In Mass Effect Andromeda you can have romances with many characters. This guide shows you how to romance everyone.
First of all, it’s important to note that you can pick a male character (Scott) or female (Sara) at the start of the game. This will determine who you can romance. Some characters that you can romance are bisexual. There’s also a trophy / achievement called “Matchmaker” for completing romances with three different characters.
Below you can find the required dialogue options. They are in chronological story order.
A general piece of advice: when talking to a char that you can romance, listen carefully. Do not upset them. Picking the emotional dialogue choices is usually best. If you think you did something wrong reload the last autosave. Most importatly, you will see a big heart icon during some conversations (). Always pick that one, it lets you flirt with your partner and improves the relationship. All of them are your teammates, found on the Tempest spaceship. Talk to them regularly between missions. Also do their loyalty missions when they become available. Frequently read your emails aboard the Tempest, some of them lead to new romance quests. Please note that committing to an exclusive relationship will lock you out of other romances. An exception is Keri, she can always be romanced regardless of your relationship status.
Scott Ryder (Male Only) Romances
- Back on your spaceship during / after Planet EOS: From where you view the galaxy map, turn around and go to Cora‘s room. During the dialogue with Cora choose “We’ll be good together”.
- Immediately after last conversation you can talk to her again. Choose “Oh? What about now?”.
- On spaceship after establishing first outpost on Planet EOS: Dialogue “You’re a romantic”
- Aboard spaceship after A Trail of Hope main quest: Read Cora’s email and then talk to her to get the quest “Cora Harper: Asari Ark”. Complete this quest.
- On spaceship after “Cora: Harper Asari Ark” and after A Trail of Hope main quest: Dialogue “You and I can handle everything”. This option becomes unavailable when you embark on the Journey to Meridian main quest, so talk to her before then.
- On spaceship after Hunting the Archon main quest and completing Cora’s loyalty mission: “Kiss” Cora
- On spaceship (Hallway and then Ryder’s private quarters), after Journey to Meridian main quest: You must be in an exclusive relationship with Cora. Talk to her on the spaceship and meet her in your private quarters for this romance’s climax.
Lexi T’Perro (Can only flirt with her, no Romance)
- Back on your spaceship during / after Planet EOS: Go down the ladder to the med bay. Here you meet Lexi. During the dialogue choose “You’re full of surprises”. Ryder will try to flirt with her, but she is not interested in romantic relationships with patients and doesn’t want to take things further. As such she cannot be romanced, it’s just a one time flirt. She doesn’t count for the Matchmaker trophy.
Gil Brodie (Likes Men)
- Back on your spaceship during / after Planet EOS: Gil is taking care of the Tempest’s systems. From where you view the galaxy map turn around and head to the far end of the spaceship. There’s a door with a red lock that takes a few seconds to open. This leads to a machine room above the cargo bay. Here you can talk to Gil Brodie. During the dialogue choose “I do more than show up”. If you’re playing a female char he won’t be susceptible to your flirtations.
- Same place as before, after visiting Aya: Dialogue “And now what?”.
- Exhaust all of Gil’s dialogue options and check your emails frequently. You’ll get an email from Gil that starts a side quest “Gil Brodie: A Game of Poker”. Complete this quest.
- Same place as before, after main quest “A Trail of Hope” and after completing his poker side quest: Dialogue “Slow down, big guy”.
- After main quest “Hunting the Archon”: Frequently check your email aboard the Tempest. Wait for an email from Gil. Then meet him in Prodromos (your outpost on planet EOS). Choose to commit to the relationship.
- After comitting to the relationship with Gil, return to the spaceship. Talk to Gil on the Engineering deck and finish the romance in your private quarters.
- After main mission A Trail of Hope: Travel to Planet Aya and check your world map. Avela Kjar should be marked on the map. She can either be at the docks or in the museum (depending on how far into the game you have progressed). Go talk to her and pick dialogue “To Meet People Like You”.
