Dying Light 2 Stay Human Trophy Roadmap
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 4/10
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 50-80 Hours active playtime (+about 30 hours inactive playtime, rubberbanding controller to run in circles for 960km)
- Offline Trophies: 55 (1, 8, 46)
- Online Trophies: 3 (1, 2)
- Total Trophies: 58 (1, 1, 8, 48)
- Number of missable trophies: 5
- Archivist – due to Prologue Collectible Notes (Mementos) being missable, can’t be replayed in Co-Op
- Boot Licker – must assign 7 facilities/districts to same faction
- Fit as a Fiddle – must save up 81 Inhibitors and use save game backup trick, see Roadmap Step 2
- Ironheart – must save up 81 Inhibitors and use save game backup trick, see Roadmap Step 2
- Audiophile – considered “semi-missable”, some tapes are in areas that become inaccessible later in story, but can still grab them by joining someone else’s Co-Op session
- Glitched trophies: Story trophies for beating main quests can randomly glitch out, this can affect any story trophy, but it works fine for most players. It’s a good idea to back up your save every few Main Quests (USB or PS+ Cloud). In case a trophy bugs out you can restore that save and replay from there without having to redo the entire game.
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: No, can do everything on easiest difficulty
- Minimum Playthroughs: 1 Playthrough (if you save up 81 Inhibitors and make a save backup to max out both Parkour & Health in a single playthrough) + Co-Op for finding Collectibles you missed in your playthrough
- PS4/PS5 Autopop & Save Transfer: Not available
- PS4/PS5 Crossbuy: Yes
- Free-Roam / Level Select after Story?: Yes, you can still explore the city after the story. Some story areas become inaccessible but can still go back to them via Co-Op in someone else’s game. Except Prologue area which cannot be revisited or replayed in Co-Op.
- Release Date: February 04, 2022
Welcome to the Dying Light 2 Stay Human Trophy Guide! Several Trophies in this game are missable. There is also 1 highly missable “Memento” Collectible in the Prologue, the reason being that the Prologue is the only part that cannot be replayed in Co-Op. There are several other Collectibles in areas that become inaccessible later in the story. The good news is that you can still grab all those Collectibles in someone else’s Co-Op session if need be. The only exception is the Prologue which can’t be replayed in Co-Op. There is no New Game+ and you have only 1 Autosave, there are no Manual Save Slots. Basically, the way the game is intended is that you have to mop up anything you missed via Co-Op. Some story trophies can glitch out, therefore it’s a good practice to back up your save regularly (every few main quests). In case something goes wrong you can copy back your save. Also due to the lack of any other fallback saves it’s a good idea to back up regularly in case you have a game-breaking up or any other issue you can restore your old save. Normally you would need 2 playthroughs because there are not enough Inhibitors (upgrade points) to max out both Health and Stamina in one playthrough (requires 162 Inhibitors to max both but game only has 126). If you save up 81 Inhibitors and then make a save game backup you can do it in one playthrough. This allows you to max out one stat, copy back your save, max out the other stat.
Step 1: Get the Missable Prologue Collectible [1 Hour]
The first thing you have to pay attention to is to grab the 1 missable Memento Collectible during the Prologue. This is MISSABLE as the prologue area cannot be revisited and cannot be replayed in Co-Op either. It is linked below (the first section in Memento Guide):
All other areas and quests can be replayed in co-op by joining someone else’s game. However, you should be as thorough as possible on your first playthrough to save time with the cleanup later.
Step 2: Play through the Story, Don’t spend Inhibitors, Do all Side Quests, Pick up Collectibles along the way, Assign all Facilities to same Faction [25-35 Hours]
After the Prologue, focus on playing through the story. There are a few important things to keep in mind:
- [MISSABLE] Archivist & Audiophile (Collectibles): Always play all Side Quests as soon as they become available, use Survival Sense to mark and collect nearby Collectibles in any Story areas/Side Quest areas! Several Side Quests award you with Collectibles. Many Side Quests become unavailable over time, if you miss a quest with a collectible in it then the only way to get it is through Co-Op. The Side Quests are good for getting extra XP and money anyway, all of which helps with other trophies too. Nearby Mementos and Tapes get highlighted by a golden dot when scanning for them with survival sense , so use this regularly and loot every room you enter to save yourself time with the cleanup later. The more thorough you are during the story, the less you have to clean up later! See the Collectible Roadmap in the next section below for semi-missable story/side quests to look out for.
