This guide shows how to complete all Challenges in Hitman 3 Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The mission is called On Top of the World and contains 83 Challenges.
Reaching Mastery Level 20 in Dubai unlocks the Stair Master trophy or achievement. Around 85% of Challenges are needed to reach Level 20 Mastery so you can skip a few.
Challenges are only available while playing online. Completing Challenges will increase your Mastery Level on this map which grants new gear and starting locations. The unlocked gear can then be used across all maps. You can save time by making a Manual Save before important points (e.g. before defeating a target). Do one Challenge, reload, do the next Challenges, then finish the mission. It will update your Progress with all Challenges you have completed including those from reloads.
- Piano Man: Equip Fiber Wire in your loadout, approach a target from behind and take them out with it.
- Versatile Assassin: Finish “Piano Man”, “Someone Could Hurt Themselves”, “Hold My Hair”, “Straight Shot”, “Tasteless, Traceless”.
- Tasteless, Traceless: Automatic from doing “Pick Your Poison” Challenge.
- Hold My Hair: Must give one of your targets Emetic poison (put it in a drink or use ICA Pen Syringe). Then they will get sick and go to a toilet to puke. Approach from behind and drown them in the toilet bowl. There are tons of ways to do this. Personally, I used the “ICA Pen Syring Emetic” (reward from Chongqing Level 5 Mastery), went to Penthouse Floor 05, threw some items to distract the guards near Ingram, and injected him with the syringe from behind while all guards looked away. Then he went to the toilet on Penthouse Floor 05. But there are many other methods. For example, follow the steps for Challenge “Pick Your Poison” and put rat poison in Ingram’s food instead of lethal poison. Or put some poison in his glass in the Study on Penthouse Floor 04 and wait for him to go there and drink it.
- Straight Shot: Shoot one of the targets in the head with any weapon.
- Someone Could Hurt Themselves: Automatic when doing Challenge “Vertical Approach“, see above (pushing a target over a ledge / railing).
- Pick Your Poison: First you need lethal poison. The guy whose disguise you have to get in the first step of storyline Bird of Prey will drop lethal poison (Floor 01 Garden Area, Assassin in black suit with green shirt). Alternatively, get lethal poison from level 10 mastery in Berlin and equip it in your load. Now go to the Penthouse, Floor 04. The Chef will be in the kitchen on this floor. Throw a coin (some are on the kitchen counter) in the room behind the chef to lure him. Take him out and get his disguise. Now interact with the plate on the kitchen counter to prepare the food, add the lethal poison, hit the bell on the kitchen counter to signal the food is ready. Now just wait for Ingram to come and eat it. Only works with lethal poison.
- Vertical Approach: Complete storyline (In)Security. At the end Stuyvesant sends away his bodyguard and stands close to the edge of the roof, push him from behind.
- Angry Birdy: First you need to unlock the Explosive Golf Ball by reaching Mastery Level 10 in Dubai. It can be placed on the rooftop terrace by the golf set on Floor 04 of the Penthouse. Afterwards, follow Disturbing the Peace below, to make him play Golf and hit the explosive ball.
- Black Gold Eye: Complete storyline Bird of Prey. At the end you will have a private meeting with Carl Ingram in his room. He will send away everyone in the room except his 1 bodyguard. When he stands in front of the table in the 1st room you can push him from behind onto the small golden oil rig statue on his desk. This will impale his eyes. Simply knock out his bodyguard afterward. This requires exact timing because Carl will move to the 2nd room afterward, he only stands in front of the desk with the oil rig for a few seconds. Make a manual save before this.
- Impactful Art: Complete storyline How The Mighty Fall. At the end both targets will be in the same room with a chandelier above their heads. Knock them out (don’t kill them yet). Then drag their bodies under the chandellier. Shoot the rope of the chandelier to make it fall onto the unconscious bodies.
- Mile High Drop: Get the Evacuation Keycard from the safe in the Security Room on Floor 03 (Safe Code: 6927). Then use the Evacuation card on the wall panels in the penthouse Floor 04 & Floor 05. This will trigger an escape sequence of your targets. They will first gather at the helipad. Then they will backtrack to the Penthouse to put on skydiving suits and jump off the roof. After they jump off, shoot their parachutes. Just follow after them until they jump off, also take out the guards. You can grab their Assault Rifles to easily shoot the parachutes in midair. – Video Walkthrough. Alternatively, you can tamper their parachutes with a kitchen knife, while they are still hanging on the wall.
- Conserving Ammunition: Complete storyline How The Mighty Fall. At the end both targets will be in the same room. Line them up for a double-headshot when they stand together in front of the TV.
- Steep Task: When the mission starts, rush to the top of the Penthouse (Floor 05) very quickly (use Penthouse Guard disguise). Ingram tends to walk around the balcony here and occasionally leans on the railing. Push him from behind.
