PowerPyx is a site for game completionists and trophy/achievement hunters. Therefore, reviews are written and scored with all tasks in mind that the game has to offer.
Sometimes, a developer/publisher may provide a free game copy before release so that it can be reviewed in time for embargo. This is a common practice as it helps the game gain more publicity, the reviewers get to play it early, and you guys get detailed reviews and guides on release day. It’s a win-win for everybody!
If a copy is given for free, this will be pointed out at the end of the review. Regardless of whether a copy is provided or not, it will never influence the score. Consumers deserve an honest opinion and so do developers – only then the games will improve and we can build a better future for gaming.
The platform on which the game is being played will be pointed out in the review. Multi-platform games are reviewed on PS4 Pro. Exclusives are reviewed on their respective platform.
All reviews will be assigned a score from 0-10 (10 being the best). Decimal points in 0.1 increments are also possible (such as 8.7 being a good “8” but not quite a “9”).
- 10 – Platinum (Perfect): This score is reserved for only the best games of a console generation. These are must-buy masterpieces every gamer should play.
- 9 – Gold (Awesome): An awesome game that has a lot to offer and is well worth full price, this belongs in your collection.
- 8 – Silver (Good): A solid game you should check out. Purchase is recommended.
- 7 – Bronze (Okay): Fun for a while, best wait for a price drop if you’re not convinced.
- 6 – Acceptable: A little rough around the edges. If you are a fan of the franchise you might enjoy it, otherwise you might not. Still worth it for a quick platinum trophy.
- 5 – Mediocre: Mediocre and unpolished.
- 4 – Poor: The negative outweighs the positive, has too many issues to be fun at all times.
- 3 – Bad: A broken game with severe issues. The only way to justify a purchase is for some quick & easy trophies.
- 2 – Very Bad: No fun to play whatsoever.
- 1 – Horrendous: A tutorial on how not to make a game.
- 0 – Dumpster Fire: Unplayable garbage. One of the worst games of all time.
All review scores are final.