In The Quarry, you must kill everyone for the “Hackett’s Quarry Massacre” trophy and achievement. This is the worst / bad ending in the game where nobody survives. This walkthrough will guide you through the necessary steps to achieve the worst ending in The Quarry. Killing the Hacketts isn’t necessary for the trophy, they don’t count. Only your playable characters must die.
It’s recommended you do the Best Ending “Everyone Survived” first. Follow this Walkthrough first and then continue here after: The Quarry Walkthrough (Everyone Survives). Doing it that way around is more effective to minimize the playthroughs needed for the platinum trophy. This guide assumes you have beaten the game once, there are some spoilers ahead. To get the trophy for everyone dying only the playable characters count (Jacob, Nick, Ryan, Dylan, Max, Kaitlyn, Emma, Abigail, Laura). The Hacketts such as the police officer don’t count, it’s okay if they survive.
We will combine this walkthrough with setting up the other ending-related trophies for only Kaitlyn surviving & only Ryan surviving. You can do those quickly via Chapter Select afterward. Kaitlyn’s ending will then only require replaying Chapter 10 and Ryan requires only replaying Chapters 9-10 after your “Everyone Died” run. For dialogues pick the opposite of your “Everyone Survived” run. Most dialogue doesn’t matter unless it’s pointed out below. Also see the note about Chapter 1 below which can save you another playthrough for the “Only Kaitlyn Survived” ending.
Trophies Earned from this Playthrough:
- Lovers’ Quarrel (Nick killed Abi)
- Hackett’s Quarry Massacre (Killed everyone)
Recommended “Kill Everyone” Playthrough:
- Optional – Chapter 1 (*preparation for Trophy: The Final Girl – important to not require another full playthrough): When Abigail and Emma are at the cabins talking about whether to leave their bags or to break in, choose the RIGHT option “BREAK IN”. Then as Abi check the left side of the cabin for a plush teddy that makes noise, choose to “KEEP” it. This is mandatory to set up another ending-related trophy “The Final Girl” to get it quickly via chapter select after our “Kill Everyone” playthrough. If you were to miss this you’d have to do another full playthrough – the plush teddy can be used in Chapter 10 to trap the monster in the freezer and save Kaitlyn as the sole survivor for another trophy “The Final Girl”. If you followed the Everyone Survived Walkthrough for your first run you should already have gotten the toy and can skip this and start replaying from Chapter 4. You can check under Paths > Down the Rabbit Hole > 3rd image “Abi put the forgotten Toy in her bag”.
- Optional – Chapter 3 (*preparation for Trophy: Blood Pact for infecting everyone): After Abi and Nick get attacked by a monster in the woods, HELP NICK > QTE: > RUN > Smash / > DON’T “Climb Tree” (DON’T press / – let timer run out) > Abi will hide behind rocks instead > FAIL THE HOLD BREATH EVENT (results in Abi being bitten and infected). This isn’t mandatory to get her killed but it can save you from replaying more chapters later for getting everyone infected.
- Chapter 4 (Jacob Death): Shortly after the start of Chapter 4 you will play as Ryan and are back at the campfire with the others. There will be some noise coming from the bushes and Ryan can aim and shoot the gun. Here you must shoot the gun twice at the bushes, Ryan thinks it’s a monster in the bushes but it’s really Jacob who gets shot and killed. Pick this: SHOOT GUN > INSISTENT > SHOOT GUN. Your next choice doesn’t matter, after a brief scene you will see Jacob dead in the bushes.
- Chapter 4 (Emma Death): While playing as Emma you will automatically enter a tree house (doesn’t matter if you take the staircase or follow the ground path, you end up in the tree house either way). For the first choice in the tree house pick “OPEN TRAPDOOR” which results in a monster dropping through the trapdoor onto Emma and rips her to pieces.
- Optional – Chapter 5 (*preparation for Trophy: The Final Girl): after Kaitlyn encounters the big hunter guy in the lodge you will see Abi & Nick talking again. Choose: CONFIDENT > INTRIGUED > HIDE > Hold Breath successfully > results in Abi leaving her bag behind in the kitchen, with the teddy toy in it that she picked up in the locked Chapter 1 cabin (can check under Paths > Down the Rabbit Hole > 3rd image “Abi put the forgotten Toy in her bag”). You need this to be left behind in the kitchen so that Kaitlyn can use it to distract the monster in Chapter 10 for the other ending-related trophy “The Final Girl”.
- Chapter 5 (Preparation for Dylan Death): if you followed the advice from Chapter 1 and broke into the cabins as Abi to take the plush toy, then in Chapter 5 Dylan automatically gets bitten by the monster in the radio hut. Here you have to cut off Dylan’s hand with the chainsaw (after he gets bitten: “DESPERATE” > “CHAINSAW”). If he gets infected and you don’t cut it off this will change some things later. So to stay in line with this walkthrough, cut off his hand with chainsaw, we’ll kill him in Chapter 9. If you don’t cut off his hand the infection will spread and you won’t be able to kill him in Chapter 9.
- Chapter 6 (Abigail Death): In the pool house where you play as Abigail, after talking to Nick he will get angry and throws Abi against the wall (dialogue choices don’t matter). She will then aim the shotgun at him. Do NOT shoot at Nick (don’t press button). He will then turn into a monster and tears Abigail’s head off.
