Chapter 3: The Girl Who’s Gaga for Bugs contains 23 Balan Statue Locations in Balan Wonderworld. The game has 300 Balan Statues in total. When you start the game it will show only 228 Statues in the Menu but another 72 unlock after beating the story, that’s how it’s 300 total. Finding all of them unlocks the Balan’s Happy Chappy trophy or achievement.
Some important information about the statues:
- You can’t collect all the statues immediately, some of them require costumes found in later levels.
- You can change your costumes at each checkpoint by holding any of the 4 face buttons and entering the changing room, you will however need to have some spare costumes collected in the level the costume appeared in, if a costume gets replaced in your inventory of 3 in a level, it will end up in your wardrobe.
- There are 12 Chapters and each is divided into 4 Acts. The 4th Act (actually called “Secret Act 3” in-game) only unlocks after finishing the story!
- Most Statues are hidden in the world. The rest is for completing Balan’s Bout with a score of excellent (4 perfect hits in the minigame). You start this minigame by collecting a golden hat in each Act.
- Each boss fight has 3 statues which you unlock by hitting them with 3 different methods, these are listed below as well.
- During the story collect what you find on your own, then unlock Balan’s Costume after the story, it allows you to fly around to reach all Collectibles easily.
Chapter 3: The Girl Who’s Gaga for Bugs
Statue 1 – Near the level start, above a blue mushroom.
Statue 2 – Drop down the stairs near the mushrooms to enter a mirror. Use Lovely Lantern to get to the statue.
Statue 3 – After getting the Web Wrangler, atop the taller pile of books.
Statue 4 – Press the blue button on one of the hanging platforms nearby. You can get to it either with Balan, Jumping Jack or any other flying or jumping character.
Statue 5 – Above the moving block during the first web-crawling sequence.
Statue 6 – You need to use Telepotter to get to the other side of the web. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Statue 7 – Enter the small hole in the wall with the Itsy-Bitsy Elf. It’s found near the end of the level, in one of the areas where enemies spawn.
Statue 1 – On a platform, above some tall mushrooms. Use Dusk Butterfly to get to it or any other flying character.
Statue 2 – Almost unmissable. On the main path, floating mid-air. You can grab it with the Sickle Slinger costume.
Statue 3 – In an alcove at the bottom of the tree.
Statue 4 – Unmissable. You’ll basically fly into it with the Dusk Butterfly costume.
Statue 5 – Above a platform near a checkpoint marker.
Statue 6 – Near the end, ride the moving platforms up to a mirror. Enter it and kill all enemies to spawn the statue.
Statue 7 – Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Act 3 – Boss:
- Hit the falling stalactite.
- Hit a sphere back at the boss.
- Use the mushrooms to jump on the boss’s heads when he spawns spiderwebs.
Secret Act 3:
Statue 1 – Jump onto the moving platform at the level start.
Statue 2 – Enter the mirror near the second checkpoint to find another moving platform. The statue is on the other side.
Statue 3 – Near the checkpoint there is a contraption you can use the Gear Prince costume on. Activate it to reveal an opening behind a book. Enter it to get the statue.
Statue 4 – Use the Laser Launcher to activate two switch at the same time and reveal the statue.
Statue 5 – At the end of the level, head left and climb up the cobwebs to eventually find a tree branch you can land on. Here’s the statue.
Statue 6 – Inside the opening, right of the level exit.
That’s all of the Balan Statues in Chapter 3: The Girl Who’s Gaga for Bugs of Balan Wonderworld.
For all other Statues refer to the Balan Wonderworld All Statue Locations Guide.