2.1. Stab-Rite – Case: A Marriage Made In Heaven
2.2. Round Heels – Case: The Lipstick Murder
2.3. The Moose – Case: The Set Up
2.4. The Fighting Sixth – Case: Manifest Destiny
2.5. Huckster – Case: A Walk in Elysian Fields
3.1. Not So Hasty – Stop a fleeing suspect with a warning shot as an LAPD Detective.
3.2. Traffic Stop – Disable a suspect vehicle with help from your partner.
3.3. The Plot Thickens – Find and solve an inspection puzzle.
3.4. Asphalt Jungle – Tackle a fleeing suspect on foot as an LAPD Detective.
3.5. Keep A Lid On – Complete a brawl without losing your hat
3.6. Lead Foot – Keep the needle above 80mph for more than ten seconds
1. Check Showroom to find out missing vehicles (Main Menu > Extras)
2. Head over to timeline in video description, click the linked playtime.
3. Watch and find out what the vehicle looks like
4. Head over to a written Vehicle Locations Guide and find out the Location
5. Go there and get the vehicle
Below are all Vehicle Locations:
1. Buick Business Coupe (Westlake) – parking lot east of the bloody door in Upon Reflection
2. Buick Coupe (Downtown, Central) – parking lot next to Eagleson’s Gun Store in Buyer Beware
3. Buick Eight Convertible (Wilshire) – to the right of the Central Gun Shop in Upon Reflection
4. Buick Eight Coupe (Downtown, Central) – in the same parking lot as the “Nightmare Alley” film reel
5. Buick 2-Dr Sedanette (Wilshire) – by an apartment just to the southeast of the Sawyer House Fire in The Gas Man
6. Chevrolet Fleetmaster 2-Dr (Downtown, Central) – parking lot across the street from Cavanagh’s Bar in The Driver’s Seat
7. Chevrolet Styleline (Downtown, Central) – across the street from Central Police Station in A Marriage Made in Heaven
8. Chrysler Town and Country (Downtown, Hollywood) – parking lot of Kelso’s apartment in A Polite Invitation
9. Cord Hardtop (Hollywood) – easily found driving around
10. Buick Custom (Hollywood) – in the parking lot as you’re leaving the boxing stadium during The Set Up
11. Ford Convertible (Hollywood) – behind the Numbers Operation building in The Black Caesar
12. Ford Custom (Central) – pulls up in front of you as Richard Bates gets in the truck to leave Baron’s Bar during The White Shoe Slaying
13. Packard Custom (Wilshire) – InstaHeat Factory lot during The Gas Man
14. Desoto 2-Dr Custom (Westlake) – beside The Bamba Club during The Red Lipstick Murder
15. Ford 2-Dr (Westlake) – behind The Bamba Club during The Red Lipstick Murder
16. Ford Business Coupe (Westlake) – parking lot across from Central Police Station during The Red Lipstick Murder
17. Ford Tudor Convertible (Wilshire) – Hall of Records lot during A Polite Invitation
18. Ford V8 Sedan (Downtown, Central) – used as a chase vehicle in The Badger Game
19. LaSalle V8 Sedan (Westlake) – parking lot on the north side of the road, at the east end of the tunnel by Union Station
20. Lincoln Continental Coupe (Wilshire) – outside the bookmaker’s office in The Set Up
21. Nash Super 600 (Downtown, Central) – easily found driving around
22. Packard Clipper Eight (Downtown, Central) – driven and crashed in front of Haskell’s Men’s Wear by the suspects in Manifest Destiny
23. Packard Clipper Six (Wilshire) – beside Eagleson’s Gun Store during Buyer Beware
24. Pontiac Torpedo Six (Westlake, Hollywood) – behind the Maldonado Residence in The Silk Stocking Murder
25. Studebaker Commander (Westlake) – near the mini golf course where you find the film reel “In a Lonely Place”
1. Cadillac LaSalle Series 50 (Westlake, Downtown) – across from Central Police Station during The Driver’s Seat
2. Cadillac Series 61 Touring Sedan (Wilshire) – behind the building you use to sneak up on the sniper in Manifest Destiny
3. Cadillac Series 61 (Westlake) – same parking lot as the “Nightmare Alley” film reel
4. Cadillac Series 75 Limousine (Hollywood) – across from the Black Caesar Food Hut during The Black Caesar
5. Chevrolet Sedan (Downtown) – Belmont High School parking lot during The Golden Butterfly
6. Plymouth P5 (Downtown) – parking lot at the beginning of A Different Kind of War
7. Chrysler Airflow (Downtown, Central) – in front of the Moller Residence as you walk over to talk to the neighbor in The Golden Butterfly