- [MISSABLE] Fit as a Fiddle (max Stamina upgrades) & Ironheart (max Health upgrades): Must save up 81 Inhibitors (upgrade points), don’t spend them! There are not enough Inhibitors in the game to max out both stats in one playthrough. You need 81 Inhibitors to max out one stat (=162 for both), but the game contains only 126 Inhibitors. As a workaround, save up 81 Inhibitors, don’t spend them. They are the upgrade points found in special Inhibitor Chests. Once you have 81, make a save game backup (PS+ Cloud on PS5 or USB on PS4), max out one stat to pop the trophy, copy back your save, pop the other trophy. This way you can get both in 1 playthrough. Alternatively, you can do 2 playthroughs but this would add another 20 hours to your platinum time. During the 18th Main Quest “Nightrunners” you have to put 6-9 Inhibitors into Stamina to be able to climb to the Military Antenna, this is safe to do, just don’t spend any more until you have 81 total, which you can check at the bottom of the skills menu. Spending Skill Points is fine and doesn’t consume Inhibitors (Combat/Parkour Skill Trees on left/right of Skill Menu).
- [MISSABLE] Boot Licker: Always assign Facilities (Water Towers, Electrical Stations) to the same faction until this trophy unlocks! There are two factions “Peacekeepers” and “Survivors”. Always give Facilities to the same faction until they control 7 districts. These cannot be reassigned.
- [TIME SAVER] A Friend in Need: Always help survivors (blue icons) when encountering them! Whenever you see people in need, help them. You must save 50 people. These are random encounters in random locations. It’s nothing missable and they still spawn after the story in free-roam or in Co-Op, but focusing on them from the start will save you time later.
- [TIME SAVER] Death From Afar: When you find a ranged weapon (like a bow), keep it and kill a Spitter with it! If you were to sell all ranged weapons it could get annoying to find another one when you need it.
- [TIME SAVER] Ultramarathon: When you’re not actively playing, rubberband the left/rick stick to run in circles for 960km traveled! You must travel a total distance of 960km, your running speed is 6m/s, which means 44.4 hours of running. By the time you have all other trophies you would likely need another 20 hours of running in circles. So to reduce the grind, when you go to sleep/work/take a break (in real life), rubberband the left and right controller sticks to run in circles infinitely, best done at a safe zone that has UV lights. While you sleep you can just keep the game running.
- [TIME SAVER] Who Wants To Be a…: Keep some high-value armor/valuables for Co-Op Duping! It helps with reaching 1 Million Money quickly by duplicating a high-value item with a friend in co-op. Don’t sell your valuables. See Dying Light 2 Duplication Exploit & Infinite Money Guide.
Collectible Roadmap (All Semi-Missables):
Grab the following Collectibles during the Story. If you miss these, they become inaccessible in your game, but can still grab them in someone else’s Co-Op session by using “Find Game” Co-Op Search. Everything else can still be found after the story or in free-roam, apart from the “truly missable” Prologue Memento explained in Step 1.
- BEFORE MAIN QUEST 9: REVOLUTION / INTO THE DARK: Memento #9: GRE report – Quartermaster Pike #1 + Memento #10: GRE report – Quartermaster Pike #2 + Memento #11: GRE report – Quartermaster Pike #3 – Side Quest: The Ball is in Your Court, this quest becomes inaccessible after Main Quest 9: Revolution / Into the Dark
- BEFORE MAIN QUEST 9: REVOLUTION / INTO THE DARK: Make sure you talk to the first Carrier at Quarry’s End, this is a requirement to trigger the Carriers Questline that contains Tape #28 – The City Classifieds – The Cable Guy & Memento #12: The Carriers Guild Assault. The first carrier becomes inaccessible after Main Quest 9: Revolution / Into the Dark which would lock you out of the entire questline. See Starting Location: Carriers.
