Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (PS4 Remaster) contains 45 Gems in total (5 Colored Gems and 40 Clear Gems).
They are divided into two types:
Colored Gems (5 total)
Obtained by doing certain actions in the following missions:
- Blue: Tomb Wader – found on the death route (must get there without losing a life)
- Red: Deep Trouble – hit the “!” exclamation point box at the end of the level. This spawns a dynamite box a little earlier in the level (requires backtracking). Now you can touch the dynamite box to blast away the metal boxes blocking the path. This reveals a secret route. Pick up the red gem at the end of this secret route.
- Green: Flaming Passion – found on death route
- Yellow: Hang’em High – on the main path at the end of Level 27: Hang’ Em High. To access the level you must earn 10 relics by doing speedruns (after beating a level once you can pick up a stopwatch at the start. Get a best time to earn a relic). Once you have 10 relics step on the orange dot in the middle of the central warp room (where you select levels). It leads to a secret 6th warp room in the basement. From here you can start level 27. You’ll walk into the gem at the end of this level, it’s practically in your way and hard to miss.
- Purple: High Time – found on death route
Clear Gems (37 total)
One clear gem per level is obtained by destroying all boxes. In several levels you need colored gems, they open up new paths to boxes that are otherwise inaccessible!
Some levels contain more than one clear gem. If it has 2 gems that means there’s one from destroying all boxes + one from a death route or gem route or winning a race. If a mission has only 1 gem it will be from destroying all boxes only.
Death Routes are triggered by special platforms with a skull & bones sign on them. They can only be activated if you haven’t lost a life during the level! Get to the platform without dying and step on it.
Here’s a list of missions that have two clear gems (including the location of their second gem):
- Level 4: Bone Yard (on Red Gem Path)
- Level 9: Tomb Time (on Death Route)
- Level 11: Dino Might! (on Yellow Gem Path)
- Level 16: Sphynxinator (on Blue Gem Path)
- Level 19: Future Frenzy (Go through second level entrance. It’s found in warp room 6, in the basement. Step on orange platform in the central warp room from where you select levels to get to the basement. You must earn 20 relics to unlock this alternate level entrance)
- Level 21: Gone Tomorrow (on Green Gem Path)
- Level 25: Bug Lite (on Multicolored Gem Path, requires all 5 colored gems)
- Level 28: Area 51? (for winning the race)
- Level 30: Rings of Power (for winning the race)
It’s important that you get all the colored gems first. Without them you can’t get some of the boxes. Gems are level rewards rather than collectibles. To see how many boxes you’ve destroyed during an active mission press the Triangle-Button.
|Level Name||Gem Obtained||Requires Gem?||Bonus|
|1 – Toad Village||Clear Gem (Boxes)||Bonus 1 (7 Boxes)|
|2 – Under Pressure||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|3 – Orient Express||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|4 – Bone Yard||2 x Clear Gem (Boxes + Red Gem Path)||Red Gem||Bonus 2 (14 Boxes)|
|5 – Makin’ Waves||Clear Gem (Cartes)|
|6 – Gee Wiz||Clear Gem (Boxes)||Bonus 3 (18 Boxes)|
|7 – Hang’ Em High||*See Level 27 – you can’t get any gems in level 7, must use level 27 alternate entrance||Bonus 4 (20 Boxes)|
|8 – Hog Ride||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|9 – Tomb Time||2 x Clear Gem (Boxes + Death Route)||Purple Gem||Bonus 5 (19 Boxes)|
|10 – Midnight Run||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|11 – Dino Might!||2 x Clear Gem (Boxes + Yellow Gem Path)||Yellow Gem||Bonus 6 (25 Boxes)
Secret Exit 1
|12 – Deep Trouble||Clear Gem (Boxes)
Red Gem (Hit “!” Box at end of level, then backtrack to the dynamite boxes to reveal new path. Follow this path.)
|13 – High Time||Clear Gem (Boxes)
Purple Gem (Death Route)
|Bonus 7 (19 Boxes)|
|14 – Road Crash||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|15 – Double Header||Clear Gem (Boxes)||Bonus 8 (30 Boxes)|
|16 – Sphynxinator||2 x Clear Gem (Boxes + Blue Gem Path)||Blue Gem||Bonus 9 (28 Boxes)|
|17 – Bye Bye Blimps||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|18 – Tell No Tales||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|19 – Future Frenzy||*See Level 29 alternate entrance||Bonus 10 (19 Boxes)|
|20 – Tomb Wader||Clear Gem (Boxes)
Blue Gem (Death Route)
|Bonus 11 (25 Boxes)|
|21 – Gone Tomorrow||2 x Clear Gem (Boxes + Green Gem Path)||Green Gem||Bonus 12 (17 Boxes)|
|22 – Orange Asphalt||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|23 – Flaming Passion||Clear Gem (Boxes)
Green Gem (Death Route)
|Bonus 13 (28 Boxes)|
|24 – Mad Bombers||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|25 – Bug Lite||2 x Clear Gem (Boxes + Multicolored Gem Path)||All 5 Colored Gems||Bonus 14 (40 Boxes)|
|26 – Ski Crazed||Clear Gem (Boxes)|
|27 – Hang’ Em High||Clear Gem (Boxes)
Yellow Gem (End of Level)
|Bonus 4 (20 Boxes)|
|28 – Area 51?||2 x Clear Gem (Boxes + Winning the Race)|
|29 – Future Frenzy||2 x Clear Gem (Boxes + Alternate Entrance)||Bonus 10 (19 Boxes)|
|30 – Rings of Power||2 x Clear Gem (Boxes + Winning the Race)|
|Secret – Eggipus Rex||Clear Gem (Boxes)
*See Eggipus Rex Entrance in Level 11
|Secret – Hot Coco||Clear Gem (Boxes)
*See Hot Coco Entrance in Level 14
After getting all gems and gold / platinum relics you will have 104% game completion. Then the 45th gem spawns in the central warp room (from where you select levels). Pick it up and fight the endboss again to unlock a secret ending and 105% completion.
Those were all the gem locations in the Crash Bandicoot 3 Remaster! Getting 42 of 45 Gems unlocks the trophy “Bringing Down the House”. Getting all 45 gems is needed for the trophy “Accept No Substitutes”.