8. Desoto Custom Suburban (Downtown, Central) – across from Central Police Station during The Red Lipstick Murder
9. Hudson Super Six (Downtown, Central) – Scott’s Garage lot (4th and Los Angeles St.)
10. International D Series Sedan (Downtown) – lot to the east of the bloody door in Upon Reflection
11. Frazer Manhattan (Downtown, Central) – lot at 4th and Hill St.
12. Lincoln Zephyr Touring (Westlake) – same lot at 4th and Hill
13. Oldsmobile Hydramatic 88 (Downtown, Central) – beside Just Picked Fruit Market during The Silk Stocking Murder
14. Oldsmobile Sedan (Hollywood) – parked at the curb at the Steffens house fire in The Gas Man
15. Packard Clipper Eight (Downtown, Central) – Dewey Brothers Dealership
16. Plymouth Sedan (Downtown) – behind Maldonado Residence during The Silk Stocking Murder
17. Plymouth Special Deluxe Six (Wilshire) – east of the bloody door in Upon Reflection (busy lot, that one)
18. Pontiac Sedan Six (Downtown, Central) – you’ll see this one on the streets all over downtown – very easy to find
19. Willys Overland (Downtown, Central) – also very common to find driving around downtown
1. Cadillac V16 Convertible (Hollywood) – across from Central Police Station during The Driver’s Seat
2. Chevrolet Fleetmaster Convertible (Hollywood) – very common driving around Hollywood
3. Mercury Custom (Downtown) – behind Maldonado Residence during The Silk Stocking Murder
4. Ford Deluxe Convertible (Westlake) – beside Ray’s Cafe in A Marriage Made in Heaven
5. Lincoln Continental Convertible (Hollywood) – in a lot north of the worksite where you find the “Sweet Smell of Success” film reel
6. Lincoln Model K Convertible Roadster (Wilshire) – behind The Bamba Club during The Red Lipstick Murder
7. Nash La Fayette Convertible (Hollywood) – across from the Black Caesar Food Hut in The Black Caesar
8. Oldsmobile S98 Convertible (Wilshire) – very common driving around Wilshire
1. International KB8 (Downtown) – lot at Hawthorn and La Brea in Hollywood
2. Chevrolet Pickup (Westlake) – next to Schroeder’s apartment during Upon Reflection
3. Chevrolet Van (Westlake) – that lot to the east of the bloody door again (during Upon Reflection)
4. Chevrolet Civilian Van (Downtown, Central) beside Eagleson’s Gun Store in Buyer Beware
5. Chevrolet Pickup 2 (Downtown, Central) – fenced lot across from Cavanagh’s Bar in The Driver’s Seat
6. GMC Pickup (Downtown, Central) – across from Central Police Station during The Driver’s Seat
7. Nash Deluxe 600 Army (Hollywood) – Hughes Airplane Co. on Van Ness Avenue
8. American La France Fire Truck (Wilshire) – at the fire station next to the Vice Precinct at the start of Manifest Destiny
9. Buick Ambulance (Central) – in the parking lot of the Good Samaritan Hospital on 6th Ave.
10. Chevrolet Tow Truck (Wilshire) – around the Demolished Elysian Fields house during House of Sticks
11. Desoto Custom Suburban Taxi (Downtown, Central) – extremely common driving around downtown
12. Dodge Fuel Truck (Wilshire) – intersection of 3rd, 4th and Alameda
13. Ford Ambulance (Central) – frequently parked at the coroner’s office, which you first visit during A Marriage Made in Heaven
14. International Metro KB1M (Wilshire) – on the streets near the garage containing the Chrysler Woody (see hidden vehicles below)
15. International KB5 (Hollywood) – behind the building used to sneak up on the sniper during Manifest Destiny
16. International D Series (Central) – lot east of the bloody door in Upon Reflection
17. Heil Colecto-Pak (Central) – in the alley you chase Leroy Sabo through in A Marriage Made in Heaven
18. International KB8 (Downtown) – commonly found driving around the east side of downtown
19. International KB6 (Downtown) – behind a fence across from Schroeder’s Apartment in Upon Reflection
Note that this list is not in the order these cars appear in the game, but it is in the best order to go back and get them after you have unlocked them all (any time after you have reached level 15). It also follows the map below, so the directions assume you have already made your way to the marker on the map.
