Balan Wonderworld has 300 Balan Statue Locations. This guide shows all Statues by their Chapter (Gold Statues & Multicolored Statues). Finding all Statues unlocks the Balan’s Happy Chappy & Balan’s a Really Happy Chappy trophy or achievement. When you start the game it will show only 228 Statues in the Menu but another 72 unlock after beating the story, that’s how it’s 300 total.
They are Collectibles that look like golden figurines floating above the ground. To reach some of them you need certain costumes which are found later in the game. This means for many statues you must backtrack after getting the correct costume – each costume gives you a unique power or platforming maneuver. It is therefore most effective to beat the story first and get the costumes along the way, then mop up any Balan Statues you have left. The best costume is Balan Costume which allows you to fly everywhere and reach statues easily. Just get what you can during the story, then get the Balan Costume after the story and use it to get your remaining statues quickly.
Costumes can be changed at each checkpoint by holding any of the 4 face buttons and entering the changing room.
You can keep track of which ones you’ve found by clicking on “Balan Statues” in the pause menu. It shows how many you have per chapter/act and how many you have total.
The game is divided into 12 Chapters with 4 Acts each. Act 1 & 2 of each Chapter are platforming levels. The 3rd Act is always a boss fight. The 4th Act is unlocked after beating the full story. The 1st and 2nd Act have 7-9 statues each. 1-3 of those are from beating that Act’s QTE minigame, called “Balan’s Bout”, with a score of excellent (4 perfect hits in the minigame). It starts by collecting a golden hat and then you must press buttons with perfect timing. The 3rd act (boss fight) has 3 statues from damaging the boss in a certain way. The 4th act, which unlocks after the story, contains 6 statues.
None of these Collectibles are missable. You can replay every chapter at any time as often as you like.
Below are links to each chapter’s Statue Guides (the rest is still being added):
- Chapter 1: The Man Who Rages Against the Storm
- Chapter 2: The Dolphin and the Diver
- Chapter 3: The Girl Who’s Gaga for Bugs
- Chapter 4: The Boy Who Would be One with the Wind
- Chapter 5: The Lady filled with Avian Adoration
- Chapter 6: The Girl and the Kitten
- Chapter 7: The Former Champion Who’s Stuck in the Past
- Chapter 8: The Lady Too Scared to Love
- Chapter 9: The Clown Who Fell for a Princess
- Chapter 10: The Artist with Painter’s Block
- Chapter 11: The Firefighter with Heroic Aspirations
- Chapter 12: The Man Seen by No One