In Monster Hunter World, Squads are like Clans. Up to 50 players can join a Squad to go hunt together. They are invite-only or you can make your own.
How to Create Squad:
- Advance in the story until you unlock the Gathering Hub in Astera (play first few story assignments)
- Head to the Gathering Hub in Astera. You can either fast travel there via the map, use the elevator or walk in through the gate on the upper level of Astera. Now talk to the “Squad Manager” NPC. She will let you create, abandon and manage squads.
In the Gathering Hub you can press Options-Button (Menu-Button on Xbox) -> go to “Communication” tab -> click “Squads” to invite other players in the session to your squad. There you can also switch the active squad, accept squad invites, add message and view member lists.
What Joining a Squad Does:
- Gain access to a members-only Online Session
- No need to input the session ID of your friends every time. If you want to play with friends frequently, a squad takes out the hassle.
- Get a squad icon and name above your character’s name and on your Guild Card
- Be able to leave messages for squad mates even if they’re not online
Non-squad members can join a squad’s Online Session via invitation or by entering the Online Session ID.
You can join a squad by creating your own, or by being invited by another player while in the Gathering Hub. You can belong to up to 8 squads at once, so feel free to team up with different groups of friends and other hunters with common goals. Only squad leaders have permission to invite and remove members from the squad.