1. Cord 810 Softtop – There is a two story building close to your location on Mateo Street. Behind it is a ramp leading down to a basement level, and the car is in a garage accessed through a door at the bottom of this ramp.
2. Stout Scarab – This car is in a garage with a tin roof behind a tall, gray building – it’s the tallest building in this area, so it should be easy to spot.
3. Phantom Corsair – There is an Alaco station on the corner here, and the car is inside the station.
4. Talbot GS26 – Another corner, another Alaco station, another hidden car inside.
5. Delage D8 120 – Find Meisner’s Hardware Store and make your way to the alley behind it, and you’ll find this one hidden in a garage there.
6. Chrysler Woody – Head west down an alley just south of the intersection of 7th and Vermont, and then turn left down another alley – the garage is at the end of that one.
7. Cisitalia Coupe – You guessed it – another Alaco station.
8. Delage D8 120 S Poutout Aero-Co – You’ll see a large gray and white mansion here, and the car is hidden in a small, similarly-colored building next to it.
9. Ford H Boy – Yep – it’s inside an Alaco station.
10. Tucker Torpedo – Start at the corner of Western Ave. and Oakwood Ave., and head north until you come to a break in the buildings on the right side of the road. Head right through that break, along the wall until you reach the end of it and then go right again. Head straight until you are blocked and then take another right, and you should see the garage.
11. Davis Deluxe – In a small gray residential garage with a wooden fence and a bunch of trees around it.
12. Cadillac Town Car – Apparently, before the big oil executives got into gouging consumers with gas prices, they liked to hoard rare cars in hidden garages, because there’s another one here inside an Alaco station.
13. Duesenberg Walker Coupe – When you get to this spot, you’ll see the Auto Club of Southern California, which is a large building with an orange roof – this car (which also happens to be the fastest car in the game) is in a garage behind it.
14. Delahaye 135MS Cabriolet – Across from a shopping area is a house with a sloped driveway lined with trees. Inside the garage of the house, you’ll find your next car.
15. Voisin C7 – You should have already unlocked this car in the street crime case Paper Sack Holdup, but if you haven’t, it’s the last of the cars found inside an Alaco station.
1. Buick Super – Regular car for traffic desk
2. Cadillac Series 62 Convertible – Regular car for vice desk
3. Chevrolet Fleetmaster 2-Dr – Jack Kelso’s car during arson cases.
4. Chevrolet Coroner’s Van – Near Crime Scenes or the Coroner’s office
5. Ford Police Special – Your first car, used during patrol cases
6. Hudson Commodore – Regular car during arson cases
7. International Police Wagon – blocking the road off during the street crime case Bank Job
8. Nash Super 600 – regular car during homicide cases
9. Studebaker Commander – parked at several crime scenes
There is a total of 13 Newspapers.
After finding them you can watch a short cutscene that will tell you some extra facts about the actions, going on in the background of the story. Beside all of that, you will need them to reach 100% progress.
Most Newspapers can easily be spotted, but some are easy to miss. They can only be obtained during the shown cases. If you missed one, you can go back to the main menu and replay it in the case section.
A detailed Timeline can be found in the Video Description on Youtube.
At Ray’s Cafe, find the bloodstained knife on your first sweep of the crime scene.
Story-Related and only possible during ‘A Marriage Made in Heaven’.
In the very beginning of the case, you will have to investigate the shown location. Go straight to the shown trash can and pick up the knife.
The Trophy / Achievement will not pop immediately! Keep playing through the case as usual until you have to talk with the coroner.
At The Bamba Club, get Dick McColl to give up the license plate of Celine Henry’s male companion.
This is story-related and can only be done in the case ‘The Lipstick Murder’. After the initial crime scene investigation you will enter the Bamba Club and have a talk with Dick McColl. It’s important to choose ‘Suspect Seen With Victim’ as the very first question in this dialogue. Believe him and choose truth when answering. He will give you a sheet of paper with the license number and the trophy / achievement will pop.
Follow Candy Edwards without using cover or incognito, except when starting or picking up the tail.