- AFTER MAIN QUEST 11: A PLACE TO CALL HOME: Memento #75: Avery’s Map – the side quest “To Kill or Not To Kill” is there right away for some players, but for others it only spawns after the story or never spawns at all (potentially a bug). Check for it after every main quest. If it never spawns in your game, use the ‘Find Game’ Co-Op Search to join someone who has it.
- DURING MAIN QUEST 16: BROADCAST: Memento #57: Chris’s Dog Tag – only accessible during Main Quest 16: Broadcast
- DURING MAIN QUEST 21: NOW OR NEVER: Tape #61: Waltz’s Chamber Recording #1, Tape #62: Waltz’s Chamber Recording #2, Tape #63: Waltz’s Chamber Recording #3 – only accessible during Main Quest 21: Now or Never
- BEFORE MAIN QUEST 22: X13: Tape #46 – Journal of a Nightrunner #6 becomes inaccessible after Main Quest 22: X13
Step 3: Points of Interest [10 Hours]
After the story in free-roam, complete all trophy-relevant Points of Interest on the map. Each type awards you with a trophy for completing all of them, can still find them after story in free-roam:
- 7 Facilities (Water Towers & Electrical Stations) – remember to assign them to the same faction for Boot Licker
- 9 Metro Stations
- 17 Windmills
- 4 Bandit Camps
- 12 GRE Anomalies
- 6 GRE Quarantine Buildings (24 Hidden Inhibitors)
- 26 Airdrops
- 10 Nightrunner Trials – bronze score is enough for trophies
Step 4: Collectibles [10-15 Hours]
Mop up all your remaining Collectibles. You can check your “Collectables” Menu for their names and compare against the below guides what you are missing. Some Collectibles are tied to missable side quests or areas that become inaccessible with certain story progress, but you can still get them in someone else’s Co-Op session (except the Prologue Memento, which can’t be redone in Co-Op). Simply press > > Find Games > it will show exactly what quest and city alignment people are on so you can specifically target a quest you need. If you were thorough on your main playthrough you should already have most of these done. For the ones from faction-specific quests, if you sided with the opposite faction the collectible will usually spawn in the same room where the other faction’s quest giver would be, or you can join Co-Op sessions (check their alignment in “Find Games”) to find someone who has the correct quest available.
- 70 Graffiti Tag Collectibles (Murals)
- 63 Collectible Recordings (Tapes)
- 117 Collectible Notes (Mementos)
- 126 Inhibitors (only 81 needed for maxing out Stamina or Health if you make a save backup beforehand)
Step 5: Co-Op & 1 Million Money [1-2 Hours]
There are two quick Co-Op Trophies for joining a Co-Op game and killing 100 enemies in a 3-4 player session.
The main thing you’ll have left is reaching 1 Million Money. With the Duplication Exploit you can get 1 Million Money as fast as 30-60 Minutes but it requires a Co-Op partner or you can play by yourself with a 2nd console. Refer to Dying Light 2 Duplication Exploit & Infinite Money Guide.
General Info: How to Back Up and Restore Saves on PlayStation / Xbox / PC
- On PS4/PS5: Console Settings > Saved Data Management > Saved Data > Console Storage > Upload your save to PS+ Cloud [PS5/PS4] or USB flash drive [PS4 only]. If using PS+ cloud (the only option on PS5) make sure you have automatic save sync uploads disabled or else it could automatically overwrite your cloud save (PS5 Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data PS5 > Sync Saved Data > Auto-Sync Saved Data = Disabled). To restore the save, go to Console Settings > Saved Data Management > Saved Data > PS+ or USB > Copy to Console Storage > Overwrite.
- On PC: Find wherever the save game is stored, this can vary but for Steam it should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata. Copy and paste it into another folder where you can find it later. Then copy it back into the Steam\userdata folder to overwrite.
