Resident Evil 7 is a very quick game to speedrun. My time was 2 hours 30 minutes 50 seconds.
The “Just Get Me Outta Here” trophy requires you to beat the game in 4 hours or less.
Below you can find a video walkthrough of the whole thing (note: this was a first attempt and it can be done even quicker).
- Play on easy difficulty.
- Most importantly, restarting checkpoints (hitting “retry” after death) adds to your time! It won’t reset time on checkpoint restart. A workaround is to create manual save games at cassette recorders. If something goes horribly wrong quit out to the main menu (pause game, press “end”), then click “load game” and choose a manual save.
- You have more than enough time. I had 1,5 hours left and this was my first attempt.
- Pausing the game (pressing Options-Button) stops the timer. So you are allowed to pause and take breaks.
- Run past all enemies. Don’t spend too much time looting items, only pick up the stuff you really need.
- If you get stuck for a long time remember to reload manual save from main menu.
- After the first playthrough you unlock a more powerful pistol. Pick it up from the item box. The more playthroughs you’ve done the more special items you will unlock.
All in all it’s not a difficult game to speedrun. You just have to know what to do and where to go. After doing 1-2 playthroughs you should be able to beat the 4 hour mark easily.
TIMELINE (SPOILERS AHEAD!):
Prologue – 0:05
Mia Boss Fight in Guest House – 21:30
Escape from the Guest House – 22:33
Jack Baker Boss Fight in Garage – 31:28
Jack Baker Boss Fight in Morgue – 41:40
Escape to the Yard – 49:55
Marguerite Boss Fight in Old House – 58:52
Marguerite Boss Fight in Garden – 1:03:00
Uncovered the Secret of the Old House – 1:13:00
Lucas Baker Birthday Puzzle – 1:31:08
Jack Baker Mutated Megaboss – 1:38:00
Reached Old Ship (playing as Mia) – 1:47:25
Repairing Old Ship Elevator with Cable & Fuse – 2:04:09
Escaped Old Ship – 2:16:30
Final Boss Fight – 2:23:43