This is story-related and only possible during the case ‘The Set Up’. You can’t miss the shown event, but the trophy or achievement can easily be forgotten.
Just like the description says: You are not allowed to press the cover-button and you shall not go incognito. There will be many opportunities to go incognito. Just ignore them and keep walking. Hide behind Walls, Cars, Trees and miscellaneous objects. Do always keep a huge distance between you and your target. This is relatively easy and you will be standing around more than walking.
The Fighting Sixth
At the Bus Shooting, talk Felix Alvarro into giving up the Marines involved in the Coolridge heist.
Story-Related and only possible during Manifest Destiny. The Dialogue can not be missed.
Question: Informed of Coolridge Heist
Question: Motive for Shooting
Answer: Lie – Sniper’s Pocketbook
At Elysian Fields, outwit Leland Monroe when discussing his developments or advertising campaign.
Story-related and only possible in the case ‘A Walk in Elysian Fields’.
When talking to Leland Monroe choose the following questions and answers.
Question: Elysian Linked to Arsons
Question: Promotional Travel Contest
Answer: Lie – Elysian Fields Flyers
Not So Hasty
Stop a fleeing suspect with a warning shot as an LAPD Detective.
This can easily be done at the end of the ‘A Marriage Made In Heaven’ case, when chasing Leroy Sabo. This case will offer the first opportunity anyway. Keep in mind that you have to be promoted to a Detective before being able to get this one.
You will need a very roomy area that gives you enough time to aim on your target. Once the aiming bar is filled up you will shoot automatically.
At the end of the case, the trophy or achievement will pop.
Disable a suspect vehicle with help from your partner.
You have to make your partner shoot the tires of an enemy’s vehicle. There are plenty chances to get this done. The first real opportunity comes in the case called ‘The Fallen Idol’. After leaving the prop store, a cutscene will start. Instead of getting into a direct gunfight you should just drive away. The enemies will follow you and your partner should take them out pretty easily.
The Plot Thickens
Find and solve an inspection puzzle.
Actually, this one is pretty simple. In the very beginning of ‘The Red Lipstick Murder’ you can find a miniature globe. Just make all of the 4 rings fit together and it will open up.
Chase down and tackle a fleeing suspect on foot as an LAPD Detective.
This can easily be done in the case ‘The Golden Butterfly’. After interviewing Hugo Moller, you will have a talk to his neighbor on the other side of the street. Now the chase begins. Hugo is pretty slow and easy to catch. You should be able to get him within a couple seconds.
This is the first chance to get the trophy / achievement. Remember, that you have to be promoted to the status of an LAPD Detective before doing this.
Keep A Lid On
Complete a brawl without losing your hat as an LAPD Detective or Investigator.
You have to be promoted to the rank of an LAPD Detective before being able to get this one. The cases from the Patrol desks won’t count. Later on, there will be many opportunities during story cases. This has been done during ‘A Silk Stocking Murder’ when entering Maldonado’s Residence. As soon as the brawl starts you should block incoming attacks and perform a combination of powerful counter strikes. Against weak enemies you can also use grapple attacks, which is an effective way to bring them done swiftly.
Keep the needle above 80mph for more than ten seconds while driving.
This requires a very fast car and a long road. Travel to the shown location and jump into this nice hidden car. Drive along the 6th street and try to evade crashes. On PS3 it will take quite some while until the trophy pops.
Out Of The Frying Pan
Pursue Vernon Mapes from the burning house to Hughes Aircraft on your first attempt.
You will have to buy the Nicholson Electroplating DLC in order to play this case!
After escaping the burning building you will have to chase Vernon Mapes. He is taking some crazy turns sometimes. Since you can’t destroy his vehicle anyway you should keep some distance to his vehicle. It will make it easier to see where he is driving. If you are having problems with the traffic just enable your siren.
Kill the drivers of two of the MP vehicles in the Hughes Aircraft gun battle before they pull up. You will have to buy the Nicholson Electroplating DLC in order to play this case! You will need to land some very precise headshots in order to take the drivers out fast enough. If you kill any of the guards the vehicle spawn will change. To take out driver 1 you need to aim slightly left of the barrels. Driver 2 will come from the large street to your left side. Number 3 does also come from the left, but in the fenced-in area. Driver 4 is the hardest one to get. Let the guards kill you if you fail.