- On Xbox One / Xbox Series: To force a cloud save where you want it to occur, disconnect yourself from the internet > move around in-game whilst disconnected from internet for a few seconds > reconnect yourself back to the internet > now it will force a cloud save > (double-check that it really uploaded to the cloud) > do what you need to do (e.g. maxing out an attribute for trophy or duping gear) WITHOUT EXITING THE GAME (exiting the game may overwrite cloud save!) and stay online because it can’t unlock achievements offline > when done press Home-Button > scroll down to Dying Light 2 > press Options > Manage Game > Saved Data > click Gamertag > Delete Saved Data > Delete from Console > if it still shows the save, delete it again until it’s gone > press Home-Button and restart the game > it will now sync/download your backup save from cloud.
Useful Tips, Tricks and Guides:
- Dying Light 2 – 100% Completion Wiki & Strategy Guide
- Dying Light 2 – Walkthrough (All Quests)
- Dying Light 2 – All Collectible Notes (Mementos) Locations
- Dying Light 2 – All Collectible Recordings (Tapes) Locations
- Dying Light 2 – All Graffiti Tag Collectibles (Murals) Locations
- Dying Light 2 – All Inhibitor Locations
- Dying Light 2 – All Facilities (Water Towers & Electrical Stations)
- Dying Light 2 – All Metro Stations Locations
- Dying Light 2 – All Windmill Locations
- Dying Light 2 – All Bandit Camp Locations
- Dying Light 2 – All GRE Anomaly Locations
- Dying Light 2 – All GRE Quarantine Building Locations (Hidden Inhibitors)
- Dying Light 2 – All Airdrop Locations
- Dying Light 2 – All Nightrunner Trial Locations
- Dying Light 2 – How to Fast Travel
- Dying Light 2 – How to Unlock Paraglider
- Dying Light 2 – How to Unlock Grappling Hook
- Dying Light 2 – How to Unlock UV Flashlight
- Dying Light 2 – How to Repair Weapons
- Dying Light 2 – Full World Map & Map Size
- Dying Light 2 – Duplication Exploit & Infinite Money Guide
Dying Light 2 Stay Human Trophy Guide
Unlock every trophy.
|Earn all trophies in Dying Light 2 Stay Human to unlock platinum (DLC not required).|
|Into the Unknown
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks after 1st Main Quest “Pilgrim’s Path“.|
Use an Inhibitor for the first time.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks after 1st Main Quest “Pilgrim’s Path“, during the next cutscene that starts Main Quest “Getting Stronger“.|
Enter the Bazaar.
|*High chance of bugging out* – for many players this doesn’t unlock when it should. It’s best to make a manual save backup before / during 4th Main Quest “The Only Way Out” (Console Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data > Console Storage > Upload to PS+ Cloud or USB). In case it doesn’t unlock you can restore the save and try again without needing to replay the entire game*
Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks during 4th Main Quest “The Only Way Out” when entering the Bazaar.
Activate your first Water Tower.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks during 8th Main Quest “Water Tower“, after you assigned the Water Tower to either the Peacekeepers or Survivors faction. It doesn’t matter which faction you assign it to.|
|On the Trail of the Enemy
Learn Waltz’s location.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks after completing 9th Main Quest “Revolution” (Survivors) / “Into the Dark” (Peacekeepers).|
|Light in the Darkness
Activate your first Electrical Substation.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks during 11th Main Quest “A Place To Call Home“, after you assigned the Electrical Station to either the Peacekeepers or Survivors faction. It doesn’t matter which faction you assign it to.|
|Get Outta My House!
Defeat the Renegades attacking the Fish Eye.
|*High chance of bugging out* – for many players this doesn’t unlock when it should. It’s best to make a manual save backup before / during 11th Main Quest “A Place To Call Home” (Console Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data > Console Storage > Upload to PS+ Cloud or USB). In case it doesn’t unlock you can restore the save and try again without needing to replay the entire game*
Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks after 11th Main Quest “A Place To Call Home“.
|Debris and Ashes
Reach the Observatory.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks during the 19th Main Quest “Veronika”, Objective “Enter the Observatory”, after Veronika tells you to go through the yellow radioactive zone.
Note: This trophy is in the wrong order in the trophy list! It comes hours AFTER the below story trophies We Will be Heard! & Known Associate. It does NOT unlock from the 13th Main Quest called “Observatory”. It’s tied to the Observatory in 19th Main Quest “Veronika” near the end of the story.
|We Will Be Heard!
