Resident Evil 3 Remake contains 3 Puzzles (Riddles). This guide shows the solutions how to solve them. The first Puzzle is optional and the last two are story-related. We’ll start with a quick overview that you can refer to for Speedruns and then go over each puzzle in detail for your first playthrough of RE3 Remake.
All Puzzles Overview:
- Clock Tower Commemoration Monument: Find 3 Fancy Boxes, open them to get green, blue, red jewels and insert them in Clocktower Monument
- Subway / Train Station Route Puzzle: RE 01 – FA 02 – RA 03 – SA 02 – FO 01
- Lab Vaccine Puzzle: Mid – High – Low
Clock Tower Commemoration Monument Puzzle
The first puzzle is found in the subway section. It’s a big clock that says “Clock Tower Commemoration” behind it. There are 3 colored dots on the dial (Green, Blue, Red). You must find 3 colored jewels to insert there. These jewels are all found in Fancy Boxes, which you find in the Downtown section immediately following the subway. The first is in the toy store (Green Jewel, requires Lock Pick), the second is in the Supermarkets (Blue Jewel), the third is in the safe room of the Donut Shop (Red Jewel). After picking up the fancy box be sure to examine it from the inventory to get the jewel. The problem is you can’t enter the Toy Store (Padlocked Door) and Supermarket (Chained Door) right away. You must continue with the story until you obtain the Lock Picks, which is unmissable. On the way there you automatically get the Bolt Cutters too. Once you get the Lock Picks, simply backtrack to these shops to open them. Then insert the 3 Jewels in the Clock Monument.
- Location: Redstone Street Station (Safe Room)
- Solution: Play Story until you get Lock Pick, then backtrack to find 3 colored Jewels in Fancy Boxes (Green = inside Toy Store, Blue = inside Supermarket, Red = inside safe room of Donut Shop). Use the 3 Jewels on Clock Tower Commemoration Monument.
Subway / Train Station Route Puzzle
The second Puzzle is located in the Subway Office, after you went through the spider-infested area and were hunted by Nemesis in Downtown. You must reorder some switches to change the subway route. This allows you to adjust the train route from Redstone Street to Fox Park. Click the “Enter” button when done and the subway tracks on the wall will change to green color. When done correctly you receive a call and need to backtrack to the subway station.
- Location: Downtown, Subway Office
- Solution: RE 01 – FA 02 – RA 03 – SA 02 – FO 01
Lab Vaccine Puzzle
The third and last puzzle in RE3 Remake is found in NEST 2 area. To synthesize a Vaccine you must solve a riddle. First, find the Liquid-filled Test Tube (Incubation Lab) & Culture Sample (Lab 1). Combine the two to make the Vaccine Base. Then insert it in the machine in unnamed room, on the world map it’s left of Lab 1 (2nd Floor). There will be 3 panels. From left to right you must change them to this combination: Mid – High – Low. Then the finished Vaccine will be synthesized.
- Location: NEST 2 (Lab Area)
- Solution: Mid – High – Low (from left to right)
That’s all of the puzzles and their solutions for Resident Evil 3 Remake on PS4, Xbox One and PC. For all Safe Combinations and Locker Codes refer to Resident Evil 3 Remake All Safe Combinations & Locker Codes.