Nioh 2 has 150 Kodama locations. Finding all Kodama unlocks the Kodama Leader trophy. The game is split into 6 regions, each of them containing 25 Kodamas.
They are a type of collectible, looking like the little green men you see on shrines. They often hide inside wooden crates that you must destroy to see them while other times they are in plain sight.
It is highly advisable you get all Kodama on your first playthrough of the mission. There is good reason for this: every 5 you find in the region gives you +1 free Elixir on respawn. By default you start out with 3 Elixirs after you have died (they are used to heal yourself). 5 Kodama found = 4 Elixirs, 10 Kodama = 5 Elixirs, 15 Kodama = 6 Elixirs, 20 Kodama = 7 Elixirs, 25 Kodama = 8 Elixirs.
Because of this you can increase the Elixirs from 3 to 8 which makes bosses a lot easier as you can heal yourself more often. In each new region the Elixir counter resets and you must find the 25 Kodama in the new region. Most are from main missions but a few are in side quests too.
In addition to increasing number of held Elixirs, you can also go to a Shrine and select a Kodama blessing such as more XP (Amrita) or more Elixir drops from enemies.
On the world map when you scroll over a mission it shows how many it contains and how many you have found (green man icon below mission rewards). A quick way to see your total amount of Kodama found is to scroll over a Twilight Mission (red orb on left side of world map). You can also check it under Titles > Gameplay Records > Other > Kodama Found % (shows a percentage).
None of the Kodamas are missable! You can still get all of them after the story via mission select. As soon as you found one of them you can quit out of the mission immediately. They are saved instantly and don’t need to be collected again if you die.
To make them easier to locate, equip an item with the ability “Kodama Sensor”. Then they will show up as green dots on the radar in the top right corner. It will say Kodama Sensor in yellow text under the item benefits, mostly found from accessories.
- Nioh 2 Kodama Locations Video Playlist – YouTube
- Nioh 2 Wiki & Strategy Guide
- Nioh 2 All Hot Spring Locations
- Nioh 2 Walkthrough – All Missions
- Nioh 2 Boss Guide (All Bosses)
Below are the Kodama Locations for each mission.
- The Village of Cursed Blossoms – 7 Kodama
- The Forest Veiled in Darkness – 2 Kodama
- The Beast Born of Smoke and Flames – 7 Kodama
- Dark Omens – 3 Kodama
- The Viper’s Sanctum – 6 Kodama
- The Hidden Monsters of Okehazama – 7 Kodama
- The Mysterious One Night Castle – 7 Kodama
- A Hot-blooded Howl – 5 Kodama
- The Hollow Fortress – 6 Kodama
- A Way Out – 7 Kodama
- Corpses and Ice – 8 Kodama
- Bird In A Cage – 7 Kodama
- The Golden Nation – 3 Kodama
- Ruin Draws Near – 7 Kodama
- The Two Faces of Hospitality – 7 Kodama
- The High-spirited Demon – 6 Kodama
- Stray Cats – 5 Kodama
- The Mausoleum of Evil – 9 Kodama
- The Golden Castle – 8 Kodama
- Cherry Blossom Viewing in Daigo – 8 Kodama