This guide shows how to complete all Challenges (Mastery Level 20) in Hitman 3 Mendoza, Argentina. The mission is called The Farewell and contains 67 Challenges.
Reaching Mastery Level 20 in Mendoza unlocks the Vineyard Virtuoso trophy or achievement. Around 85% of Challenges are needed to reach Level 20 Mastery so you can skip a few.
Challenges are only available while playing online. Completing Challenges will increase your Mastery Level on this map which grants new gear and starting locations. The unlocked gear can then be used across all maps. You can save time by making a Manual Save before important points (e.g. before defeating a target). Do one Challenge, reload, do the next Challenges, then finish the mission. It will update your Progress with all Challenges you have completed including those from reloads.
- Notes of Hemlock: Bring some lethal poison with you or pick it up from the Villa Bathroom (Level 5). Additionally, you want to get your hands on a bottle of Pinot Noir, which can be found in the Wine Fridge (Level 1) amongst other places. Dress up as a waiter, go to the Tasting Room (Level 2) place the bottle, poison the glass and serve it to Tamara once she enters the room.
- Domestic Disturbance: First you must open the safe in the basement of Don Yates’s Villa (Floor 03, Villa Basement). The safe code is 2006. Pick up the file from the safe. Then, dressed as a Mercenary, give the file to Don Yates’s wife. Just wait a few minutes and she will meet with Don Yates and push him over the balcony. This also counts as one of the kills towards Murder by Proxy.
- The Orator: First you need to find the microphone. It’s in the Cinema (Floor 01, bottom right edge of map). The microphone is sitting on a black box at the top floor of the cinema (where two workers in blue clothes are standing). Now go to the area called “Asado” on the map (Floor 04, party area). There’s a microphone stand there. You’ll want to switch out the microphone with the one you picked up. Then use the voltage box behind the microphone to increase voltage. This sets the trap that will kill Don Yates when he uses the microphone. But to make him come here and use it, you must now complete the Feat Asdaor (take a torch from Floor 03 in front of the Villa, then use the torch on the slaughtered pigs barbecue on Floor 03 to light the Asador Fire Pit). A few minutes later Don will arrive and use the microphone which kills him.
- Pencil Pusher: In the Parking Lot Area, a Lawyer makes a call to our target Yates. He is easily spotted by a briefcase and bald head – much like ours. After the call he heads into the little circle in the middle, which is our chance to snatch his disguise and briefcase. Drop your weapon, if you brought one, as we are about to get frisked at the path leading towards the Villa. At the Black iron gate, talk to the Security and he will lead you inside, into the Guest Room. Knock him out and hide him in the closet. Now, put your files on the table and wait for our target to enter the room. Eventually, he will stand right in front of the table, which is the moment we can smash him into the pen.
- Get Rid of the Body: The Shredder is located outside of the mansion, right next to the Guest Bedroom. Following the Pencil Pusher opportunity from above is a good way to get some alone-time with him, very close to where we want him. Once you’re alone with him in the room, subdue him as well as the guard standing outside of the door, drag the Don around the corner into the Shredder and turn it on.
- Firebrand: Around the guest areas, there will be many gardenhoses close to small lamps on the floor. Turn on the faucets to create a water leak around the floor lamps. Knock out Tamara and drag her unconscious body to one of those lamps. Step back and shoot the lamp to electrocute her (only works if there’s a water puddle around the lamp). Or just wait for Tamara to walk near one such lamp and shoot it to fry her. For a visual guide, check our Silent Assassin, Suit Only Walkthrough.
- Pulp Friction: While doing the Tour Mission Story, explain the Grape Crusher while you are in the Fermentation Room. Push Tamara inside, once she gets close.
- Murder by Proxy: For this Challenge, we have to leave the killing of our targets to other NPCs. Combine the following two challenges in one run to get this: Domestic Disturbance & Mission Story – Eyes on Target.
- Coldhearted: While doing the Tour Mission Story, explain the Freezer while you are in the Production Room. Tamara will step inside and you can close the door from the outside.
- To Loyalty: Equip lethal poison in your loadout (from Berlin Mastery Level 10) or pick it up from the Villa Bathroom (Level 5). You need to get into the Villa Basement (Level 3) and put the lethal poison into the Don’s glass, before he will have the sitdown with Diana and Tamara. After this, follow the Closing Statement Walkthrough and the Don will drink the poisoned Paladin Wine.
