Key Item: Promissory Note
Item Description: An Ashina trade promissory note. Matabei Anayama’s last piece of product. Discounts the cost of items when purchasing from merchants. A sen saved is a sen earned. And so long as one draws breath, business will continue.
How to complete the quest for Promissory Note:
- Ashina Outskirts: Outskirts Wall – Stairway – From the idol look in the opposite direction of the Chained Ogre from the beginning and look at the base of the building ahead and you will come to a Merchant named Matabei Anayama speak to him and he will ask you for Sen. Give him the sen he desires until he tells you he needs someone big and strong to raid a battlefield to get him goods.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo: Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo – From the idol head out the foor and when you step out immediately look to your right and look over the edge of the cliff. There is a ledge you can drop down, drop down and proceed in that same direction. You will see a Monk Ogre crying at the base of a tree. Speak to him and he will tell you he wants the white flower that blew away from him.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo: Shugendo – Obtain the Red and White Pinwheel, from the Shugendo Idol head up the mountain taking out the rats in the mushroom hats and climb up the side of the cliff. At the top you will have a long building to your right and an open ledge to your left. Head to the left and this pinwheel will be at the end of the path on the floor.
- Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo: Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo – Speak to the Monk Ogre again and give him the Red and White Pinwheel. This will not completely satisfy him as it isn’t the proper “flower” he lost, however you will be able to now recommend to him a Travel Destination. Send him to the battlefields to work with the merchant.
- Ashina Outskirts: Outskirts Wall – Stairway – Speak to the merchant again and he will have even more items for sale. Leave the quest and continue once Ashina is on fire.
- Ashina Outskirts: Outskirts Wall – Stairway (Burning Ashina) – Speak to the merchant again (located on the opposite side of the gate he was on before) and he will explain how he is morally defeated for now but will kick back up. Upon the conclusion of his story he is willing to sell you one last item for only 1 Sen, that item is the Promissory Note.
Usage: Gives you a 5% discount on all items from all merchants.
Max Number Held: 1
For all Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice items check out the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki and Strategy Guide