This guide shows how to complete all Challenges (Mastery Level 20) in Hitman 3 Berlin, Germany. The mission is called Apex Predator and contains 65 Challenges.
Reaching Mastery Level 20 in Berlin unlocks the Warehouse Veteran trophy or achievement. Around 85% of Challenges are needed to reach Level 20 Mastery so you can skip a few.
Challenges are only available while playing online. Completing Challenges will increase your Mastery Level on this map which grants new gear and starting locations. The unlocked gear can then be used across all maps. You can save time by making a Manual Save before important points (e.g. before defeating a target). Do one Challenge, reload, do the next Challenges, then finish the mission. It will update your Progress with all Challenges you have completed including those from reloads.
Note: This mission is a bit confusing on the first playthrough. There are 10 ICA Agents on the map and you must kill 5 of them but they aren’t marked by default. Just shoot all enemies on the map and you’ll kill 5 of them sooner or later (they are all enemies with outlines in scan mode, not civilians). On the 2nd playthrough they will be marked on the map and you can see their red outlines, which makes the challenges much easier.
Assassinations 1, 2 & 5 are needed for the Partied Out Trophy / Achievement.
- Crane Trauma: Agent Thames is walking outside in the area called “Back Entrance” (Floor 00). After your first playthrough of the mission, you can see all targets marked with a red crosshairs icon on the map (including their names when scrolling over them). There is a crane where Thames walks. Put a fuse in the console under the crane (one is found in a yellow dumpster next to two guards very closeby between the Back Entrance and the Biker Hangout). Then climb up the ladder behind the crane and you can control its movement. Wait until Thames walks straight in front of the crane, then release the cargo. The spot where the crane light is shining is the “kill” area of the impact.
- How the Turntables: In the middle of the Club at Level -1, there is a walkway (with one of our targets on it). Next to it, you can use a screwdriver to short-circuit the Light Tree Installation. Once you have, go down to Level -2 and get a DJ-Disguise from the spare DJ near the stage-booth. Go in the booth and dismiss your colleague to take over. Every few minutes, the Agent on the Walkway will be joined by another Agent on his usual patrol-route. This is when you want to overload the system and fry both of them at once (at the DJ desk you must choose HYPE UP > OVERLOAD CLIMAX to trigger the explosion).
- Drive it Home: After taking out 5/10 targets, the remaining ones start exfiltrating the area. Kill any one of the targets, once their evacuation starts. After your fifth kill, they won’t be marked red in Instinct-Mode anymore. However, they are still easy to spot, if you know their general areas, as they will run away while everyone else around them continues their routine. Alternatively, you can wait outside the club on Floor 00 in the areas called “Back Entrance” or “Club Hölle” because the remaining Agents will exfiltrate via one of these paths.
- Rule of Threes: Easiest done by bringing a Lockpick and Sniper Rifle (equip ICA Briefcase MK III in gear and put Sniper in it) and start at the Radio Tower. Climb up and take out three targets with your rifle.
- The 47th Trick in the Book: Agent Tremaine is on Level 2 of the Biker Clubhouse and has a Sniper Rifle mounted next to him. Take it and shoot him with it.
- Versatile Assassin: Finish “Piano Man”, “Someone Could Hurt Themselves”, “Hold My Hair”, “Straight Shot”, “Tasteless, Traceless”.
- Suck a Bag of Bricks: You can find a bag of bricks on Floor 02 of the Biker Hideout (scan for it with instinct mode for the yellow outline). Knock out one of your targets there and drag them to Floor 01 underneath the bag of bricks. Then push down the bag of bricks for the kill.
- Waaagh!: Between the Juice Bar and the waterway, there are a few large fuel tanks. Between those, you can find the Scrap Sword. Use it to kill a target but beware you might not carry it in most disguises. Playing as a Biker would be safe.
- Straight Shot: Shoot one of the targets in the head with any weapon.
- Tasteless, Traceless: For the Challenge Juiced Up, you can offer a target a drink. Put a lethal poison in it before doing so (you unlock Lethal Poison from Berlin Mastery Level 10).
- Somebody Could Hurt Themselves: Several Challenges are accident kills, like Crane Trauma.
