run. So the key to farming is really just to stay alive, pick up all materials dropped by enemies, and open all chests along the way.
With the following strategy I got 15,000 – 20,000 Mist Echoes per run. Around 9000 from opening chests and around 6000 from selling materials that the enemies dropped.
- At the start of the mist is always a Nornir Chest. Remember the 3 symbols on it, if they are weird letters exit the mist and re-enter to get a new combination that’s easier to remember. As you make your way through the labyrinth there are 3 signposts up high in the corner sections on either edge of the labyrinth. Those have the rune symbols of the Nornir Chest. You must throw the axe to spin the signposts until they show one of the 3 symbols. The signposts are always in the same corner quadrants. At the end, if you put all 3 Nornir Runes in position correctly, you can open the chest at the start of the Labyrinth.
- Open all chests in the labyrinth, go to every possible section.
- There’s always a second Nornir Chest placed randomly somewhere in the labyrinth. When you stand straight in front of it you can always see the 3 rune symbols you need to hit with the axe (they are always visible from the section where the Nornir Chest is).
- Enemies can be killed super fast with Runic Attacks. Use anything that does a lot of damage and some Area of Effect attacks (Sindri’s Armor Set is best because it greatly reduces cooldown times).
- Obviously, make it out alive before time runs out. If you die you lose everything from that run.
- After you’re out, sell the materials that the enemies dropped to Sindri (Shop > Sell > Resources). Per run I usually found 1-2 materials that give 2,500 echoes each, and 2-4 that give 1,000 each.
Return to Sindri
After sealing the three Realm Tears just head back to Sindri at his shop and talk to him.
This finishes the Ivaldi’s Curse quest in God of War. Congrats, you completed all of Sindri’s quest line in Niflheim! Don’t forget to craft one of Ivaldi’s Armor Sets, they are well worth the work.
For more Walkthroughs, check out the full God of War Favours Walkthrough (All Side Quests).