In Deathloop you need to die in every way for The Spice of Life trophy. There are 10 different types of deaths in total. None of them are missable, you can still do it after the story by repeating loops. You don’t need these to be loop-ending deaths either, it’s okay if you have Reprises left and self-revive afterward. After ending a level it will show a list of your deaths.
In some cases there are multiple ways to achieve one type of death, for example to get blown up you can use your own grenades or step into enemy mines or laser tripwires, but they all count as the same death type. A few of the deaths can only be done in very specific locations and require extra steps for preparation. This guide will walk you through getting all of the deaths quickly. It’s recommended to attempt this after the story, then you’ll have better map knowledge and just need to go for the ones you didn’t get through normal gameplay.
- Drown: Jump into deep water (e.g. Karl’s Bay, edge of the map).
- Fall: Fall from any height high enough to deal damage and die.
- Choke on Poison Gas: Karl’s Bay, in Hangar 2 where Harriet holds her speech, there’s poison gas in that room (Harriet will also fill the room with poison if she detects you).
- Succumb to Fatal Depressurization: The Complex – Afternoon, in Wenjie’s Lab. Get spotted by a camera in the circular room to activate depressurization. Alternatively you can switch it to manual activation with the switch in the back room (requires a code found in the rightmost room of Wenjie’s Lab), and then activate the depressurization with a switch in the hallway leading to the circular room.
- Get Blown Up: Die to land mines or trip mines, or simply kill yourself with a grenade.
- Shot: Simply let any enemies with firearms shoot you to death, found on every map.
- Stabbed: Simply let any enemies with machetes hack you to death, found on every map.
- Ground Up: Updaam – Evening, in Dorsey Manor. Fall into the meat grinder in the auditorium of Aleksis’s party. To the left of the stage where guests go to tell jokes (microphone), there’s a button behind a sign. Press the button to open the floor that reveals the meat grinder. The party guests use it to drop people into the meat grinder when they didn’t like their jokes, but with the button you can activate it manually.
- Fried by a Rocket: Updaam – Noon, in Condition Detachment. Go up the first set of stairs and listen to the two eternalists talking to unlock a discovery which gives 2-BIT a new command. 2-BIT is the robot that’s in control of Charlie’s place, he’s on the central floor (after going up two flights of stairs from the ground floor). You need to use your hacking device on the small antennas above the doors to enter the room he’s in. When first talking to him, he will tell you there’s not enough power to launch the rocket. To fix the power issue, you must place 5 batteries in the body of the rocket, same floor that 2-Bit is on (there’ll be 2 batteries in it already, so you only need to find another 3 batteries). There are plenty batteries throughout the building (2 on bottom floor sitting on the ground in front of wall panels that look like moving tentacles, another 2 on the floor where you overheard the enemies on the ground at moving tentacle wall panels, 1 on same floor as 2-Bit in a side room, 1 charged battery on top floor in room with Minicom Computer that has readable emails). After 5 charged batteries are inserted, the rocket panels should turn all green. Also note that there’s a battery charger on the bottom floor if you need it, but except for some batteries on the top floor the rest should already be fully charged. Be sure not to throw them because they would explode (if you need to put them down hold to do so safely). After the power is restored, head into 2-BIT’s room and command him to launch the rocket. Quickly head to the top floor to get killed by the rocket’s ignition. If you can’t issue any commands to 2-BIT (or if 2-BIT says all options are exhausted), complete “What Wenjies Want” Visionary lead (story-related) and talk to 2-BIT afterward to become a 2-BIT power user, which makes it so 2-BIT will always process all of your commands.
- Obliterated by a Reactor: Fristad Rock – Noon, in the bunker. Alert Fia and she will activate the reactor’s self-destruct, simply stay in the bunker until it explodes. A % gauge on the reactor (going up to 100%) will show how close it is to exploding. Alternatively, you can cut the wrong wire on the reactor panel to activate it.
More Deathloop Guides:
- Deathloop Walkthrough
- Deathloop Trophy Guide & Roadmap
- Deathloop How to Solve ‘Search the Fristad Shore’ (Photograph Location)
- Deathloop All Door Codes & Lock Combinations
- Deathloop All Mostly Naked Character Locations
- Deathloop All Pictogram Locations