- Hold My Hair: For the Challenge Juiced Up, you can offer a target a drink. Put an emetic poison in it before doing so and follow him to the toilets nearby, drowning him in the toilet.
- Piano Man: Equip Fiber Wire in your loadout, approach a target from behind and take them out with it.
- The Golden Ticket: This item can be found in Hirschmüller’s Office on Floor -02.
- The Wurst Getaway: Take out the Food Delivery Guy and he will drop the Scooter Key (guy in red clothes who hangs out alone in corner between Biker Hangout & Juice Bar). Then use the Scooter to exfiltrate the mission. It is standing between Back Entrance and Biker Hangout
- Shortcut: Entrance Backdoor: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- Scavenger: Between the Juice Bar and the Canal (Floor 00), there are a few large tanks. Between those, you can find the Scrap Sword.
- The Candy Man: The Drug Dealer can be found on Level -2, usually standing in the Basement Bar. He is easily spotted in instinct-mode by his silhouette among all other NPCs. Additionally, he wears a distinctive hat. Take his disguise for this Challenge.
- Discover Berlin: See Hitman 3 Berlin – All Undiscovered Areas Locations
- Full Throttle: The Motorcycle key can be found in the Biker Hangout. Use it to exfiltrate the mission. The Motorcycle Key is located on the same floor (Floor 00), in the bar / sitting area with pool table (the room called “Biker Hangout” on the map).
- Chameleon: Berlin has a total of 10 disguises, 5 of which are Discovery-Challenges on their own.
- Club Security (all around the club and outside the club, wearing green jacket)
- Club Crew (all around the club and outside the club, wearing black hoods)
- Rave On Suit (default starting attire with Club Entrance location)
- Bartender (around the Juice Bars outside the club, Floor 00)
- Biker (in Biker Hangout and also on Level -01 & -02 in the club)
- Dealer (see The Candy Man)
- DJ (see The Party Starter)
- Florida Man (see Der Ami)
- Food Delivery Guy (see The Wurst Disguise)
- Rolf Hirschmüller (see The Club Owner)
- Shortcut: Biker Basement Door: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- The Party Starter: three DJs can be found in and around the Booth on Level -02. Pacify anyone and take the disguise for this Challenge.
- Shortcut: Skylight Ladder: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- Der Ami: Florida Man roams around Level -02, passing through the Basement Bar frequently. He is easily spotted in instinct-mode by his silhouette among all other NPCs. Additionally, he wears distinctive Zebra-pants. Take his disguise for this Challenge
- The Wurst Disguise: The Delivery Guy close to the Juice Bar and is easily identified by the bright red jacket. He hangs out alone in the corner between Juice Bar and Biker Club (Floor 00).
- The Club Owner: Rolf Hirschmüller is the owner of the Club and is found in Hirschmüller’s Office on Level -02.
- Devil’s Dandruff: A brick of cocaine can be picked up in the Bikers Clubhouse, on a table of the Drug Packaging (Level 0).
- The Wurst Delivery: Get the Delivery Guy’s disguise (The Wurst Disguise) and pick up the scooter key that he drops. Head to the scooter near the Clubhouse entrance and ring the bell. Pick up the food from the scooter and hand it over. Challenge will be completed once the Biker sits down to eat.
- Whiteout: First you need to grab the Cocaine Brick, found in the Biker Hangout (Drug Packaging area, Floor 00). Now head to the Dancefloor (Floor -02, inside the club, where people are dancing). There’s a fan (propeller that blows air) at the end of the dancefloor, to the left of the DJ Booth. You can see a yellow highlight on it in instinct mode. Now wait until Agent Chamberlin (one of your targets) gets close. You can track him on the map via the red crosshairs icon and he’s also marked red in instinct mode. He’s the only one of your targets that patrol the dance floor. Throw a coin or some other object in front of the fan to lure him. Then throw the Cocaine Brick into the fan to envelop Agent Chamberlin in a cloud of Cocaine.
- T-47: This is easiest when using the starting location “Biker Hangout” (unlocked at Mastery Level 18). This makes you start in the Biker Hideout with the Biker disguise. Now go to Floor 01 in the Biker Hideout and pick up the shotgun from the gun case behind the Grow House. Use the shotgun to kill 5 ICA Agents (your targets). Then exfiltrate using the Motorcycle, which is found in the garage on Floor 00 of the Biker Hideout, the key for it is found on Floor 00 in the bar with pool table (on a small table in the sitting area).