- Icarus: As soon as the level starts head straight to the art gallery on Floor 02. On the world map there’s a corridor to the right of the art gallery. This is the corridor where you need to go. There’s a panel that says “Override Safe Zone”. To use it you must first get a Crowbar (found on the rooftop on Floor 02). Then use the crowbar to pry open a fusebox (one is on Floor Level 02 in corridor between art gallery and rooftop, or alternatively on Floor 03 Control Room). Now climb up the ladder behind the “sun”, left of the panel that needs the fuse. Up that ladder you can inser the fuse in a fusebox. Climb back down and you can now interact with the “Override Safe Zone” box. Wait until Stuyvesant comes to the art gallery and when he’s close to it, override the safe zone. You should do all these steps right away as soon as the mission starts! Otherwise he might end up on other paths and not go to the art gallery for a long time. If you’ve already unlocked the “Art Installation” Starting Point you’ll spawn where you need to be and can do all steps very quickly, then just wait for your target to arrive after a few minutes.
- Discover Dubai: See Dubai All Undiscovered Areas
- Easy Breezy: Use your camera to open all 6 windows in the level. 1 window on the default starting path where you land with the skydiving suit. 2 windows on Floor 00 in the maintenance room (by the staff area). Climb out those two windows and scale the outside of the building to the third floor and you must scan the third window at the top (waypoints you follow for How The Mighty Fall storyline). The last 2 windows are on Floor 01, Art Installation Backtstage.
- Rotor Man: You find the pilot on Floor 03, Helipad.
- Shortcut – Penthouse Terrace Ladder: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- Wet Worker: Automatically from storyline Bird of Prey.
- Rotor Ready: Requires you to find the Helicopter Key. Go to the Helipad on Floor 03. At the front-center of the helipad is a ladder leading down (usually two guards standing there). Slide down that ladder and on the walkway at the bottom of the ladder sits the key (Floor 02, where the swinging knife-throwing targets are).
- Shortcut – Ventilation Area Ladder: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- Elite Heat: You find Penthouse Guards on Floor 03. Defeat one and take their disguise.
- Hot One: Disguise yourself as the chef, found in Penthouse Floor 04. Can throw a coin in the room behind him to lure him away from the guards, then take him out silently.
- Toothpick: Pick up the scimitar sword found in the Study, Penthouse Floor 04. Alternatively, it can also be dropped by the Sheikh.
- Waiter Cater: You find Event Staff Members on Floor 00 around the Meeting Room. Defeat one and take their disguise.
- Shortcut – Atrium Lobby Door: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- Here Goes Nothing: After killing both targets, walk to the edge of the roof and jump off (exits will be marked).
- Grand Connection: Follow storyline How The Mighty Fall to find a console on Floor 03 that lets you open the Elevators in the whole building. After defeating both targets, escape through the elevator on Floor 03 below the penthouse.
- Pocket-Sized Empire: The skyscraper miniature model is found in the living room of the Penthouse, Floor 04. You will go there at the end of storyline How The Mighty Fall.
- Shortcut – Helpiad Ladder: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- Ground Floor, Please: Follow storyline How The Mighty Fall to find a console on Floor 03 that lets you open the Elevators in the whole building. After defeating both targets, escape through the elevator on Floor -01, Atrium.
- Key to the Sceptre: The Key will be dropped by the Staff Member in the Storage room on Level 04.
- Servant Exit: Follow storyline How The Mighty Fall to find a console on Floor 03 that lets you open the Elevators in the whole building. After defeating both targets, escape through the elevator on Floor 02 staff area.
- Up and Away: Get helicopter keys from challenge “Rotor Ready” and exfiltrate via the helicopter (Floor 03 Helipad).
- For Emergencies Only: See Assassination “Mile High Drop“. You find the Evacuation Keycard in the Security Room on Floor 03 in a safe (Safe Code: 6927).
- Chameleon: Find all 11 disguises in the level.
- Event Security (Floor 00 Staff Area, guys in white clothes with blue hat)
- Event Staff (Floor 00 Staff Area, people with golden vests)
- Kitchen Staff (Floor 00 Staff Area)
- Maintenance Staff (Floor 03 Maintenance area, also in kitchen changing room locker, workers in blue clothes)
- Assassin (in Garden with black suit and green shirt)
- Art Crew (Floor 03 Control Room)
- Penthouse Guard (Floors 03, 04, 05)
- Penthouse Staff (Floors 03, 04, 05)
- Famous Chef (Penthouse Floor 04)
- Ingram’s Bodyguard (the two bodyguards walking with Ingram in Penthouse Floor 04, 05)
- Pilot (Floor 03, Helipad)
- Meet the Stuyvesants: Head to the Private Bar on Floor 1 and get rid of the woman in dark blue (it’s her exhibit next door), possibly by making her vomit with emetic poison. Now, Stuyvesants daugther will be alone in the area at all times, making her father come into the Bar, once he passes by.
