A Dynamite Body is a side quest in Final Fantasy 7 (VII) Remake. This walkthrough will guide you through all objectives of the A Dynamite Body Side Mission (Odd Job).
A Dynamite Body becomes available in Chapter 9 when you complete ‘The Party Never Stops‘ side quest AND made the choices listed in the requirements below.
Side Quest: A Dynamite Body
Area: Sector 6 Slums – Wall Market
Quest Giver: Sam
Make the following choices in Chapter 9:
- Sam Dialogue (Chocobo Cowboy): When describing Tifa to him pick “She’s in great Shape”.
- In Wall Market, complete the Johnny Discovery Event (where he runs away from you). After catching him pick his first dialogue “Yeah”.
- In Wall Market, talk to the guy standing in front of the hotel, select dialogue “How much?” (back at the start of Wall Market)
- In Wall Market, talk to hotel receptionist, select dialogue “Yes”.
- After this head to the next main objective at Corneo’s mansion where you meet the Trio.
- When Sam does the coin flip, pick “No deal.”.
- Pick the cheapest massage “Poor Man’s Course – 100G”
- When Aerith asks how you like her outfit “It’s alright”.
- Complete ‘The Underground Colosseum’ main objective.
- Complete The Party Never Stops side quest
- Complete Burning Thighs side quest
- Now A Dynamite Body side quest becomes available..
Reward: Arcane Scepter, HP and MP restored, Manuscript: The Art of Swordplay Vol. X (Hard Difficulty Only)
Mission Info: Sam asks Cloud to go to the Colosseum. This, apparently, will help save Tifa…?
- Head to the Colosseum and select the ‘Special Match’
- Defeat the two Bombs and claim your reward
Starting Location: A Dynamite Body
Warning: This Side Quest requires specific choices in Chapter 9, see the requirements listed above and replicate them exactly. If you make different choices you get two alternate quests instead The Price of Thievery, Shears’ Counterattack (click on them for their requirements). These optional quests are also needed for the “Best in the Business” trophy, which you can do after the story in chapter select. Since they cancel out the alternate Chapter 9 quests you can only do one or the other on the 1st playthrough.
Head to the Colosseum and select the ‘Special Match’
Head over to the Colosseum and speak to the Gatekeeper. Select ‘Special Match’ and you’ll be taken to the arena.
Defeat the two Bombs and claim your reward
You’ll have to fight two Bombs, a new enemy at this stage. They are are not weak against any type of element, but resistant against fire magic. Use ice, wind or lightning between physical attacks to defeat them quickly.
After winning the battle, a short cutscene will play and Sam will meet you at the exit of the arena. He’ll reward you with an Arcane Scepter (if this is your first playthrough of Chapter 9) or simply just restore your HP/MP if you completed the other branch of Chapter 9 side quests on a previous playthrough.
This finishes A Dynamite Body side quest in Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Important for Best in the Business Trophy: To get this quest you must complete the Johnny Discovery Event in Chapter 9 Wall Market which locks you out of the 2 alternate Side Quests The Price of Thievery, Shears’ Counterattack. After the story you unlock Chapter Select and can get these 2 alternate quests via chapter select without having to replay the entire game. Once you did all 26 side quests you get trophy “Best in the Business”. You can’t get all 26 side quests in a single playthrough.
For all other Side Quest Walkthroughs, check out our complete Final Fantasy 7 (VII) Walkthrough.