Restore the radio broadcast tower.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks after completing 16th Main Quest “Broadcast”, at the very end of it after turning on the transmitter on the rooftop (not earlier when you turn on the power inside the broadcast tower).|
Learn the whereabouts of Veronika Ryan.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks after completing 18th Main Quest “Nightrunners” (Survivors) / “Empire” (Peacekeepers).|
|Brush with Death
Wake up after the missile strike.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks after completing 19th Main Quest “Veronika”.|
Enter the X-13 elevator.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks during the 22nd Main Quest “X13” (part of Epilogue). After completing the mandatory quest objective “Get to X13” you will unlock this trophy.|
Find your sister.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks during the 22nd Main Quest “X13” (part of Epilogue). After completing the mandatory quest objective “Find Waltz” you will unlock this trophy.|
|Your World, Your Rules
Complete the game with any ending.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. Unlocks after the 22nd Main Quest “X13”. Your story choices don’t matter. Any Ending will do for trophy purposes.|
Assign all Facilities.
|» Dying Light 2 All Facility Locations (Water Towers & Electrical Stations)|
Activate your first Metro Station.
|» Dying Light 2 All Metro Station Locations|
Activate all Metro Stations.
|» Dying Light 2 All Metro Station Locations|
Activate your first Windmill.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. You will have to activate a Windmill near the end of the 4th Main Quest “Unruly Brother” in order to advance the story.|
Use a Metro Station to Fast Travel.
|You will unlock your first Metro Station during the 10th Main Story Quest “Let’s Waltz”. Other stations can be activated after this, ideally at night when they are less crowded with zombies.
When you are on the map and zooming out, you can hover over unlocked destinations and hold to fast travel to this location. It might not unlock upon first try, it’s slightly buggy but will unlock eventually. If it doesn’t work, immediately travel again while inside a Metro Station to travel to another Metro Station and it should work fine within a few tries. Also try interacting with the white metro map inside the stations for fast travel, it’s not normally needed for the trophy but can fix it if it bugged:
Activate all Windmills.
|» Dying Light 2 All Windmill Locations|
|Can’t You Read the Signs?
Collect all Inhibitors hidden in GRE Quarantines.
|» Dying Light 2 All GRE Quarantine Locations
For this trophy you specifically need only the 24 Inhibitors from the 6 Quarantine Buildings (4 per building), which you are forced to pick up in order to complete the Quarantine Buildings. You don’t need any other Inhibitors (game contains 126 total but only the 24 from the 6 Quarantines are needed for the trophy and achievement).
|Find Anything Interesting?
Open all Airdrops.
|» Dying Light 2 All Airdrop Locations|
|It Wasn’t That Hard, Was It?
Defeat your first GRE Anomaly.
|» Dying Light 2 All GRE Anomaly Locations|
Defeat all GRE Anomalies.
|» Dying Light 2 All GRE Anomaly Locations|
Clear your first Bandit Camp.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. You will have to conquer a Bandit Camp during the 7th Main Quest “The Raid”.|
Clear all Bandit Camps.
|» Dying Light 2 All Bandit Camp Locations|
|You Never Forget Your First…
Craft your first item.
|Automatic story-related trophy, cannot be missed. This will be the first trophy you unlock in the game, during the 1st Main Quest “Pilgrim’s Path”, which makes you craft a healing item automatically.|
|Oh, So This Is How It Works!
Modify your weapon for the first time.
|See trophy Modder.|
|A Friend in Need…
Help 50 survivors in Encounters.
|Encounters can randomly pop up while roaming the city and are indicated by a light blue square on your HUD. They will show up when you are in a 50 meter range of them. These encounters include defeating Bandits and Zombies, mostly threatening Human NPCs. After defeating the 1-3 enemies, you’ll get an on-screen message about the Encounter success and can get a small reward from the NPC or open a lockbox with valuables. Keep helping people indicated with the blue markers until the trophy unlocks.|
Achieve maximum Parkour Proficiency.
|You have two skill trees in Dying Light 2: Combat Proficiency (Health) & Parkour Proficiency (Stamina). You must reach Level 25 in each skill tree to max it out for the trophy. There’s one trophy for each. With each level you gain more skill points for each tree that can be spent on new active skills. However, for trophy purposes just reaching Level 25 is enough, it unlocks before buying all skills.
