In Dying Light 2 you can assign facilities (Water Towers & Electrical Stations) to the two factions in the game: Peacekeepers & Survivors. Depending on which faction you give the facilities to you get different rewards. The peacekeepers place traps around the game world to aid you against enemies, the Survivors build parkour improvements that make traversal around the world easier and faster.
Simply put: Peacekeepers give combat bonuses, Survivors give parkour bonuses.
This page lists all of those Faction Rewards from facility assignments. You can assign each faction up to 7 Facilities. Each assigned Facility unlocks the next level of reward (all previous rewards also stay in the world). These only affect the districts where you assigned the facilities. Districts assigned to Peacekeepers are colored blue on the map, districts assigned to Survivors are colored yellow on the map.
Additionally, who you assign facilities to will also affect which faction’s side quests you get in those districts, particularly at Windmills. If you give the Water Towers & Electrical Stations to Peacekeepers you get their quests, if you give them to the Survivors you get their quests instead. What this also means is that giving the facilities to one faction cancels out the quests of the other faction.
Here are all reward levels:
- Car Traps – When activated, CAR TRAPS lure infected and then explode, eliminating huge groups all at once.
- PK Bolt Cannon – Quick-firing BOLT CANNONS are great at decimating packs of incoming Virals.
- Electrical Traps – ELECTRICAL TRAPS electrocute enemies caught in them, blocking passage through the surrounding area.
- Crossbow Pack – Receive semi-automatic CROSSBOW and set of blueprints for unique Elemental Bolts.
- Molotov Lanterns – When hit with a projectile, MOLOTOV LANTERNS will fall and set fire to a huge area around them.
- Pendulum Traps – Colossal PENDULUM TRAPS can mow down whole groups of enemies beneath them.
- UV Traps – UV TRAPS are very helpful during a chase, acting both as a trap for infected and an additional source of UV LIGHT.
- Ziplines – ZIPLINES speed up traversal significantly, creating additional routes through a Zone.
- Airbags – Jump over high walls instantly using AIRBAGS installed in Survivor Zones.
- Landing Bags – LANDING BAGS cushion your fall, allowing you to reach the ground quickly and safely.
- Survivor Revival – When you fall in a Survivors Zone, a helping hand will revive you close to the point at which you fell.
- Air Vents – Improved AIR VENTS that increase your mobility with the Paraglider.
- Upgraded Airbags – Upgraded AIR BAGS that allow you to jump even higher than before.
- Two-Way Ziplines – An improved version of ZIPLINES that lets you travel upward.
For more Dying Light 2 guides, check out the Dying Light 2 – 100% Completion Wiki & Strategy Guide.