Galar Dex: #399 Zamazenta
Abilities: Dauntless Shield (1) | Dauntless Shield (2) | Dauntless Shield (H)
Type: Fighting / Steel
EXP Group: Slow
Egg Group: Undiscovered
Hatch Cycles: 120
Height: 02.90 m, Weight: 785.0 kg, Color: Red
Evolution: None (one form only)
Characteristics: In times past, it worked together with a king of the people to save the Galar region. It absorbs metal that it then uses in battle. This Pokémon slept for aeons while in the form of a statue. It was asleep for so long, people forgot that it ever existed.
Zamazenta Location in Pokemon Sword & Shield: You can find Zamazenta in the following location:
- Zamazenta is obtained in the post-story episode, it’s an automatic story encounter and cannot be missed:
- After beating the story, go back to Slumbering Weald. At the end of Slumbering Weald go find the Shrine where you found the Sword & Shield Relics. Hop is waiting there, defeat him and then defeat the other trainers that show up.
- After this return to Sonia’s Lab in Wedgehurst (the first town in the game, building on right side). Sonia gives you a special device that senses DMax Energy.
- Now go to Turffield Stadium and you will learn that Pokemon have Dynamaxed on their own and are running wild in the Stadiums across the map.
- Check your map for which stadiums have a unique marking (looks different than other stadiums on the map). You’ll have to revisit all Stadiums except Spikemuth and defeat a DMaxed Pokemon in each one of them.
- After defending each Stadium from a Dmaxed Pokemon, go to the Stadium in the middle of Hammerlocke, talk to Sonia on the right side and enter the elevator to the energy plant. Defeat the trainers there and you’ll be brought to the rooftop where you must first fight an angered Zacian (cannot be caught).
- After defeating Zacian you fight Zamazenta and can catch it. Because it’s very hard to catch you should use the Master Ball that you got from winning the Championship.
- Zamazenta is exclusive to Pokemon Shield edition (unavailable in Sword edition). Sword Players get the legendary Zacian instead.
- How to get Zamazenta in Pokemon Sword: Have a player from Shield edition trade you this Pokemon.
- HP: 92
- Attack: 130
- Defense: 145
- Special Attack: 80
- Special Defense: 145
- Speed: 128
- Total Combat Points: 720
For where to find all other Pokemon Locations, check out Pokemon Sword & Shield – All Pokemon Locations