Taste of Her Sting is a Side Quest in Assassin’s Creed Origins. This walkthrough shows how to complete the quest.
Recommended Level: 17
Regions: Lake Mareotis, Kanopos Nome, Ka-Khem Nome
Reward: 3750 XP
- Learn more about the mysterious killer (Investigate 4 ritual sites)
- Explore the Ruined Temple
- Find the entrance to the cave
- Explore the cave
- Speak to the Prophet of Serqet
- Kill the Prophet of Serqet
This quest will trigger when Bayek has encountered one of the four sites where it appears some kind of ritual slaughter occurred. Likely the first place you will trigger this quest is the island in the lower part of Lake Mareotis, east of the Temple of Sekhmet in Yamu. On the north side of the island will be a series of stone steps that are covered in blood, with a huge blood pool in the water. Once you enter the investigation area, you will have to find five objects, which will be marked with the Eye of Ra. If you have trouble locating them, using your Animus Pulse will highlight them in yellow instead of white, making them much easier to find.
Approach them to trigger an “investigate” button prompt.
- Wooden sarcophagus lid in the water
- Wooden sarcophagus on the steps
- Golden statue of Sekhmet on the left side of the steps
- At the top of the steps, a blood stained sheet.
- Near the top of the steps, a scroll with a prayer on it.
After this initial location, the locations are typically more out of the way.
- Second Site: Shrine of SarapisAs you approach the Shrine of Sarapis, take note of the narrow crack in the cliff beneath the statue. Squeeze into this small area for the first investigation item, a bloody table where a body was prepared.
- You will also find a scorpion image on the lid of a wooden sarcophagus.
- Examine the body on the ground
- Next, check the base of the statue for another scorpion image
- A short distance away, you’ll find another prayer to Serqet.
- Third Site: Crocodile Lair
- Start your investigation with the boat at the edge of the ruins.
- Next, examine the statue of Sobek leaning against the stones.
- Then climb on top of the nearby rocks and investigate another wooden sarcophagus.
- And right below you on the other side will be another scroll with a prayer to Serqet.
- Fourth Site: Sapi-Nes Ruins
- Examine the tracks leading into and out of the ruins.
- Next examine the sarcophagus that was transported in.
- In the middle of the pool in the ruins, you’ll find a deeper part that you can dive into. Submerge and you’ll find some loot and some remains
- At the edge of the pool, you’ll find yet another scroll with a prayer to Serqet.
Once you have examined all four temples, you will be given a waypoint and instructed to Explore the Ruined Temple.
- As you enter the temple, the first item you’ll notice is sarcophagi marked with the symbol of Serqet
- Look inside the crack in the wall to hear some creepy voices.
Next, you’ll have to use Senu to Find the Entrance to the Cave, which you’ll find just to the southeast of the ruins.
Go to the location, and Explore the Cave, until you’re prompted to Speak to the Prophet of Serqet.
Once you see the Prophet, approach him to trigger a cutscene. Unsurprisingly he isn’t pleased that you’ve intruded on his ceremony, and a combat encounter ensues.
Kill the Prophet of Serqet and confirm the kill to complete the quest.