Galar Dex: #398 Zacian
Abilities: Intrepid Sword (1) | Intrepid Sword (2) | Intrepid Sword (H)
Type: Fairy / Steel
EXP Group: Slow
Egg Group: Undiscovered
Hatch Cycles: 120
Height: 02.80 m, Weight: 355.0 kg, Color: Blue
Evolution: None (one form only)
Characteristics: Known as a legendary hero, this Pokémon absorbs metal particles, transforming them into a weapon it uses to battle. This Pokémon has slumbered for many years. Some say it’s Zamazenta’s elder sister—others say the two Pokémon are rivals.
Zacian Location in Pokemon Sword & Shield: You can find Zacian in the following location:
- Zacian is obtained in the post-story episode, it’s an automatic story encounter and cannot be missed:
- After beating the story, go back to Slumbering Weald. At the end of Slumbering Weald go find the Shrine where you found the Sword & Shield Relics. Hop is waiting there, defeat him and then defeat the other trainers that show up.
- After this return to Sonia’s Lab in Wedgehurst (the first town in the game, building on right side). Sonia gives you a special device that senses DMax Energy.
- Now go to Turffield Stadium and you will learn that Pokemon have Dynamaxed on their own and are running wild in the Stadiums across the map.
- Check your map for which stadiums have a unique marking (looks different than other stadiums on the map). You’ll have to revisit all Stadiums except Spikemuth and defeat a DMaxed Pokemon in each one of them.
- After defending each Stadium from a Dmaxed Pokemon, go to the Stadium in the middle of Hammerlocke, talk to Sonia on the right side and enter the elevator to the energy plant. Defeat the trainers there and you’ll be brought to the rooftop where you must first fight an angered Zamazenta (cannot be caught).
- After defeating Zamazenta you fight Zacian and can catch it. Because it’s very hard to catch you should use the Master Ball that you got from winning the Championship.
- Zacian is exclusive to Pokemon Sword edition (unavailable in Shield edition). Shield Players get the legendary Zamazenta instead.
- How to get Zacian in Pokemon Shield: Have a player from Sword edition trade you this Pokemon.
- HP: 92
- Attack: 170
- Defense: 115
- Special Attack: 80
- Special Defense: 115
- Speed: 148
- Total Combat Points: 720
For where to find all other Pokemon Locations, check out Pokemon Sword & Shield – All Pokemon Locations