You gain Parkour XP by doing any parkouring actions at night, such as climbing and jumping. XP is also rewarded from various other side activities and Points of Interest.
Combat XP comes from doing any combat actions, defeating enemies.
You gain more XP at night time. The best way to go about this is to do all other trophies first, which should get you to max level or close to it. If you’re still missing some XP, play at night for an XP boost and perform parkouring / combat actions to gain more XP until you reach the maximum. This will likely be among your last trophies in the game.
Achieve maximum Combat Proficiency.
|See Parkour Master above.|
Reach City Alignment 7 for any faction.
|*MISSABLE* – Must assign facilities to the same faction (Peacekeepers / Survivors) until you get this trophy. Facilities / Districts cannot be reassigned.
For this you must assign 7 facilities to one faction, which puts them in charge of a district. There are 7 Facilities (Water Towers & Electrical Stations). So for this trophy, assign all of them to the same faction to put them in charge of 7 Districts. The districts that don’t have a facility in them get assigned to a faction automatically as part of the story. However, to be safe always assign all facilities to one and the same faction. There are two factions: “Peacekeepers” (blue) and “Survivors” (yellow).
The first facility/district gets assigned in Main Quest 8: Water Tower. More facilities become available throughout the story. You can still assign the remaining ones after the story.
Note: There are reports that this can also unlock by joining someone in co-op who has a city alignment of 7+ for a faction. When leaving the co-op session the trophy should unlock. Use the co-op “Find Game” option to see the city alignment of other players.
For Facility Locations, refer to this guide:
|Who Wants To Be a…
Collect 1,000,000 in Old World Money.
|Getting 1 Million Money through legit gameplay isn’t feasible and would take 200h+.
For this you should find a co-op partner (or play with a 2nd console yourself) to farm it in online co-op with duplication exploit:
If you were to do it legit, you’d have to loot and sell absolutely everything you come across, clear everything on the map. For reference, after 100h of gameplay you may only have around 400k money and by this point you’ll run out of points of interest. Then the only viable option would be to join someone’s co-op game, or kill lots of enemies and loot them, but they don’t always drop valuable loot. The co-op duplication exploit is your best bet. With Rank 9 yellow rarity endgame gear you get 8,000 per piece and can get to 1 million in 30-60 minutes.
|Man On a Mission
Meet all your Sparker love interests.
|» Dying Light 2 All Sparker Love Interests|
Travel at least 960km.
|Self-explanatory, travel a total of 960 kilometers throughout the game (596.6 miles). Your default running speed in this game is 6m/s which means 44.4 hours of running to cover 960km distance.
Unfortunately, there are no in-game statistics to keep track of this. Because there are no in-game stats it’s not quite clear if flying with the paraglider or falling from buildings counts or not. 960km is quite a lot and this will be one of your last trophies. If you are still missing this after being done with everything else, you can rubber-band your controller to keep walking in circles until it unlocks (best done in a safe zone that has UV light). It will probably take you another 30-40 hours of walking (rubberbanding method) after being done with all other trophies, but you can simply use this method while you’re asleep or while away from the console, just put rubberbands around the left stick and right stick to keep walking in circles infinitely.
|After the Fall
Fall from a combined height of at least 10,994 meters.
|This trophy will come naturally, as every meter you climb up you will also descend in one form or another. Even small jumps down from a car will add roughly a meter to your overall count. There is no statistic anywhere in-game, just keep on playing and it should pop while working on the other trophies.|
|Good Night & Good Luck
Survive your first night.
|This will come naturally over the course of the game. Simply survive a night until morning. The easiest option is to sleep in your bed to make it nighttime, then go right back to sleep to skip to morning again and the trophy will unlock immediately, without having to wait through the night.|
|Can’t Touch This!
