Chapter 4: The Boy Who Would be One with the Wind contains 23 Balan Statue Locations in Balan Wonderworld. The game has 300 Balan Statues in total. When you start the game it will show only 228 Statues in the Menu but another 72 unlock after beating the story, that’s how it’s 300 total. Finding all of them unlocks the Balan’s Happy Chappy trophy or achievement.
Some important information about the statues:
- You can’t collect all the statues immediately, some of them require costumes found in later levels.
- You can change your costumes at each checkpoint by holding any of the 4 face buttons and entering the changing room, you will however need to have some spare costumes collected in the level the costume appeared in, if a costume gets replaced in your inventory of 3 in a level, it will end up in your wardrobe.
- There are 12 Chapters and each is divided into 4 Acts. The 4th Act (actually called “Secret Act 3” in-game) only unlocks after finishing the story!
- Most Statues are hidden in the world. The rest is for completing Balan’s Bout with a score of excellent (4 perfect hits in the minigame). You start this minigame by collecting a golden hat in each Act.
- Each boss fight has 3 statues which you unlock by hitting them with 3 different methods, these are listed below as well.
- During the story collect what you find on your own, then unlock Balan’s Costume after the story, it allows you to fly around to reach all Collectibles easily.
Chapter 4: The Boy Who Would be One with the Wind
Statue 1 – Near the boy, above a fan.
Statue 2 – Above a ledge, in the indoor area.
Statue 3 – Before the level exit, jump on the balloons with Aero Acrobat to get to it.
Statue 4 – Use Box Fox to cast the 3 Negati off the ledge.
Statue 5 – Enter the Mirror as Chrono Bunny.
Statue 6 – Use Gear Prince to reveal a platform that gives you access to the statue.
Statue 7 – Before the level exit. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Statue 1 – Above a platform, near some balloons.
Statue 2 – At the very beginning of the level, past some spikes.
Statue 3 – In the section with platforms moving right and left.
Statue 4 – Behind a crate that only Bulldozer can move. Alternatively, you can phase through it with Telepotter.
Statue 5 – Shoot the three blue switches at the same time suing Laser Launcher.
Statue 6 – During the last stretch of fans, on the right, past some platforms that move in and out.
Statue 7 – Under the big bike. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Act 3 – Boss:
- Hit the gift box. This reveals some balloons you can jump on with Aero Acrobat and hit the boss.
- Use Soaring Sheep to fly over the drafts to get closer to and hit the boss.
- Hitting the propellers.
Secret Act 4:
Statue 1 – Amidst some mid-air spikes.
Statue 2 – Above the plane model in the indoor area.
Statue 3 – Above a moving cobweb.
Statue 4 – Near a moving platforms and some pink raindrops.
Statue 5 – On a ledge you can get access to after activating some fans with Gear Prince/King.
Statue 6 – Halfway through the balloons section.
That’s all of the Balan Statues in Chapter 4: The Boy Who Would be One with the Wind of Balan Wonderworld.
For all other Statues refer to the Balan Wonderworld All Statue Locations Guide.