Chapter 9: The Man Who Fell for a Princess has 27 Balan Statue Locations in Balan Wonderworld. The game has 300 Balan Statues in total. When you start the game it will show only 228 Statues in the Menu but another 72 unlock after beating the story, that’s how it’s 300 total. Finding all of them unlocks the Balan’s Happy Chappy trophy or achievement.
Some important information about the statues:
- You can’t collect all the statues immediately, some of them require costumes found in later levels.
- You can change your costumes at each checkpoint by holding any of the 4 face buttons and entering the changing room, you will however need to have some spare costumes collected in the level the costume appeared in, if a costume gets replaced in your inventory of 3 in a level, it will end up in your wardrobe.
- There are 12 Chapters and each is divided into 4 Acts. The 4th Act (actually called “Secret Act 3” in-game) only unlocks after finishing the story!
- Most Statues are hidden in the world. The rest is for completing Balan’s Bout with a score of excellent (4 perfect hits in the minigame). You start this minigame by collecting a golden hat in each Act.
- Each boss fight has 3 statues which you unlock by hitting them with 3 different methods, these are listed below as well.
- During the story collect what you find on your own, then unlock Balan’s Costume after the story, it allows you to fly around to reach all Collectibles easily.
Chapter 9: The Man Who Fell for a Princess
Statue 1 – Behind the wall leading to the first railway section, the switch that opens the door is higher up on the roofs.
Statue 2 – During the first railway section, it will be in your path.
Statue 3 – After the first railway section on the stone blocks to your right.
Statue 4 – In the tunnel at the end of the optional railway section (the one that leads to the right of the area, not to the left where you are supposed to go).
Statue 5 – During the final railway section of the level.
Statue 6 – From the end of the level look back and you will see it below the path you came from.
Statue 7 – You can see the Balan Bout from the beginning of the level.
Statue 8 – After the first railway section it will be on the arch you go through.
Statue 9 – On a balcony just before the spinning cups.
Statue 1 – In the first room behind the stairs you will find a mirror you have to fix using the Fixer-Upper costume. There you will find the statue.
Statue 2 – Look to your left after the second block drops on your path.
Statue 3 – With a high jump you can get it easily, or you go around and navigate through a hallway with swinging snowflakes.
Statue 4 – In the big room with a lot of dropping blocks use Telepotter to faze through the fence to get it.
Statue 5 – Use Itsy-Bitsy Elf to find it in the small doorway.
Statue 6 – In a hidden passage behind some bags.
Statue 7 – In the big room with dropping blocks.
Statue 8 – In the boss room, reach the top, go through the mirror, turn around and re-enter the mirror to reach a hidden area.
Statue 9 – With Balan or another high jumper jump out of the rotating hallway to find it on the roofs.
Act 3 – Boss
- Using Pounding Robot do the butt-slam to hit one of the layers you are running on when the boss is on it as well.
- Using Slow Tortoise shoot through the spears circling around the boss during this attack phase.
- Jump on the bullets to shoot them back.
Hidden Act 3
Colored Statue 1 – Use the Lethal Vacuum Bot to suck it through the wall.
Colored Statue 2 – Easy to see, at the rotating platforms.
Colored Statue 3 – Below a floating block just next to the previous one.
Colored Statue 4 – Hit the blue button and go through the hole you know from the regular level, there it will be.
Colored Statue 5 – Use a character that can destroy iron blocks to reveal it.
Colored Statue 6 – At the railway section.
That’s all of the Balan Statues in Chapter 9: The Man Who Fell for a Princess of Balan Wonderworld.
For all other Statues refer to the Balan Wonderworld All Statue Locations Guide.