- Suiting Attire: You find the skydiving suit on Floor -01, Atrium. Interact with the suit rack where you originally entered the building for the first time. Then use any exit (after both targets are dead).
- Precious Moments: Follow Meet the Stuyvesants and take a picture of both, once they are together.
- Mission Story – (In)Security: Complete storyline (In)Security.
- Geronimo: See Assassination “Mile High Drop”, this will come automatically during that.
- Chip and Dip: Go to Floor 03, Server Room. Instead of interacting with the server and pulling the server racks, you’ll need to go to the corridor behind the server room where you find 2 workers in blue clothes. Take them out and they will drop a keycard. Go back to the server room and a platform will raise from the ground. Use the keycard and one of the 4 servers will switch its screen from green text to yellow text. Pull the rack from the server with yellow text on screen (it’s random on each playthrough which of the 4 is correct).
- Cashing Out: Right at the start of the level, use a Crowbar to pry open the deposit boxes on Floor -01 Atrium in the reception area. One of those boxes contains a gold bar. Equip it and directly head to the middle of the Atrium where the Sheikh holds a speech. Throw the gold bar at his head to knock him out. Best to do this right away or else he will start moving around and can be hard to track down (can find crowbar on Floor 02 rooftop behind art gallery).
- Nightcrawler: The Sheik (who will give the speech in the Atrium in the beginning) will roam around the building after he is done with the speech. Eventually, he will take a nap in the Guest Bedroom on Floor 5. Take a picture of him, once he does.
- Mission Story – Bird of Prey: Complete storyline Bird of Prey.
- Disturbing the Peace: When Ingram is talking into his dictaphone in the Study on Floor 4, turn on the Radio – he will get mad and head upstairs. When he uses his dictaphone again, turn on the Vaccuum Cleaner outside of the room. Now he will vent of by playing some golf, which can be paired with Angry Birdie.
- Mission Story – How The Mighty Fall: Complete storyline How The Mighty Fall.
- Flying Monkey Business: Get the Evacuation Keycard from the safe in the Security Room on Floor 03 (Safe Code: 6927). Then use the Evacuation card on the wall panels in the penthouse Floor 04 & Floor 05. This will trigger an escape sequence of your targets. They will first gather at the helipad. Then they will backtrack to the Penthouse to put on skydiving suits move towards their jump-off point on the roof. You must put some banana peels on the floor to make them slip (do this just where they jump off). You can find a Banana in the same Security Room on Floor 03 where you get the Evacuation Keycard. Another Banana is found in the Staff Meeting Room on Floor 00. With the Banana equipped, hold + / + and press / to place the peels on the floor (don’t throw it). When one of the targets walks into it they will slip and get knocked out. Make a manual save before placing the banana peels so you can reload and adjust. See Video Walkthrough
- Particular Palette: Get a waiters disguise and a bottle of Whiskey – one bottle can be found in a Deposit Box on Floor -1. Head to the Balcony Bar (Floor 02) and serve up some Whiskey. When Stuyvesant comes close, offer him a glass. Can be combined with lethal or emetic poisons.
- High Rise Drop: Follow storyline How The Mighty Fall to find a console on Floor 03 that lets you open the Elevators in the whole building (Atrium Floor -01, Floor 02 Staff Corridor, Floor 03 before Penthouse). Knock someone out, drag their body to the elevator shaft, dump them down.
- The Phoenix Ascension: Complete all levels in this escalation contract.
- The Asmodeus Waltz (1): Complete all levels in this Escalation Contract.
- The Asmodeus Waltz (2): Simply start the Escalation Contract for the first time.
- Eliminate Carl Ingram: Automatic from killing your main target.
- Eliminate Marcus Stuyvesant: Automatic from killing your main target.
The Classics (5+9 Cross-Mission)
- Sniper Assassin: See Hitman 3 Dubai – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Silent Assassin: See Hitman 3 Dubai – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Silent Assassin, Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Dubai – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Dubai – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- The Classics: Complete all above Classic Challenges “Silent Assassin” + “Silent Assassin, Suit Only” + “Sniper Assassin” + “Suit Only”.
Escalation – Track 1 (6 Cross-Mission)
- Escalation Track 1, Tier 1-6: Complete 15 Escalations across different maps.
Escalation – Track 2 (11 Cross-Mission)
- Escalation Track 2, Tier 1-11: Complete 28 Escalations across different maps.
That’s all of the Hitman 3 Challenges in On Top of the World (Dubai, United Arab Emirates).
For the Challenges on all other maps check out the full Hitman 3 Challenges Guide.