Ni No Kuni 2 has 10 Dreamer Door Mazes. Surviving 10 Dreamer’s Doors unlocks the Dream Big trophy or achievement. Completing the same one 10 times will not work for this, you must beat each unique one.
The first 9 Dreamer’s Doors are part of Side Quest 002: Top Marks for Trying. This triggers automatically during Chapter 4, it cannot be missed. When the quest starts you also receive the key to the first Dreamer’s Door.
Basically, they are Ni No Kuni 2’s version of raids. They are a series of randomly generated floors. The layout of the maze will be different for every player and will differ on each try. The goal is to find the exit to the maze by going through the door on each floor. Don’t let the threat-level (in top right corner) rise or else the enemies become stronger. If you just run from one door to the next you can get to the end before the level increases. Or you can slay some monsters and collect their purple orbs to reduce your threat level at a statue.
If you’re going for the Dream Big trophy it’s best to do them all after the story. The secret 10th maze is well hidden on the “Faraway Isle” to the east of Broadleaf. To stand a chance you’ll have to grind your way to level 85-95. After completing everything else in the game 100% you’ll end up at level 70. The remaining levels can be grinded by repeating the final story boss. Just lock on to him with and press for fast attack. You can even watch some TV or do other things, all you have to do is press one button. After the boss is done, skip the ending scene and reload the save from main menu. Rinse and repeat. It takes roughly 6 hours to get from level 70 to 95 but then you can finish the 10th maze boss with just a few hits. At level 70 he will one-hit you, which makes the fight almost impossible. See details for Dreamer Door #10 for more details and boss strategies.
#1 – inside Grotty Grotto (3 Floors)
#2 – inside Sundown Woods (4 Floors)
#3 – inside Eert Grove (6 Floors)
#4 – inside Shrine of Pining (7 Floors) – requires Zippelin which unlocks at start of Chapter 7
#5 – inside Tidewash Cave (8 Floors) – requires Zippelin from Chapter 7 or boat
#6 – inside Sublime Shrine (10 Floors)
#7 – inside Crooked Cavern (13 Floors) – requires Zippelin from chapter 7
#8 – inside Blowtorch Cave (15 Floors)
#9 – inside Shivery Shrine (18 Floors)
#10 – Farway Forest (30 Floors)
You must now turn in Side Quest 002 (which completes by doing the first 9 doors). The quest giver is found in the Goldpaw Library. Talk to him. He’ll give you the key to the 10th Dreamer’s Door. The door is found on the “Faraway” Isle, which is to the east of Broadleaf. On that island is a wood you can enter, called “Faraway Woods”. In there is the last maze. It has 30 floors and a level 95 boss.
- If you have trouble, grind to level 95 by replaying the last story boss. You can simply lock on to him and then attack using (quick strikes). Skip the final cutscene, reload the game from main menu and repeat. You get half a level up every time. Took me 6 hours to grind from level 70 to 95.
- Team: Leander (main character), Roland, Bracken
- Important Skills: Leanders’ Gorgon Eye, Bracken’s Pyre Pillar (level 15).
- Before going into the fight make sure Leander’s Weapon Gauges are all at 100%. Refill the mana of all 3 characters to the maximum.
- Put the tactics tweaker to boost fire resistance + damage boost versus brutal foes.
- Bring 3 x Rosehip Tart (can be cooked in Evermore’s Cookshop). It will make the weapon charge build up more quickly to 100%. Eat it as soon as the fight starts (or shortly before the fight).
- Use weapons that have an A-Rating for charge speed.
- Use Quickfire Ring (5 stars) to build up charged attacks more quickly and Wizard’s Little Helper Pendant to make spells cost less MP (acquired from Tainted Monster #60).
- Now use Leander’s Gorgon Eye to stun-lock the boss. When the boss is down, attack him to build up a new weapon charge to 100% and get back MP. When he stands up immediately hit him with another 100% charged weapon’s Gorgon Eye Spell. The boss will now go down again and you can repeat indefinitely. The key here is to make a character-build for charge speed to stun-lock the enemy. Bracken’s Pyre Pillar (level 15) can also stun him in one hit (only at 100% charge).
- Leander also has the best evasion. And because the boss is so huge he’s easy to hit with Leander’s attacks.
- At level 70 the fight takes forever and the boss one-hits you. You really should grind out the levels. You can practice on Tainted Monster #60, it’s an exact replica of the final boss in 10th Maze. When you can defeat that monster repeatedly you are ready for the maze (must have defeated the first 50 Tainted Monsters to make #60 spawn. You also get good gear from Tained Monsters).
That’s all of the Dreamer’s Mazes. Upon successfully making it through all 30 floors of the 10th maze you will receive the Dream Big trophy. The hardest trophy in the game.
For more Ni No Kuni 2 guides, check out the full Ni No Kuni 2 Wiki.