Kill 20 enemies in a row with melee weapons without taking damage.
|This will likely come naturally throughout your playthrough without even trying. Kill 20 enemies with melee weapons without losing any health in between (ranged weapons such as bows don’t count). Check the surroundings so you don’t get surprised from behind while fighting. Later in the game when you have better weapons (Rank 6+), you can return to early game regions (Rank 1) to instant kill enemies in a single hit.|
Kill a Volatile.
|Unlocked automatically during the Epilogue, in the 22nd Main Quest “X13”, Objective “Kill the Renegades”. Volatiles are a special type of infected enemy. You will have to kill some of them automatically as part of the story, near the end of the game.
Alternatively, you can encounter Volatiles at Chase Level 4 at night, particularly on the 2nd map (Central Loop).
|Death From Afar
Kill a Spitter using a ranged weapon.
Spitters are monsters that shoot/spit projectiles at you from afar. They appear frequently at night everywhere in the game, for example in Trinity district which is an early area in the game.
Best way to go about this is to stand at an elevated position without alerting the nearby zombies and take out your bow (or other ranged weapon) to shoot the Spitter multiple times until he goes down.
Use the UV Flashlight to kill a Viral.
The UV Flashlight is unlocked automatically from the story in the 14th Main Quest “Welcome On Board”. This is quite late in the game so you must play through most of the story first.
Once you have it, Hold to open equipment wheel to assign UV Flashlight to quick slot > hold to use it.
Go find any of the normal slow zombies that walk around in the streets at day (trophy wouldn’t unlock at night for me for some reason). Virals are the most common, slowest form of infected, found everywhere in the streets. Shine the UV flashlight at one of them, then perform a melee-attack to kill the Viral while it is stunned from the UV light.
If it doesn’t unlock at night, try at day. Here’s what a Viral looks like (most common type of infected, slow and everywhere on streets):
Perform 50 headshots with a ranged weapon.
|This trophy will unlock by hitting a total of 50 headshots with a ranged weapon like a bow. They don’t need to be fatal hits, but any hit will count towards 50. If it takes 5 shots to the head to kill an enemy, you only need to repeat this 9 more times to reach 50 total hits.
Lose the maximum level of Chase.
|At night time, get spotted by enemies and run around until you reach Chase Level 4/4. You can also stay in water and wait for the chase level to go up, because the infected can’t reach you there. To lose the chase, you can simply let the enemies kill you and you will respawn and unlock the trophy. Alternatively, make it back to a hideout to lose the chase.|
|Being All Social
Join a co-op session.
|Co-Op is unlocked after the Prologue.
To play Co-Op: go to Pause Menu (press Options-Button) > again press Options-Button to enter ONLINE MENU. Here you can use the Quick Join function to join a random game, or Invite a Friend to team up with a buddy.
Kill 100 enemies while playing with at least 2 other players.
|See the above trophy Being All Social on how to join a co-op game. The game supports up to 4 players in co-op. You must join a match with at least 2 other players (3 with yourself) and kill a total of 100 enemies. Of course, playing in a full 4-player match works for this too.|
Perform a Perfect Block 10 times in a row without taking damage.
|The blocking tutorial will happen during the 1st Main Quest “Pilgrim’s Path“. You need to press in the very last moment to make a perfect block. Do this, while there is only one enemy left, so you won’t get attacked by other enemies. You must perform 10 perfect blocks in a row without messing up a block (they all have to be perfect blocks). It takes some practice but once you got the timing down it will get easier.|
Modify your weapons at least 50 times.
|All you need for this is 1 single weapon charm (will get some naturally while working on other trophies) and one weapon with at least one mod slot on it.
Go to Inventory > scroll over a weapon that has mod slots (2-3 dots to the right of the weapon icon) > if it has a mod slot you can press on it to modify > click the “Charms” section > reapply the same Charm 50 times in a row.
You don’t even need different charms, can simply reapply the exact same charm 50 times by holding . This doesn’t use up any materials whatsoever, the charm can be reapplied infinitely. If you don’t yet have a charm check again later, you’ll get some while working through the story, collectibles, and points of interest.
|Fit as a Fiddle
Max out your Health.
|*MISSABLE* – Cannot max out Parkour & Combat in a single playthrough unless you save at least 81 Inhibitors (don’t spend them), then make a save game backup, max out one stats, copy back the save to max out the other stat.
