Call of Duty Infinite Warfare has 12 Equipment Upgrades scattered across 9 Armory Locations. Finding all unlocks the Fully Equipped Trophy / Achievement.
The following equipment must be upgraded:
- ATAD (V1)
- Hacking Device (V1)
- Retractable Shield (V1)
- Foam Wall (V1)
- Frag Grenade (V2)
- Shock Grenade (V2)
- Seeker-Bot (V2)
- Anti-Gravity Grenade (V2)
Equipment Upgrade Locations:
- Operation Port Armor: Civilian Terminal (In armory, you go here automatically as part of the story)
- Operation Port Armor: Boarding Party (When the 3 minute evacuation timer starts this is marked as a main objective in a room to your right)
- Operation Port Armor: Boarding Party (Shortly after the last location you have to peek open a door and go into a hangar with lots of enemies. Here you must use a switch to open the hangar doors (the switch is an unmissable main objective). Upon using the switch you should get one equipment upgrade. This one gave me a lot of trouble and it only dropped in 2 out of 10 playthroughs. After 3 hours of testing I could not determine any requirement for it to drop, it just seems random or glitched. So if you don’t get it replay the mission a dozen times. If you are one upgrade short it’s likely this one you are missing.
- Ship Assault: Operation Taken Dagger (At the end of mission, in the armory)
- Ship Assault: Operation D-Con (After first room with enemies you go into a burning corridor. Go up the stairs by the ammo refill box on the left of the corridor. Here you find a somewhat hidden armory. Inside is an upgrade console)
- Ship Assault: Operation D-Con (At the end of mission, in the armory)
- Ship Assault: Operation Deep Execute (In the armory that’s marked as your main objective)
- Burn Water: Refinery (Shortly after the start you go through a broken fence and drop down. In front of you are 2 buildings. Check the building on the left. Easy to miss this one.)
- Black Flag: Prisoner Escort (About 3 minutes into the mission you come to the city streets. There are many bright signs and advertisements on the buildings. At the end of the road you must jump up a burning building. On the upper floor is the armory with the upgrade. This is before going through the bike store).
There’s a console in certain armories. Interact with it to unlock new upgrades.
Nothing is missable, you can get everything via mission select after beating the game! Just make sure you reach the next checkpoint to save the progress. After that you can quit out to the main menu and move on to the next location.
You can check your equipment before missions when you customize your loadout. Just load up one of the Retribution missions and during loadout customization check on your equipment (for example “Retribution: Aftermath”). You should see that it says V1 or V2 on equipment items. That’s the upgrade level! Tactical equipment has only 1 upgrade (V1). Lethal equipment has 2 upgrades (V2).
You get 2 upgrades from locations #4, ##7, #9. Everything else gives only one upgrade. It is entirely randomized what upgrade you will get. It’s different for each player, but it’s always guaranteed to give you a new upgrade you haven’t unlocked before.
Pay extra attention on location #3 cause it’s from a main mission objective. This one gave me a lot of trouble. It only dropped in 2 out of 10 playthroughs. After trying for 3 hours I could not determine any requirement for it to drop. It just seems random or glitched. If you are one upgrade short it’s probably #3 you are missing. Just replay the mission a dozen times and it should unlock eventually.
Armories you have previously used will have a red lockdown screen and you cannot interact with them again.