- Accept Avela’s quest “Recovering the Past” and complete it. During the quest you must retrieve a helmet relic from Planet Havarl. When returning to Avela to finish the quest pick dialogue: “I did it for you” > “You got it”.
- Accept her follow-up quest “Forgotten History”. This requires you two retrieve three relics from planets Voeld, Kadara and Elaaden. Each time you give her one of the relics there is a dialogue option to flirt with her “Not everything, thanks to you” and “Hope it helps my chances”. Complete her quest.
- After main mission The Journey to Meridian: Visit her again on planet Aya, Choose to kiss her to finish this romance.
Sara Ryder (Female Only) Romances
- Back on your spaceship during / after Planet EOS: Go down the ladder to the cargo bay. In a side room you find Liam on a couch. During the dialogue choose “Company Like This”.
- On Tempest after visiting Aya and helping Liam with his research: Choose dilogues “You two should sell tickets” and “Explain and make it good”.
- On Tempest After main quest “A Trail of Hope”: Choose to “Kiss” Liam.
- At the end of Liam’s side quest “Day Out on Aya”: Talk to Liam at the Aya Market after the bar scene. Choose dialogue “I enjoyed time with you too”.
- After completing Liam’s loyalty mission and after Planet EOS has been invaded by the Angarans: Dialogue “I’m interested in you”.
- Frequently check your emails aboard the Tempest. Eventually you should get an Email from Liam to meet him on planet EOS. Go there to commit to the relationship.
- After comitting to Liam exclusively, use a research console to unlock the Jet Pack (still on planet EOS). Now you can conclude the romance with Liam.
- On your spaceship after recruiting Jaal as a squad mate: Talk to him at the tech lab and choose dialogue “One more thing.”
- Talk to him again and choose “Interested?”. If this dialogue doesn’t pop up right away leave the Tempest, do a few more missions and take Jaal with you. Can also try to talk to him during planet explorations. Return a little while later and talk to him again on the spaceship to see if the conversation triggers.
- Play Jaal’s loyalty mission “Friend of Foe” (unlocked by talking to him). At the end of that mission there’s a romantic dialogue option.
- After main mission “Hunting the Archon” check your email aboard the Tempest. There should be an email from Jaal. Read it, talk to him and play his loyalty mission “Flesh and Blood”. At the end of this mission Akksul will try to shoot Jaal. When given an action prompt do nothing – don’t shoot Akksul! This is very important! It shows Akksul’s followers how evil he is. Jaal will be pleased with your choice which really gets the romance going.
- After completing all previous steps and doing the main mission “Hunting for Archon” you will receive an email from Jaal. Read this email and you’ll be tasked with visiting Jaal’s mother. Go visit his Mom and be sure to hug her when given the action prompt (important!). As a result you can commit to an exclusive relationship with Jaal (will lock you out of other exclusive relationships).
- Check your emails after main mission “The Journey to Meridian”. There should be another email from Jaal. Go meet up with him on Aya by the waterfall. Confess your love to him and let the romance play out.
Suvi Anwar (Likes Girls)
- Back on your spaceship during / after Planet EOS: To the left of the galaxy map you will find Suvi Anwar. Welcome her to the crew and pick dialogue option “I could show you”. Suvi is the Tempest’s resident science officer. She works closely with the research team on the Nexus, analyzing the data you and SAM collect in the field. She likes girls and won’t respond to the charms of male Ryder.
- On spaceship after establishing the Prodromos outpost: Dialogue “We should chat more on this”.
- Aboard spaceship after main quest “A Trail of Hope”: Dialogue “You’re not alone”.
- On spaceship after main quest “Hunting the Archon”: Commit to relationship here.
- On spaceship after main quest “The Journey to Meridian”: Check your email. You should receive a mail from Suvi if you completed all previous steps. Read her email and meet Suvi at the tech station of the Nexus.
- At Nexus tech station: Meet Suvi for Romance Climax.