- Paging Dr. Greenthumb: Outside of the Grow House (Level 1 of the Biker Clubhouse), there is a large yellow device (Sprinkler Unit). Close by, on a shelf, is a sedative Insecticide. Insert it into the unit and turn it on, once the Agent is in the room.
- There was a Fire Fight!: Get Hirschmüller’s disguise (The Club Owner) without killing any guards. Pick up the phonebook he drops and use the system in Hirschmüller’s Office (Floor -02) to call one of the Agents into the room. Sit down at the desk and when the other ICA agents have arrived you need to kick over the desk and kill them.
- Herr Ziegler Plus One: Close to the front entrance, a man wearing flap pants is calling his friend and saying he is looking for his pills. After the call, he talks to us, saying he would bring us inside, if we found them. They are located in the basket of his green bicycle, which is leaning against the large fence to the right side; just before the trespassing area starts. Return them and he will get us inside the party.
- Juiced Up: Get rid of the three staffers in pink behind the Juice Bar (Level 0) and put on their disguise. Once he is close, offer your target Agent Swan a drink. Can be combined well with Tasteless, Traceless & Hold My Hair Challenges by poisoning it with lethal & emetic poison.
- Sweet Dreams: Pick up the cocaine brick from the Drug Packaging (Level 0) and smack the Dealer who hangs around the Basement Bar (Level -2) with it.
- Spree Party: Go to the Water Channels (Level 0) and dump anyone into the water for this Challenge.
- Concrete Ornithology: There are 7 bird graffiti around the level you must take photos of – see Video Walkthrough.
- Trophy Au Naturel: Take a photo of the half-naked guy dancing above the dance floor (Floor -01), next to the Projection Bar (possible starting location).
- Coconut Ball Surprise: Throw a coconut at the Florida Man (see Der Ami). A coconut can be found in the area behind the juice bar where you need a golden ticket to enter.
On your first playthrough, the targets are not marked on your map; only if you get close to someone. From your second playthrough onwards, they are shown on the map and their red silhouettes will be shown by pressing / .
- The Veteran: Agent Rhodes is located on Level 1, in the Grow House
- The Swan Song: Agent Swan is located on Level 0, roaming between the Juice Bar and the Chill Out sections
- The Wall: Agent Banner is located on Level -1, stationary on the walkway above the Dancefloor
- The Sniper: Agent Tremaine is located on Level 2, in the Sniper Nest of the Bikers Clubhouse
- The Scout: Agent Green is located on Level 2, patrolling the Club’s roof
- The Professional: Agent Thames is located on Level 0, around the Back Entrance
- The Joker: Agent Chamberlain is located on Level -2, close to Hirschmüller’s Office
- The Leader: Agent Montgomery is located on Level -1, walking in circles around the perimeter
- The Englishman: Agent Lowenthal is located on Level 0, roaming the Bikers Clubhouse
- The Rookie: Agent Davenport is located on Level 0, near the Club Entrance
- Clean House: Kill all of the ten targets above at least once for this Challenge
The Classics (5+9 Cross-Mission)
- Silent Assassin: See Hitman 3 Berlin – Silent Assassin, Suit Only Walkthrough
- Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Berlin – Silent Assassin, Suit Only Walkthrough
- Silent Assassin, Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Berlin – Silent Assassin, Suit Only Walkthrough
- Sniper Assassin: In your mission loadout select gear “ICA Briefcase MK III” and put a Sniper Rifle in it. Then you can unbox it during the mission. Either kill 5 targets from the Radio Tower & Level 02 Rooftops, or follow the Hitman 3 Berlin – Silent Assassin, Suit Only Walkthrough and shoot your targets with a silenced sniper rifle instead of using accidents or choking them out.
- The Classics: Complete all above Classic Challenges “Silent Assassin” + “Silent Assassin, Suit Only” + “Sniper Assassin” + “Suit Only”.
That’s all of the Hitman 3 Challenges in Apex Predator (Berlin, Germany).
For the Challenges on all other maps check out the full Hitman 3 Challenges Guide.