In Red Dead Redemption 2 doing a Shop Robbery is needed for 100% Completion.
How to Rob Shops:
Not all Shops are eligible for the statistics – it has to be one with a “dirty side-business”. You might get tips from NPCs as your Camp-mates or simply stumble upon them yourself.
- General Store – Strawberry
- Doctor – Valentine
- Gunsmith – Rhodes (Example below)
- Gunsmith – Saint Denis
- Go to the Rhodes’ Gunsmith
- Locate the cellar window to the right side of the building
- Speak to the boy dressed up as a sailor. He says that he is being held there against his will
- Head inside the Shop and aim your weapon at the Clerk. Choose to force him to show his basement
- Follow him down through the hatch
- Shoot through the chains of the boy
- The Clerk apologizes to the boy and tells his story, why he did it
- The Clerk tells us we can take anything we want, because he doesn’t care anymore. In the basement, there is a Shotgun and the content of a Lock Box to steal
If done correctly it will add towards your “Robberies” on the 100% Progression Checklist.
Of course you can walk in any other shop, e.g. General Store and simply aim at the clerk and rob his cash register. This, however, does not satisfy the 100% completion requirement as it’s not a shop with a “dirty secret” so only the examples listed above will add towards completion.
That’s all there is to Shop Robberies in RDR2. For more guides check out our full Red Dead Redemption 2 Wiki & Strategy Guide.