Chapter 8: The Lady Too Scared to Love contains 25 Balan Statue Locations in Balan Wonderworld. The game has 300 Balan Statues in total. When you start the game it will show only 228 Statues in the Menu but another 72 unlock after beating the story, that’s how it’s 300 total. Finding all of them unlocks the Balan’s Happy Chappy trophy or achievement.
Some important information about the statues:
- You can’t collect all the statues immediately, some of them require costumes found in later levels.
- You can change your costumes at each checkpoint by holding any of the 4 face buttons and entering the changing room, you will however need to have some spare costumes collected in the level the costume appeared in, if a costume gets replaced in your inventory of 3 in a level, it will end up in your wardrobe.
- There are 12 Chapters and each is divided into 4 Acts. The 4th Act (actually called “Secret Act 3” in-game) only unlocks after finishing the story!
- Most Statues are hidden in the world. The rest is for completing Balan’s Bout with a score of excellent (4 perfect hits in the minigame). You start this minigame by collecting a golden hat in each Act.
- Each boss fight has 3 statues which you unlock by hitting them with 3 different methods, these are listed below as well.
- During the story collect what you find on your own, then unlock Balan’s Costume after the story, it allows you to fly around to reach all Collectibles easily.
Chapter 8: The Lady Too Scared to Love
Statue 1 – Next to the dancing stage.
Statue 2 – Immediately next the previous statue’s location, by a mirror.
Statue 3 – Behind some spikes. You need to phase through them with Telepotter.
Statue 4 – On a platform floating mid-air.
Statue 5 – On a platform, next to a Christmas tree, amidst some rotating spikes.
Statue 6 – Immediately next to the previous statue’s location. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Statue 7 – Close to the level’s exit, on a wall.
Statue 8 – Behind the level’s exit, you need Telepotter to phase through the gate. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Statue 1 – At the level start, turn back and go left.
Statue 2 – Behind an icy gift box.
Statue 3 – After s short platforming sequence with some moving blocks and spikes.
Statue 4 – Shortly after, on some platforms. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Statue 5 – Do not go down the icy slide. Instead, use a floating/flying character to get under the building. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Statue 6 – As you slide down, amidst some spikes, before some speeding circles.
Statue 7 – On a platform you have to activate, right before the level exit.
Statue 8 – On some platforms, next to the level exit.
Act 3 – Boss:
- Hit the boss after the section when the ice rotates.
- Jump on the snowflakes to hit him.
- Hit the falling icicle.
Secret Act 8:
Statue 1 – On an edge of one of the first icy slides.
Statue 2 – On a platform left of the entrance to the area with the tilting platform.
Statue 3 – Wait for the tilting platform to till all the way to right and then jump to the statue using the left side.
Statue 4 – During a sliding section, amidst some spikes.
Statue 5 – When you reach the village, at the bend, look to the left.
Statue 6 – When you can decide to continue sliding up or down, choose to go up.
That’s all of the Balan Statues in Chapter 8: The Lady Too Scared to Love of Balan Wonderworld.
For all other Statues refer to the Balan Wonderworld All Statue Locations Guide.