You have two stats in Dying Light 2: Combat Proficiency (Health) & Parkour Proficiency (Stamina). You upgrade these by spending Inhibitors in the Skills Menu (scroll over the Health/Stamina icons at the bottom of Skills Menu).
Inhibitors are found in special Inhibitor Chests, but you get about 60 of them automatically from clearing the Points of Interest on the map which you all need for other trophies anyway.
To max out Parkour/Combat you need to reach Rank 26 in each attribute. It costs 3 Inhibitors per Rank. That’s 26 Ranks x 3 Inhibitors = 78 Inhibitors from Rank 1-Rank 26. The story force-spends another 3 Inhibitors automatically on the other attribute during “Markers of Plague“). That makes 81 Inhibitors (78 + 3 wasted from story) total to max out one attribute.
Here’s the problem: There are only 126 Inhibitors in the game but you would need 162 total to max out both stats in the same playthrough. This means the game has 36 fewer than you need to max out both.
Luckily, there is a workaround:
For all Inhibitor Locations, refer to:
Max out your Stamina.
|See Fit as a Fiddle above.|
|You’re Going Down!
Perform 50 takedowns.
|Takedown can be performed on unaware enemies (human and zombies alike) from behind by pressing . Do this a combined 50 times to unlock the trophy.|
|Don’t Look Up
Perform Smash on at least 50 enemies.
|Smash is a skill from the Combat skill tree which you need to unlock for 1 Combat Point. It requires 180 health minimum, which you can level up by increasing your Combat Level or spending Inhibitors on Health upgrades. Once you have unlocked it, it works in a similar fashion to takedowns, but must be done from an elevated position onto unaware enemies. Smash kills can also be done from the paraglider if you are relatively close to the ground, but is easier to stick to smaller roofs and trucks.|
|Get the Point?
Kill 50 enemies with a Spear.
|Spears are “Opportunity Weapons”, often found in bandit camps, along fortifications and especially sticking out of corpses in the streets. Check bodies with green lights, as they often contain spears and come mostly in pairs of up to five in the same vicinity. Use the spears preferably on zombies, as humans might survive them, depending on their armor.|
Complete all Nightrunner Trials.
|» Dying Light 2 All Nightrunner Trials
Note: for the trophy you only need Bronze score in each Trial (Gold score isn’t needed).
|Bing Bang Boom!
Perform an Air Kick after a Double Wall Run.
To do this, you need to acquire three different skills: “Tic Tac” + “Wall Combo” from the Parkour tree, “Air Kick” from the Combat tree.
Now look for a narrow gap between buildings so you can easily run on one side (hold to wallrun), jump over to the other side for second wallrun (look at other side and hold to jump over) and from there jump off ( ) and dropkick down onto an enemy (hold ).
Find all Collectible Notes.
|» Dying Light 2 All Memento Locations (Collectible Notes)|
Find all Collectible Recordings.
|» Dying Light 2 All Tape Locations (Collectible Recordings)|
|Street Art Aficionado
Discover all Graffiti Tag Collectibles.
|» Dying Light 2 All Graffiti Tag Locations (Collectible Murals)|
Special Thanks / Credits
Massive thanks to the following people for sending tips:
Hinsusta = Various Information, help with Points of Interest and Collectibles
Archavia, Gage, Ashbo, dalailama1989 = Dying Light 2 Wiki & Strategy Guide
Spray_UK = Confirming Save Game backup method for Xbox
- 2022-02-06 – Sparker Love Interests now figured out, linked with their own page
- 2022-02-06 – Updated from “78 Inhibitors” to “81 Inhibitors” for max Health/Stamina. While 78 is technically correct (26 Ranks x 3 per rank = 78) the story actually force-spends an additional 3 Inhibitors on the other attribute during “Markers of Plague“. So the total count of Inhibitors collected will be 78 + 3 (=81) before you can get the trophy, the count has been updated to account for that.
- 2022-02-11 – All Collectibles now found. Added Collectible Roadmap under Step 2 for the semi-missables from story/side quests.