Resident Evil 2 Remake contains lots of Puzzles. This Guide shows All Puzzle Solutions to help you solve them quickly. It’s worth noting that some of them change on the 2nd playthrough (the B-Story of each character). The secondary solutions are also pointed out here. All of these puzzles are mandatory parts of the story. We’ll start with a handy short-form overview of every Puzzle in the game. This you can use on your speedruns when you’re already familiar with the game. Further below we’ll go through each Puzzle Solution in more detail with the location and required key items. You may also like our full Resident Evil 2 Remake Walkthrough if you are unsure where ot go in between Puzzles.
Quick Puzzle Overview:
- Lion Statue: Lion, Twig, Eagle / Crown, Flame, Flying Bird (B Scenario)
- Unicorn Statue: Fish, Scorpion, Aquarius / Twins, Scale, Worm (B Scenario)
- Maiden Statue: Woman, Bow, Snake / Ram, Harp, Bird (B Scenario)
- Chess Plug Puzzle (A-Scenario): Right Wall = Pawn, Queen, King & Left Wall = Bishop, Rook, Knight
- Chess Plug Puzzle (B-Scenario): Right Wall = Pawn, Rook, Knight & Left Wall = Queen, Bishop, King
- Lab Greenhouse Control Terminal Codes: 3123 & 2067 / 2048 & 5831 (B Scenario)
- Dispersal Cartridge Lab Mixture Puzzle (A-Scenario): Red, Green, Blue, Red, Green, Blue, Red, Green
- Dispersal Cartridge Lab Mixture Puzzle (B-Scenario): Blue, Red, Green, Red, Blue, Red, Blue, Green, Blue, Red, Green
- Sherry’s Room Puzzle: Randomized starting position but final one must be Front = Circle, Square, Star, Square, Star / Top Side: Square, Triangle, Circle, Star, Triangle
The below video contains all the solutions listed here.
Lion Statue Puzzle
The Lion Statue Puzzle is available from the start and located in the Main Hall of the Police Station. You’re going to have to find 3 Statues and get their medallions so that you can use them on the Goddess Statue in the Main Hall.
- Location: Police Station 1F, Main Hall
- Solution: Lion, Twig, Eagle / Crown, Flame, Flying Bird (B Scenario)
Unicorn Statue Puzzle
To reach the Unicorn Statue you must first get the blue key from the third floor, then go through the West Storage Room to enter the Library.
- Location: Police Station 2F, Lounge
- Solution: Fish, Scorpion, Aquarius / Twins, Scale, Worm (B Scenario)
Maiden Statue Puzzle
For the Maiden Statue you must first get the Electronic Gadget from the Operations Room and the Battery from S.T.A.R.S. Office. Combine them to make a Detonator. Then use the Detonator on the explosive barricade in the West Storage Room on the third floor. Behind the barricade is the Maiden Statue.
- Location: Police Station 3F, West Storage Room
- Solution: Woman, Bow, Snake / Ram, Harp, Bird (B Scenario)
This isn’t really a puzzle, but in case you’re wondering what to do with those 3 medallions you just got, insert them in the Goddess Statue in the Main Hall. Then the entrance to the underground section of the Police Station unlocks.
- Location: Police Station 1F, Main Hall
- Solution: Insert the 3 Medallions you got from above 3 Statues
Prison Switchboard Puzzle (Leon Only)
If you’re playing as Leon, in the Underground Garage / Prison area, you must use a switchboard to turn on the power. At the top of the switchboard you see two meters with red lines on them. The arrow has to be in the red to have the right amount of power. Just flip switch #3 & #4.
- Location: Police Station B1, Generator Room
- Solution: Flip the third and fourth switch.
Electronic Door Panel (Leon)
Now depending on whether you play Leon or Claire you will get a sligthly different Door Panel Puzzle after having found the two Electronic Parts. Leon’s happens to be in the Jail area which is inaccessible with Claire.
- Location: Police Station B1, Jail
- Solution: See image below
Electronic Door Panel (Claire)
If you play Claire, you get to do the Door Panel Puzzle in the Private Collection Room, after having found the two Electronic Parts.
- Location: Police Station 2F, Private Collection Room
- Solution: See image below
Sherry Puzzle (Claire Only)
In case you’re playing as Claire you will get a Sequence with Sherry. First, you must get the teddy in her room and examine it to find a block on its back. Then use that block in Sherry’s bedroom. The finished image has to look like below. The starting positions of the blocks are actually randomized every time but the final arrangement will be the same for everyone.
- Location: Sherry’s Sequence
- Solution: Replicate the image below.
Queen Plug & King Plug
In the Lower Sewers, after getting through the Bottom Waterway, you’ll come to the Supplies Storage Room. Pick up the Queen Plug and King Plug and use them on the doors. You just have to alternate between using one plug or the other, There’s also a small armory with a weapon here. The important thing is that you make it out with both the Queen & King Plug in your inventory as you need them for the next puzzle.
- Location: Sewers (Lower), Supplies Storage Room
- Solution: Take Queen Plug and put it in door on right side. Go upstairs to get King plug and put it in the door to armory to retrieve weapon. Take out King Plug, take out Queen plug. Put Queen Plug where it originally was. Then put King Plug on the side where you came from. Finally, retrieve Queen Plug and backtrack to King Plug. Take out King Plug and you should be back at the start of the Storage Room. Now backtrack to where you came from (Monitor Room).
Chess Plug Sockets Puzzle
After having retrieved the Queen Plug, King Plug, and Rook Plug you can do this Puzzle. The Queen and King we got from the puzzle above. The Rook we can get by taking the Lift from the Lower Waterway (Lower Sewers) to the Workroom Lift. Outside the Workroom you can see the plug in a wall socket. Retrieve it and backtrack to the Monitor Room. The Bishop, Knight and Pawn are already waiting in the sockets of the Monitor Room.
- Location: Sewers (Middle), Monitor Room
- Solution A-Scenario (1st Run): Right Wall = Pawn, Queen, King & Left Wall = Bishop, Rook, Knight
- Solution B-Scenario (2nd Run): Right Wall = Pawn, Rook, Knight & Left Wall = Queen, Bishop, King
*Right Wall being the one where the Pawn sticker is on a socket and Left Wall being where the Knight sticker is on a socket.
Lab Code Puzzle
In the Greenhouse Control Room you must interact with a Terminal Console and enter a code with blue alien letters. Just imagine it as a keypad with numbers 1-9 and 0 at the bottom, just like numbers on any phone.
- Location: Laboratory, Greenhouse Control Room
- Solution: 3123 & 2067 / 2048 & 5831 (B Scenario)
Dispersal Cartridge Herbicide Synthesis Puzzle
Using the above codes will have unlocked the Drug Synthesis Station. Now you can put the Dispersal Cartridge there and start the Herbicide Synthesis. There are 3 colored buttons on the machine, be sure to follow the instructions below from the starting position. If you already tried around with the tubes the solution won’t work because your tube positions are different from the default. If you haven’t pressed any buttons yet you can copy the below solution. The goal is to fill one cartridge up to the red ring. Each of the 3 cartridges has different maximum fill levels. You can see each cartridge has a different height. Only the medium and large one can hold enough fluid to reach the red ring fillrate. You have to swap the green goo between the tubes to get different fill volumes.
- Location: Laboratory, Drug Testing Lab
- Solution A-Scenario: Red, Green, Blue, Red, Green, Blue, Red, Green
- Solution B-Scenario: Blue, Red, Green, Red, Blue, Red, Blue, Green, Blue, Red, Green
That’s all the Puzzles and their solutions in the Resident Evil 2 Remake for PS4, Xbox One and PC.