Bisexual Romances (Male Scott Ryder & Female Sara Ryder)
For the following romances it doesn’t matter if you’re playing a male or female character.
- On your spaceship after recruiting Peebee as a squad mate: Visit her by the Escape Pods and choose dialogue “You crave excitement, huh?”
- After last conversation talk to her again and choose “Flirting”. If you can’t trigger this dialogue leave the Tempest and keep playing a bit, return later.
- During main quest “A Trail of Hope” you get a new relationship quest called “Peebee: Secret Project”. The first step is to read Peebee’s email aboard the Tempest, followed by retrieving some tech from Voeld.
- After finding the piece of tech in her quest “Peebee: Secret Project”: Talk to her again on spaceship and choose “It’s true.”
- In the next step of “Peebee: Secret Project” you will have to meet Peebee in her apartment on the Nexus space station. During the dialogue in her apartment choose the romantic option “I Care About You”.
- Aboard the Tempest you can flirt with Peebee again.
- After A Trail of Hope main quest and after fully completing “Peebee: Secret Project”: Go talk to her again on spaceship. Either choose “I’d want strings” to commit to an exclusive relationship, or “Heck, yeah” for a one time fling right there in the zero gravity pod.
Vetra Nyx (Bisexual)
- Back on your spaceship during / after Planet EOS: Go down the ladder to the cargo bay. In a side room you find Vetra. During the dialogue choose “You’re Intense, I like it”.
- When the outpost has been established on planet EOS: Talk to her again and choose dialogue “Anyone special in your life?”
- After main quest A Trail of Hope in spaceship armory: Dialogue “You’re too tough for that”.
- Upon finishing main quest Hunting for Archon and completing Vetra’s loyalty mission: Dialogue “I’m here for you both.”
- After last conversation: Dialogue “I’m dreaming of someone”. If it doesn’t pop up leave the Tempest, keep playing a bit and return later.
- At some point you should receive an Email from Vetra (check every time you return to the Tempest). Read it, put her in your active squad and travel to Kadara. Talk to her on Kadara and choose “Kiss” narrative action.
- Back on spaceship after main quest The Journey to Meridian: Talk to Vetra again and choose the action prompt for the romance finale.
Reyes Vidal (Bisexual)
- You meet Reyes Vidal on planet Kadara during main mission “Hunting for Archon” for the first time.
- During “Hunting for Archon” refuse Sloane’s offer and then flirt with Reyes.
- During “Hunting for Archon” interrogate Vehn and meet up with Reyes in the bar to flirt again.
- Play the missions “Murder in Kadara Port” and “Divided Loyalties”. During these missions you’ll meet up with Reyes several times and can flirt with him.
- Return to the bar where you first met him and choose dialogue “You Owe Me”, “Zita was your girlfriend?”, “Is this about cargo or an ex?”
- During mission “Precious Cargo”: You can flirt with him on four different occasions during this mission.
- During mission “Night Out”: There are again 4 flirt opportunities. Always flirt with him throughout the mission to conclude the Reyes Vidal romance.
- After establishing the first outpost on Planet EOS during main mission “A Better Beginning”: Check emails aboard your spaceship. There will be an email from Keri. She’s a reporter and wants to interview you on the Nexus space station.
- Meet Keri on the Nexus as soon as you can travel back there. You will go back to the Nexus space station during the transition between main missions “A Better Beginning” and “A Trail of Hope”. Talk to Keri in the docking area and accept her task “Path of a Hero”. Complete her task. Always pick the romantic heart dialogue option when it presents itself.
- After doing “Path of a Hero” you can come back to Keri between main mission and flirt with her. Talk to her after every main mission, such as “A Better Beginning”, “A Trail of Hope”, “Hunting for Archon”.
- Near the end of the game, after main mission “The Journey to Meridian” you can have a date with Keri and conclude the romance. Keri can be romanced even if you are already in an exclusive relationship.