Riders Republic Trophy Roadmap
- Estimated trophy difficulty: 5/10
- Approximate amount of time to platinum: 25 – 50 hours (25 hours minimum due to 50 Mass Races), must also play over two weekly resets to complete 10 Weekly Challenges
- Offline Trophies: 0
- Online Trophies: 35 (1, 4, 15, 15) – Game is online only
- Number of missable trophies: None, trophies can be completed at any time
- Glitched trophies: None currently (see note below Roadmap about trial progress carry over issues)
- Does difficulty affect trophies?: Must play with Manual trick landing setting for some trophies, otherwise no (playing on higher difficulty gives more Career XP and potential for more stars, but isn’t required if you don’t want to)
- Minimum Playthroughs: 50 Mass Races, 100+ Regular Events, lots of map exploration
- PS4/PS5 Autopop & Save Transfer: Saves transfer to any system that the game can be played on, trophies can be triggered by repeating the action again once EXCEPT “…Vidi…” & “Veni…” (need to discover a new landmark, viewing an already discovered one doesn’t count. If you somehow collected all balloons too you couldn’t pop Veni…) and “Not at the bottom of the food chain” (need to actually reach level 2, leveling above 2 doesn’t count, so need to wait for weekly reset).
- Free-Roam / Level Select after Story?: Free roam becomes available after completing the Introduction, events can be replayed at any time
- Release Date: October 28th, 2021
Welcome to the Riders Republic Trophy Guide! Riders Republic is the sequel to Steep, a winter-focused extreme sports game released by Ubisoft in 2016. Riders Republic brings back the snow sports from Steep, along with adding biking sports and a number of new traversal methods to make getting around the mountains quicker and much more fun. Riders Republic changes up the trophy list fairly significantly from how it was set up in Steep, not requiring specific medal placing for events anymore, and focusing more on just getting the player to play through all events, then continuing playing the game how they want to complete more objectives. There is a larger focus on the actual online modes, requiring you to play a large amount of PvP matches, though not specifically requiring you to win so the trophy requirements should largely come with time.
Step 1: Play through each career and the Invitational with Manual Landing, while doing Mass Races and grabbing Collectibles
You can largely play the game how you want after completing the intro as progression is fairly open, but it would be recommended that you work your way through the careers first so that you can unlock better equipment that helps in the other modes. Getting to be able to play the Invitational at 750 total stars and the career Boss events is basically the end goal for solo play and what you’re largely working towards. Set your Landing mode to Manual after the intro, as it helps to learn Manual landing early and work towards the 50 perfect Backflip landings as you play instead of needing to do it at the end. Also, pay attention to when you unlock Contracts and the Shackdaddy challenges, and be sure to work on them when they work with the events you’re doing. Avoid using backtrack when possible, so you can work towards the trophy for 100 event completions.
While playing through career events you want to always accept Mass Races when they start every half hour. You need to complete a total of 50 Mass Races, and since they aren’t available at all times you don’t want to be waiting until everything else is done before you start working on them, because it would potentially mean a lot of waiting around.
You also want to always grab the RR balloon collectibles when you find them. You need to obtain at least 144 of them assuming you grab all Landmarks and Relics for the 200 collectible trophy, and the balloons aren’t marked on the map at all. The only way to find them is to be near them and hear the constant record-scratching noise that they make. They seem to appear near events a lot of the time, so if you grab them while working through the careers you will obtain a large number without really going out of your way.
Step 2: PvP Mode Trophies
After you have completed the solo event-related trophies you should now work through the online modes if you hadn’t already started. You are required to finish 50 Free for All mode events, as well as capture 100 modules and 30 districts in Trick Battle, which will all take a bit of time to work through.
Step 3: Cleanup & Waiting
After you have completed the PvP mode trophies you shouldn’t have very much left trophy-wise aside from potential miscellaneous trophies and the ones that are time-gated. Depending on how many hours and days you took to complete everything else you might still need to complete Contracts and Shackdaddy weeklies, as they are both time-limited on how many you can do. Contracts refresh daily, but you can only swap out each of the 3 contract slots every 2 hours, so you are limited on how many you can do in that time period. Shackdaddy challenges reset weekly and there are only 7 normally available at a time, so you need to play through at least one reset to be able to reach 10 total completed. There are sometimes extra ones added for seasonal rewards, but they aren’t guaranteed at any time so you normally still need to play through a reset to get enough challenges.
Note about Trial Week Save Transfer and Trophy Tracking
Riders Republic offered a 4-hour full game trial the week before launch, with the progress made in the trial continuing into the full game. The way this is set up causes issues with earning trophies though, as the trophies are based on progress actually made in the full game, not based on overall totals. For example, if you collected 10 Landmarks in the trial, in the full game the trophy wouldn’t be awarded at 15 total collected, it would be awarded at 25 because you need to collect 15 in the full game release because that is what the trophy is based on. The same applies for the 250 stars trophy, where it won’t be awarded at 250 total, but when you reach 250 earned on the full game release. If a trophy has become unobtainable or bugged for you, you can reset your game progress by unlinking your Ubisoft Connect account from your PSN Account on the Ubisoft Connect website.
Riders Republic Trophy Guide