In Kingdom Hearts 3 the Ultima Weapon is the best keyblade weapon in the game. This guide shows you how to get the Ultima Weapon in KH3. Unlocking this weapon also gives you the “Ultima Weapon” trophy or achievement. There are two steps to it. First, you must unlock the recipe. Then you still need to craft it which requires some unique materials called Orichalcum+. This is endgame content, you can’t actually craft this until having beaten the story for the first time.
How to Unlock Ultima Weapon Recipe
To unlock the Ultima Weapon Recipe you must collect 58 different synthesis materials. These are dropped by enemies, found in treasure chests, and also from destroying space rocks with your gummi ship. You must deliver them to any Moogle Workshop. You can also keep track in the Moogle Workshop under Colletor’s Goals. There you see the Ultima Weapon as an unlock, as depicted on the screenshot below.
Go to Moogle Shop (found in each world) > Workshop > Collector’s Goals > Obtain 58 different synthesis materials.
How to Craft the Ultima Weapon
Now that we have the Recipe unlocked the hardest part is still before us – finding the materials to craft the Ultima Weapon.
- 7 Orichalcum+
- 2 Wellspring Crystal
- 2 Lucid Crystal
- 2 Pulsing Crystal
The tricky one to obtain is Orichalcum+.
How to Get Orichalcum+
» Also see Kingdom Hearts 3 All Orichalcum+ Locations
This is a unique material is earned as a reward for the following activities:
- Lucky Emblems: Find 80 of 90 Lucky Emblems (see Lucky Emblems Collectible Guide)
- Flantastic Seven: Earn 3 fruits highscores from all of the Flantastic Seven. It only counts when they give you 3 fruits after their minigames. If you only got 1 fruit it failed and won’t count. After beating all 7 minigames and getting 3 fruits as a reward, you will be given Orichalcum+. The Flantastic Seven are only available when replaying worlds, not on the first playthrough (See Flantastic Seven Locations)
- Frozen Slider: Find all 10 Treasures during the Frozen Slider minigame in Arendelle. You can start this minigame by talking to your friends at the Mountain Ridge fast travel point in Arendelle, after having beaten this world for the first time (Video Location).
- Gummi Ship: Omega Machine Boss in “The Eclipse” Galaxy. This is the last (third) galaxy you visit on your way to The Keyblade Graveyard. Defeat the other high-level spaceships in this galaxy to reveal the Omega Machine at the top of the central structure. It’s a tough boss and you should bring a decent ship for this fight.
- Treasure Chest: The Caribbean, Exile Island. Click the map image to enlarge it for the location. The chest is in the middle of the island.
- Treasure Chest: The Final World – there’s only one treasure chest in The Final World (end of story) and it contains Orichalcum+. This is the last reachable one by story order.
- Moogle Shop Postcard: As you spend money at the Moogle Shop you will earn Postcards as a free bonus. Post these cards next to the Moogle Shop in Twilight Town for a chance to earn Orichalcum+. This is random and doesn’t guarantee Orichalcum+. However, you can make a manual save before mailing the postcard and if you don’t get Orichalcum+ reload the save from the title screen to retry.
After you got all the required materials, the Ultima Weapon can be crafted in the Synthesis section of the Moogle Workshop.
For more Kingdom Hearts 3 Guides check out our complete Kingdom Hearts 3 Wiki & Strategy Guide.