- Chapter 7 (Preparation for Laura & Ryan Deaths): When Laura can free-roam in the police station, go back to bed immediately and go to sleep (DON’T pick up the syringe from upstairs locker). The next day she will fake being in pain to lure Travis into her cell. Here you have to SHOOT TRAVIS in the prison cell with his pistol. To do this: Press (grab gun from Travis’ holster) > (evade Travis trying to grab back gun) > DEMANDING > SHOOT TRAVIS. You will then leave him bleeding in his cell (he doesn’t die, he’ll survive the bullet and when leaving the prison you’ll get a popup on the right saying “Travis will kill you”). This makes it so he kills Laura and Ryan at the end of Chapter 9. To be clear, neither Travis, Laura nor Ryan actually die right here in Chapter 7. This is only to set up their deaths as a consequence later in Chapter 9. Alternatively, you can also shoot Travis by failing the 2 QTE inputs after taking his gun, then he gets automatically shot in the struggle.
- Chapter 8 (Nick Death): As Laura & Ryan you will come to a red light tunnel where you find a monster in a cage and you’ll hear the cop arguing with an old woman upstairs. Laura will aim her gun at the monster in the cage, DON’T stop her (during the interrupt event press nothing). Then Laura shoots the monster. It turns out this monster was actually Nick who turned into a monster earlier in Chapter 6. This takes care of Nick.
- Chapter 9 (Dylan Death): At the scrapyard while operating the crane as Dylan, pick the following choices: WARN KAITLYN > > SOUND HORN > Fail QTE (don’t press buttons while holding the torch). This results in the monster attacking Dylan, breaking through the windshield of the crane and shredding Dylan to pieces. Failing the QTE is important here so that Dylan doesn’t fend off the monster with the torch. If Dylan became infected in Chapter 5 but you didn’t cut off his arm, then as a result his infection would have spread and the monster may not kill him now.
- Chapter 9 (Ryan Death): After Laura & Ryan find a monster in the attic they will fall through the floor. The monster then attacks Ryan and he grabs the shotgun. SHOOT the monster – this is mandatory to lift Max’s curse so you can play as him and trigger his death in Chapter 10. After Ryan shoots the monster, Travis will stab Laura (result of Laura shooting Travis in Chapter 7 prison cell with pistol). When Travis attacks Ryan, pick “AGGRESSIVE” > Fail QTE > Travis shoots Ryan in the face with shotgun, killing him.
- Chapter 9 (Laura Death): Laura’s Death happens in the same scene as Ryan’s. If Laura shot Travis in the Chapter 7 prison cell, then Travis will stab her to death immediately after Ryan shoots the monster (the monster was Chris).
- Chapter 10 (Max Death): If you followed the above steps as suggested, then Ryan shot Monster Chris at the end of Chapter 9. This will have lifted Max’s curse and you start Chapter 10 playing him. As Max walk to the end of the island, during the cutscene at the docks pick “SWIM TO SHORE”. Immediately in the next cutscene when Max arrives at the shore a monster will attack and kills him with a bite to the neck.
- Chapter 10 (Kaitlyn Death): When the monster attacks in the lodge, during the first choice pick “WAIT” (don’t run), then DON’T shoot the monster. This results in the monster smashing Kaitlyn on the floor until she dies from blunt trauma, then it eats her body.
- That’s all deaths and the game should end after Kaitlyn died. The Hacketts don’t need to be dead for the Hackett’s Quarry Massacre trophy (killed everyone), they don’t count.
- If Travis didn’t kill Laura in Chapter 9 they will work together to hunt down Silas. Then in Chapter 10 as Laura don’t shoot at Silas during the final scene and he’ll kill Laura.
- After this playthrough you can use Chapter Select to start replaying at Chapter 10 to do the trophy “The Final Girl” for only Kaitlyn surviving. If you picked up the plush teddy as Abi in the locked cabin in Chapter 1, then Kaitlyn can use it to lure the monster into the kitchen freezer to survive the encounter (Choose RUN > BEAM > Smash / > RUN > HIDE > enters kitchen > throw the teddy into the freezer to trap Monster Caleb in it).
- To get the trophy “Last Man Standing” for only Ryan surviving use Chapter Select once again after Kaitlyn’s ending to replay Chapter 9-10. Don’t pull the knife from Ryan’s Torso > when Bobby chases Ryan be sure to smash / to block the door with the cabinet (otherwise he pulls the knife from Ryan) > after Ryan gets inevitably caught by Bobby you must STAB him (makes it so he dies at end of Chapter 9 from Monster Chris, Bobby must die then or else he will kill Ryan) > At end of Chapter 9 Ryan must shoot Monster Chris > Travis kills Laura with the shard (if she shot him with pistol in Chapter 7 prison) > Ryan must shoot Travis (otherwise he kills Ryan). Then in Chapter 10 kill Max and Kaitlyn like before and Ryan will be the sole survivor.
Here’s the ending you should get:
More Guides and Tips:
- The Quarry – Trophy Guide & Roadmap
- The Quarry – Walkthrough (Best Ending – Everyone Survives)
- The Quarry – Worst Ending Guide (How to Kill Everyone)
- The Quarry – Collectible Guide (Clues, Evidence, Tarot Cards)
- The Quarry – How to Unlock All Paths
- The Quarry – How to Unlock Chapter Select
- The Quarry – Game Length: How Long is a Playthrough