Profiles in Mass Effect Andromeda are special stat boosts. You get one profile very early in the story, depending on what character class you chose at the start. More profiles are unlocked by investing skill points in different skill categories (Combat, Biotics, Tech).
Profiles can be changed & equipped in the pause menu at any time (where you also buy skills).
Here are all the profiles, their unlock requirements and effects:
- Soldier: 6 skill points invested in Combat
- Engineer: 6 skill points invested in Tech
- Adept: 6 skill points invested in Biotics
- Sentinel: 3 skill points each invested in Biotics and Tech
- Vanguard: 3 skill points each invested in Combat and Biotics
- Infiltrator: 3 skill points each invested in Combat and Tech
- Explorer: 2 skill points each invested in Combat, Tech and Biotics
The profiles can be improved by investing more points in their respective categories. Each profile has 6 ranks total.