In Red Dead Redemption 2 you have a gang gamp throughout the story. You can upgrade the camp to unlock new bonuses such as fast travel.
This guide explains how to upgrade the camp in RDR2:
- In Chapter 2, complete Strauss’s story mission “Money Lending and other Sins”. Strauss wants you to track down debtors who took a loan from your gang. There are 3 of them, you just need to get money from one and put it in the camp’s tithing box. This unlocks the ledger next to the tithing box. There you can select camp upgrades!
- Put donations in the tithing box to increase the available money for camp upgrades. The tithing box is found at Dutch’s tent in the gang’s camp.
- When you have done the above steps, press to interact with the ledger next to the tithing box to select an upgrade. The money must be transferred to the tithing box in order to pay for the upgrade.
All Camp Upgrades
There are 8 upgrade categories:
- Medicine (Strauss’s Wagon): Adds health items that you can take with you to replenish health.
- Provisions (Pearson’s Wagon): Adds food items that you can take with you to replenish different stats.
- Ammunition and Arms (Arthur’s Wagon): Adds ammo for various weapons, including special ammo at higher upgrades.
- Lodgings (Whole Camp): The first upgrade will inspire gang members to donate more to the tithing box, the second upgrade unlocks fast travel, the third upgrade improves the mood around the camp.
- Horse Station: Retrieves horses from stables and call back your main horse to camp when it’s out of whistling range.
- Chicken Coop: Replenishes Dead Eye stat when eating the camp stew.
- Leather Working Station: Unlock new crafting options with Pearson.
- Boat: This is unlocked later when you move to a new camp that’s by a sea and unlocks a boat at camp.
That’s all there is to know about camp upgrades in Red Dead Redemption 2 (RDR2). For more guides check out our full Red Dead Redemption 2 Wiki & Strategy Guide.