Affinity is a weapon attribute in Monster Hunter World.
Affinity is the value by which your critical hit chance is measured. A weapon with high affinity will land more critical hits. A critical hit does more damage than normal attack and if it hits a monster’s weak spot has a good chance of stunning it (depending on the weapon and attack used).
How to Increase Affinity
There are only 2 options.
- Upgrade your Weapon or craft a different one. You can do this at the smithy in Astera. Some weapon’s affinity will consistently stay the same no matter the upgrade level. You can see this before upgrading.
- Via Skills. You can use charms, craft armor that has the necessary skills, or slot decorations into your armor (this is unlocked in the late game). The skills that affect your affinity are:
- Agitator: Increases attack power and affinity when large monsters become enraged.
- Attack Boost: Increases attack power. Also improves affinity at higher levels (must stack multiple of those skills together to get the effect)
- Critical Draw: Increases affinity when performing draw attacks.
- Critical Eye: Increases affinity.
- Maximum Might: Increases affinity when stamina is full.
Out of everything, the best options are to upgrade your weapon and also get the Critical Eye skill via armor/charms/decorations. Critical Eye is the only skill that straight up improves the affinity value.