Mafia 1 Remake: Definitive Edition has 172 Collectible Locations. Finding all Collectibles (except foxes) is needed for The Whole Story trophy or achievement. Finding all Foxes unlocks the Mystery Fox Domination trophy and achievement.
They are split in two categories: some are Story Exclusives, some are found in Free Ride (Free Roam). None of the Collectibles are missable. You can still get everything after the story in Chapter Select and Free Roam. All Collectibles will show up on your minimap when close to them (except Mystery Foxes, those have a white Fox Icon in the game world).
You can keep track of which Collectibles you’ve found via the Collection Menu. Simply click on the desired Collectible Type and press (PS4) / (Xbox One) to sort them in chronological in-game order. The guides linked below include the in-game numbers and names so you can easily reference your missing items. All Collectibles are saved instantly. On chapter replays you can quit to the Main Menu without reaching the next Checkpoint and there’s no need to find them again if you die. Everything carries over into your next playthrough, nothing gets lost when starting a new game.
- 20 Dime Detectives (Pulp Magazines) – Trophy: Lending Library
- 20 Black Masks (Pulp Magazines) – Trophy: Lending Library
- 20 Super Science Stories (Pulp Magazines) – Trophy: Lending Library
- 20 Terror Tales (Pulp Magazines) – Trophy: Lending Library
- 10 Gangsters Monthly Comics – Trophy: Picture Book Connoisseur
- 22 Cigarette Cards – Trophy: Full Set
- 5 Post Cards – Trophy: Car Thief Number One
- 5 Hidden Cars – Trophy: Car Thief Number One
- 50 Mystery Foxes – Trophy: Mystery Fox Domination
Special Types (don’t count as Collectibles towards “The Whole Story” trophy):
Semi-Missable Story Collectibles in Chronological Order
Below you can find a list of all Collectibles that can only be found in the story (unavailable in free roam). It’s recommended you follow this for your first playthrough, then grab the remaining Collectibles in Free Ride (Free Roam). Simply click the links and it will take you right to that Collectible without having to scroll through the pages. If you miss any of them, remember you can still get them via Chapter Select after the story. Some Collectibles can spawn in both Story as well as Free Roam. In those cases I pick them up in Free Roam. So if you run into additional Collectibles, that means it’s supposed to be a Free Roam Collectible (the game has a weird structure like that). The below list is 100% complete for Story-Only Collectibles, anything else is available in Free Roam for collection after Story.
- Chapter 3
- Cigarette Card #2: Paulie Lombardo
- Dime Detective #14: Death Wears Red Heels
- Note: you may already see an extra collectible in the garage at Salieri’s bar. This can be ignored. Those are Free Roam Collectibles, there’s no need to grab them during the story. Any additional Collectibles not listed here are Free Roam Collectibles. For right now we’ll only focus on the Story Exclusive Collectibles that cannot spawn in Free Roam. So don’t worry, nothing is missing.
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 13
- Chapter 14
- Chapter 15
- Chapter 16
- Chapter 17
- Chapter 18
- Chapter 19
- Chapter 20