- Straight Shot: Kill any target with a Headshot for this Challenge. Pencil Pusher gives some nice alone-time with the Don.
- Tasteless, Traceless: There is a poison-kill Challenge for each Tamara (see Notes of Hemlock) and the Don (see To Loyalty above) which will also unlock this challenge.
- Somebody Could Hurt Themselves: There are multiple accident-kills while doing The Tour Mission Story, for example from Challenge Pulp Friction.
- Hold My Hair: The easiest way would be to equip an emetic syringe (from Chongqing Mastery Level 5) and administer it to the Don on the upper floor of his Villa, as a Bathroom is right next door. He will go to the toilet to puke and you can drown him from behind. Don will occasionally visit the upper floor – a sure way is to pick the “Shrine” as your starting point and head straight to the villa, Don will be headed to his room right at the start of the mission.
- Piano Man: Equip your Fibrewire in the loadout before the mission and strangle any target from behind.
- Versatile Assassin: Finish “Piano Man”, “Someone Could Hurt Themselves”, “Hold My Hair”, “Straight Shot”, “Tasteless, Traceless”.
- The Hidden Hand: The Providence Herald is one of the people at the meeting in the Villa Basement at the end of storyline Closing Statement. As part of this storyline, both your targets and some people in blue suits will gather for a secret meeting. One of men in a blue suit, seated at the edge of the corner of the meeting table, has this disguise.
- Lago Lurker: Once you have eliminated both targets, head to the Boatdock on the very top of the Map. The key is in the shed right next to it.
- Shortcut: Cellar Door: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts Locations
- Cuckoo’s Nest: The Sniper’s Spot is at the Silos (Level 3). Distract the guard on the left with a coin and take the rifle while he investigates. His buddy with the binoculars won’t notice a thing.
- A Vintage Year: See Closing Statement Walkthrough
- The Cave: To exfiltrate at this position (which you also pass during the Closing Statement Mission), you need to equip the Tactical Wetsuit, which is found in the Armory (Level 2) not too far away.
- Grand Theft Auto: To use Don’s Car for a getaway, pick up the key in the Villa Bedroom (Level 5)
- Tastemaker: There are many waiters roaming around; try to pick one out of sight like in the walkway between Asado and Villa Basement (Level 3) and take their disguise.
- Grape Picker: The Staff Locker Room (Level 0) has this disguise waiting for you. Alternatively, most of the workers are found down in the grape fields, so you might as well grab one person there.
- Harvest Season: Get the special knife from the Grape Shed (Level 0) and cut down some of the large grapevines. The Malbec Grapes are located on the upper part of the field.
- Shortcut: Backdoor: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts Locations
- One Last Tango: The default exfiltration point on your first playthrough on the dancefloor, can’t miss this.
- Chameleon: Mendoza has a total of 15 disguises.
- Tactical Wet Suit (Armory, Level 2; needed for The Cave)
- Lawyer (spawns at the Parking Lot, white Shirt, bald head; needed for Pencil Pusher)
- Herald (see The Hidden Hand)
- Waiter (see Tastemaker)
- Winery Worker (see Grape Picker)
- Chief Winemaker (see Tour Guide)
- Gaucho (see Hello, Cowboy)
- Corvo Black (He’s the guy in black suit who walks with Tamara Vidal during The Tour storyline)
- Bodyguard (basically anywhere around the guest areas)
- Asado Chef (see The Famous Llosa Brothers)
- Sommelier (you must take his disguise during Closing Statement storyline in the Wine Fridge)
- Head of Security (you have to talk to him during Closing Statement storyline in the Barrel Room after disguising as the Sommelier)
- Mercenary (basically anywhere around Don’s Villa)
- Tango Musician (Dance Floor, Level 2, the guys in blue suits playing music by the piano)
- 47’s Signature Suit with Gloves (At the very end of Closing Statement storyline you will get the objective to “Disguise yourself appropriately”. Then you can take this suit from the coat rack in Don Yates’s bedroom, floor 05 in his Villa where the storyline ends)
- Into the Sunset: This exfiltration point is located at the very bottom of the map, under the Grape Shed (Level 0)
- Discover Mendoza: see Hitman 3 Mendoza – All Undiscovered Areas Locations
- Estate Wines: If you want to grab all three bottles at once, head into the Wine Fridge on Level 1. You go to the wine fridge automatically during storyline Closing Statement.
- Scandal: Open the Safe in the Villa Basement (Level 3) to get some intel. The Code is 2006.
