Are you wondering how long is Far Cry 6? Depending on chosen difficulty and playstyle it can vary quite a lot between 15-30 hours.
Far Cry 6 story took me 17 hours to beat.
That playthrough was on easy difficulty focusing purely on story without doing any side tasks. The more side tasks you do, obviously the longer it will take. So 17 hours is a minimum estimate. The Prologue on Isla Santuario lasts for 2-3 hours. Then the whole map opens up and you gain access to the remaining 4 regions. The 3 main regions take about 5-6 hours each for story alone. The endgame region has fewer quests and is much quicker to do. There are 56 Main Quests, 28 Yaran Stories (Side Quests), 21 Treasure Hunts. That’s a total of 105 Quests in the game. On average they last about 15 minutes each. Some are much quicker and only take 3 minutes but then others are longer and can take 20-25 minutes.
That’s 105 Quests x 15 Minutes = 26 Hours for all quests. Plus a few more hours for Collectibles and destroying Military Targets.
Far Cry 6 Story Length Estimates:
- 15 Hours Speedrun on Easy Difficulty, skipping all Dialogue & Cutscenes, ignoring all side activities
- 20-25 Hours on Normal Difficulty, listening to all dialogue, moderate exploration (50% completion). This is how most players will enjoy the game and what will be applicable to most.
- 30 Hours on Normal Difficulty, doing all quests as you go through each region and destroying all Military Targets along the way.
Time to travel across the entire Map:
- Far Cry 6 has the biggest map of any Far Cry game so far, with a total size of 88km² (a third of it is water, two thirds are land mass). See Full World Map & Size. Flying from one side of the map to the other in a helicopter takes about 7 minutes. Running from west edge of the map to east edge of the map on foot would take about 20 minutes. The map is 9400m height x 9400m width.
- There are no radio towers or viewpoint to unfog the map. It can only be unfogged by going everywhere on the ground. Flying in an aircraft doesn’t unfog the map, even if you fly very close to the ground. You could use autodrive with a car however, which drives you to your target automatically, but this would only unfog the main roads. Unfogging every single piece of the map may take 7-10 hours or so. However, even without unfogging it you can see the terrain clearly on the map when zooming in, so there’s no real need to unfog everything other than to reveal map markers when you get near them. This gives you an idea of just how large it is. Much of the terrain is mountainous and would be hard to pass on vehicles.
100% Completion / Platinum Trophy / 1000 Gamerscore:
- To get 100% Completion in Far Cry 6 it takes about 35 Hours – this estimate includes having done every single quest and treasure hunt, having found every single collectible (including all unique weapons and armor), and having destroyed all military targets. So having done everything the map has to offer.
- Platinum Trophy / 1000 Gamerscore takes about 25-35 Hours – most side tasks can be ignored for Platinum as you only need about 65% game completion and don’t even need to destroy all Military Targets. You just need to finish the story, get the Collectibles (except Hidden Histories which aren’t trophy-relevant), find all Unique Weapons, and destroy a few of each type of Military Target. If you go for the bare minimum and follow the Far Cry 6 Trophy Guide & Roadmap you can do it in about 25 hours. Depending on how much other non-trophy-related side content you do, it can go up to 35 hours if you go for more completion than necessary. A good average for most players should be around 30 hours.
The story basically consists of completing the story arc in each of the regions, then you get to play the last story arc. After the story you can still free-roam around the map and do any unfinished side quests, treasures, collectibles, and military targets. Everything is still doable after the story, nothing is missable.
How long did it take you to finish the Far Cry 6 story or to gain 100% completion / platinum / 1000 Gamerscore? Leave your times in the comments below.
For more Far Cry 6 info, check out our full Far Cry 6 Wiki & Strategy Guide.