Chapter 7: The Former Champion Who’s Stuck in the Past contains 25 Balan Statue Locations in Balan Wonderworld. The game has 300 Balan Statues in total. When you start the game it will show only 228 Statues in the Menu but another 72 unlock after beating the story, that’s how it’s 300 total. Finding all of them unlocks the Balan’s Happy Chappy trophy or achievement.
Some important information about the statues:
- You can’t collect all the statues immediately, some of them require costumes found in later levels.
- You can change your costumes at each checkpoint by holding any of the 4 face buttons and entering the changing room, you will however need to have some spare costumes collected in the level the costume appeared in, if a costume gets replaced in your inventory of 3 in a level, it will end up in your wardrobe.
- There are 12 Chapters and each is divided into 4 Acts. The 4th Act (actually called “Secret Act 3” in-game) only unlocks after finishing the story!
- Most Statues are hidden in the world. The rest is for completing Balan’s Bout with a score of excellent (4 perfect hits in the minigame). You start this minigame by collecting a golden hat in each Act.
- Each boss fight has 3 statues which you unlock by hitting them with 3 different methods, these are listed below as well.
- During the story collect what you find on your own, then unlock Balan’s Costume after the story, it allows you to fly around to reach all Collectibles easily.
Chapter 7: The Former Champion Who’s Stuck in the Past
Statue 1 – You need to teleport over a gate that’s in the left area of the level from the level start. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Statue 2 – On a ledge.
Statue 3 – On a platform floating mid-air.
Statue 4 – Inside an iron block.
Statue 5 – Near the rotating yellow platforms.
Statue 6 – On a mid-air flower bud.
Statue 7 – On some floating steps.
Statue 8 – Above the level exit. You’ll probably fly into it.
Statue 1 – Shoot the spawning Negati.
Statue 2 – On a platform by some rotating yellow platforms.
Statue 3 – On a hidden platform, behind the stomping knight.
Statue 4 – Inside a hallway that is accessible through some mirrors in the corridor. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Statue 5 – Behind the stomping knight closer to some iron blocks.
Statue 6 – Behind an enclosure.
Statue 7 – In the mini boss area, above the leftmost stomping knight.
Statue 8 – From Statue 7’s location, enter the mirror on your right. Finish Balan’s Bout with 4 x Excellent Score to unlock it.
Act 3 – Boss:
- Send a bullet back at the boss.
- When he punches the ground, glide to him.
- Hit the biggest chess piece.
Secret Act 7:
Statue 1 – Behind some purple spikes.
Statue 2 – Behind some destructible iron blocks.
Statue 3 – Hanging mid-air above a tower.
Statue 4 – Above a wall of the exit tower.
Statue 5 – Inside one of the windows of a tower.
Statue 6 – Above a pool of poison found on a tower.
That’s all of the Balan Statues in Chapter 7: The Former Champion Who’s Stuck in the Past of Balan Wonderworld.
For all other Statues refer to the Balan Wonderworld All Statue Locations Guide.