- Hello, Cowboy: The Gauchos roam around the Fields and the Gardens a lot, though often in pairs. Distract one and take out any of them for this Challenge
- The Famous Llosa Brothers: The Asado Chef is located on Level 3, next to the large barbecue display.
- Shortcut: Maintenance Door: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts Locations
- Grapes of Wrath: Get the special knife from the Grape Shed (Level 0) and cut down some of the grapevines in the grape fields (highlighted yellow in instinct mode). Now look where some guards patrol the grape fields and place some grapes on the floor with + + (:lb: + + ). Wait for the guards to walk into the grapes on the floor, which will make them slip and fall. This knocks them out and completes the challenge.
- Mission Story – The Tour: See The Tour Walkthrough
- Going Above: Head into the Security Room (Level 2; overlooking the Barrel Room) and use the console to unlock the doors of the Wine Fridge, which are usually closed. This starts a timer of one minute in which you need to get inside, which is very generous.
- Closing Statement: See Closing Statement Walkthrough
- Primary Fermentation: Knock out or kill any worker next on top of a Fermentation Tank and dump him in (Level 01, top floor of Fermentation Room).
- Mission Story – Eyes on Target: See Eyes on Target Walkthrough
- Asador: The Fire of the Asado is found on Floor 03, it’s the slaughtered pigs barbecue with the chef standing next to it. It can be lit with either a torch, which is found at the delivery van parking in front of the Villa Entrance (Floor 04), or alternatively with a propane tank which can be shot from afar.
- Secondary Fermentation: This takes a bit of preparation. Pick up the lethal poison from the Villa Bathroom (Floor 05) or equip it in your mission loadout (unlocked from Berlin Mastery Level 10). Now get rid of the two persons in the Tech Room (Floor 01). Familiarize yourself with the way from the ventilation system to the Security Office above, as you need to be rather quick a bit later on. Follow The Tour Storyline to the end, which is when the Don will enter the Barrel Room, while Tamara is still there. You want to throw something as a distraction so Tamara doesn’t follow you around. When both targets are in the Barrel Room, you quickly need to head back to the Tech Room (Floor 01), poison the ventilation system and turn it on and run upstairs to the console in the Security Room (Floor 02) to reroute the airflow into the Barrel Room.
- Melon Head: See Eyes on Target Walkthrough
- Tour Guide: See The Tour Walkthrough
- Going Below: Find a screwdriver, for example in the Tech Room (Level 1). Go to the Barrel Room (Level 1, next to Tech Room) and drop down the side of the room into the tunnels. In the corner you can unscrew a cover on the wall. This lets you sneak into the wine fridge and unlocks the Challenge.
- The Talented Mr. Rieper: Infiltrate the Party in your Suit (for example, get the invitation from Diana at the default spawn and show it to the people at the entrance, or grab the invitation from the Parking Lot). Now follow Tamara & Diana around the party and talk to Diana at every possibility (must be wearing suit, not some other disguise). You will introduce yourself as “Mr. Rieper”. In total you can talk to Diana 3 times, all on Floor 03 (Asado). After talking to her the third time (after Diana and Tamara stand at a railing), Tamara will ask to talk in private at a secluded spot. She will then walk you to the Cinema on Floor 01. The challenge completes when you finish walking with her.
- Mission Story – Over the Top: See Over the Top Walkthrough
- QR Codes: Around the Vineyard, there is a total of 7 QR-codes which you can scan with your Camera. See your ingame-map and mini-map for Camera icons (they are all marked on the map automatically).
- A Thick Must: While doing The Tour Mission Story, show Tamara the Grape Presser while you are in the Fermentation Room. Tamara will step inside and can be crushed, if you operate the console right next to it. An easy alternative is to knock her out and drag her unconscious body into the Grape Crusher, then activate it.
- Tamara Vidal: Automatic from killing your main target.
- Don Archibald Yates: Automatic from killing your main target.
The Classics (5+9 Cross-Mission)
- Silent Assassin: See Hitman 3 Mendoza – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Mendoza – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Silent Assassin, Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Mendoza – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Sniper Assassin: Hitman 3 Mendoza – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- The Classics: Complete all above Classic Challenges “Silent Assassin” + “Silent Assassin, Suit Only” + “Sniper Assassin” + “Suit Only”.
That’s all of the Hitman 3 Challenges in The Farewell (Mendoza, Argentina).
For the Challenges on all other maps check out the full Hitman 3 Challenges Guide.