This page contains all 12 Axe Attachments (Pommels / Knobs) in God of War Ragnarok including a showcase with images. Axe Pommels are an attachment to your primary weapon, the Leviathan Axe, and increase certain stats. More than that, they also add unique passive perks that can change the flow of combat. Each pommel visually changes the design of your axe. Knowing what pommels are in the game and what abilities they unlock can help you prepare and strategize for difficult encounters.
Axe Pommels are obtained from quests, from certain chests, bosses, and crafting. You can upgrade the Axe Pommels to further increase their stats. You get all attachments automatically while going for 100% Completion.
Leviathan Axe Attachments
- Wooden Knob – Improves Strength, no special ability (Starting Gear)
- The Furious Maul – Improves Strength & Slayer’s Strength: High Luck chance to grant a Gift of Strength on any Axe kill
- Haur’s Lucky Knob – Improves Strength, Luck & Marksman’s Stun: Moderate Luck chance for any successful precision throw to cause a bonus Stun Blast. (Craftable at Blacksmith)
- Fortified Frost Knob – Improves Strength, decreases Cooldown & Frost Resolve: Holding to Frost Awaken the Axe Improves Defence and Stagger Resistance. (Located in Legendary Chest in Svartalfheim, The Applecore)
- Stonecutter’s Knob – Improves Strength, Defence & Slicing Finish: Adds a concussive wave to the end of the Axe combo. (Craftable at Blacksmith)
- Grip of Weighted Recovery – Improves Strength, Runic & Seized Refresh: Stun Grabbing an enemy ( ) provides a Blessing of Cooldown. (Craftable at Blacksmith)
- Grip of Healing Harmony – Improves Strength, Defence & Permafrost Lifesteal: When the Permafrost skill gauge is fully charged, Axe hits restore Health, but incoming damage is increased. (Automatic story drop from Hel Tear in Mission 12: Reunion)
- Grip of the Fallen Alchemist – Improves Strength, Vitality, Luck & Serpent’s Health Burst: High Luck Chance to grant a Health Burst on any successful hit with the Serpent’s Snare skill. (Located in Legendary Chest in Vanaheim, Pilgrim’s Landing)
- Runic Hailstone Knob – Improves Strength, Runic, Luck & Prey Upon Frost: Moderate Luck chance on hitting a Frosted enemy to gain a Blessing of Runic.
- Grip of the Nine Realms – Improves Runic, Cooldown, Luck & Momentous Shift: Activating Glacial Permafrost ( + ) while Permafrost is full triggers a Realm Shift. (Reward from Berserker Gravestone in Alfheim, The Forbidden Sands)
- Grip of Radiant Reflection – Improves Strength, Runic, Cooldown & Precision Momentum: Successful Axe Ranged Attacks now generate charge of the Permafrost skill, with successful precision throws generating even more. (Craftable at Blacksmith)
- Banahogg Knob – Improves Strength, Vitality & Bare Force: Successful precision throws increase Bare-Handed attack damage for a duration. (Located in Legendary Chest in Svartalfheim, The Applecore)
That’s all of the Axe Pommels in God of War Ragnarok.
All Equipment Categories:
- God of War Ragnarok All Armor Sets
- God of War Ragnarok All Weapons
- God of War Ragnarok All Axe Attachments
- God of War Ragnarok All Blades Attachments
- God of War Ragnarok All Spear Attachments
- God of War Ragnarok All Runic Attacks
- God of War Ragnarok All Shields
- God of War Ragnarok All Relics/Hilts
And for everything else check out the God of War Ragnarok 100% Wiki.