This guide shows how to complete all Challenges (Mastery Level 20) in Hitman 3 Chongqing, China. The mission is called End of an Era and contains 84 Challenges.
Reaching Mastery Level 20 in Chongqing unlocks the Hack the Planet trophy or achievement. Around 85% of Challenges are needed to reach Level 20 Mastery so you can skip a few.
Challenges are only available while playing online. Completing Challenges will increase your Mastery Level on this map which grants new gear and starting locations. The unlocked gear can then be used across all maps. You can save time by making a Manual Save before important points (e.g. before defeating a target). Do one Challenge, reload, do the next Challenges, then finish the mission. It will update your Progress with all Challenges you have completed including those from reloads.
- Hold My Hair: You can do this against Hush on Floor 05. Equip Emetic Syringe in your loadout before the mission (unlocked from Chongqing Mastery Level 5). Wait for Hush to walk over to the computer desk, then his bodyguard will follow > take out the bodyguard > throw a coin to distract Hush > hide the bodyguard’s body in the room behind > and inject Hush with the Emetic Syringe. Then he goes to the toilet on the same floor and you can drown him in the toilet bowl. Alternatively, you can do this against Royce: get rid of all persons on Floor -2 between Royce’s Office and the Bathroom in the lower left corner. Otherwise, they will tend to your distractions. When they are all gone, you can play fetch with her and lead her down towards the toilets. If you are close, inject her with the emetic syringe (unlocked from Chongqing Mastery Level 5).
- Versatile Assassin: Finish “Piano Man”, “Someone Could Hurt Themselves”, “Hold My Hair”, “Straight Shot”, “Tasteless, Traceless”.
- Tasteless, Traceless: Following the Certainty Principle Mission and continuing with Royce will eventually lead to her office, without any guards inside. Use the feature to frost the glass and inject her with a lethal syringe.
- Straight Shot: Shoot one of the targets in the head with any weapon.
- Piano Man: Equip Fiber Wire in your loadout, approach a target from behind and take them out with it.
- Someone Could Hurt Themselves: Automatic from Challenge Medium Rare.
- Stick It to the Man: Simply choke out Hush from behind while disguised as a Homeless Person. The homeless are found on the street level (Floor 00) at the end of the road (behind the Arcade building), take out one of them for their disguise.
- Venting Some Stress: Bring some lethal poison to the level and head to the ICA Facility’s Break Room (Floor -2). Use the Camera to frost the glass and turn on the Air Condition outside of the room. Subdue the staff member and hide her in the room nearby. Repeat once more to have the second person leave the room as well and optionally take his disguise. Now, head to the Analysis Area on the same floor and use the camera to shut down the three PCs of “your colleagues”. They have a small panel at their very top, looking like the other one’s you can trigger with your camera. Now, they will take a forced break and go into the Break Room. When Royce goes on her routine, she will see them missing and head for the Break Room herself, telling them to go back working. Once they have left, she will take a seat herself to take some time off. Now, poison the AC Unit next door and turn it back on to kill her with a lethal cloud of poison.
- Deprivation: The device in the Therapy Room (Floor 5, Door Code 2552) has a missing fuse, which can be picked up two floors below in the same building. It will be in plain sight when going down, but is behind a chain-link-fence, so you need to walk around a little bit. Once it is entered, Hush will sit down in the chair, the next time he checks the maintenance progress. When he sits down, shoot him or throw a lethal object at him. Alternatively, you can simply drag Hush’s unconscious body onto the chair and then shoot him. The chair should start greeting Mr. Hush when you drag his body close enough.
- Mnemonic: Following the Impulse Control Mission Story, you will sit opposite of Hush and take a test. When the experiment is halted and he is on a short break, you want to get rid of the research assistant who was behind the computer-screens, as she is the one who slows down the progress. When the experiment continues, the other assistant will be more progressive and Hush will be overloaded and dies on the spot.
- Big Bada Boom: Follow the China Sniper Assassin Walkthrough to the end, where our two targets meet on the Lotus Passage. Instead of shooting them, shoot the large gas-bottle next to them to blow them up at once.
- A Shock to the System: Easiest method is to knock out Imogen Royce. Then drag her unconscious body to the Break Room (Floor -02, inside ICA Facility). There’s a water tank there and a socket under it. Put Royce’s body there, shoot the water tank to create a leak, then shoot the socket to electrocute Royce.
- Cooling Down: Get rid of the guards following Royce, put on their disguise and follow her until she heads into the Core again. Once she leans at the railing, push her down to fulfill this Challenge.
- Bullet Points: Finish storyline All-Seeing Eyes. This story makes you go to a Sniping spot and both targets meet up at the end. When Royce walks behind Hush shoot both of them with 1 bullet.
- Medium Rare: Finish storyline Certainty Principle. At the end Royce will lead you to a room with a computer terminal where you can fire 3 employees. Fire “Alicia Reynolds” (top right) > quickly fire “Jeremy Bolt” (bottom left, security guard). Jeremy will leave his post so Alicia can freely enter the core. Then Alicia will flip the switch that deactivates the security mechanism. As soon as Royce enters the core (bottom right computer screen), you must immediately fire “Sharon Reed”. She will flip a switch to cleanse the core. Because Alicia disabled the security mechanism it will result in Royce being burned alive in the core. Also counts as an accident kill.
- Shortcut – Facility Elevator Shaft: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- Training Hard: Exfiltrate the mission via the Train Station, which is your default starting location.
- The Beat: Disguise yourself as a Street Guard. Found in the streets outside the ICA Container entrance, Floor 00.
- Block Buster: Found inside “The Block” building (the building where Hush is). They wear blue pandemic suits and have pistols.
- Shortcut – Inner Courtyard: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- Quite a Hatch: Enter the Arcade from the streets (Floor 00, at the end of the street). In the courtyard of the Arcade (fenced area) there are two Street Guards standing around. On the wall here is a keypad, enter code 2552 to unlock the secret hatch and this challenge.
- Climbing the Corporate Ladder: Automatically from storyline Certainty Principle. During this you disguise yourself as the board member, who is found in the Restaurant (Floor 01).
- Scoot Over: Exfiltrate via the Scooter. This is the exit at the end of the street, Floor 01, by the Onelectrics Store.
- Super Special Door: Hack the core after killing both targets and exfiltrate via the escape door inside the ICA Facility (near the core).
- The Downtrodden: Disguise yourself as a homeless person. The homeless are found on the street level (Floor 00) at the end of the road (behind the Arcade building).
- Last Resort: You must find 3 flyers, all of which are in the same room. In the Recruitment Station (Floor 02 of “The Block” building where Hush is), you can find 3 flyers around the room. One on the noticeboard by the entrance, one by the table with a scientist, one on a table with some computers at the end of the room.
- Apartment Safe House: Exfiltrate via the Apartment Safehouse. This is the nearest exit after storyline All-Seeing Eyes (on the same rooftops where the sniping spot is in this storyline). It’s on Floor 04, accessed via the door in the Laundromat on Floor 01 (Door Code: 0118).
- Shortcut – The Block Ladder: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts
- Dumplings Cook: Disguise yourself as a Dumpling Cook. Found in the Restaurant on Floor 01 and also around the streets.
- Down the Rabbit Hole: Exfiltrate via a manhole. You need a crowbar to open manholes (e.g. one crowbar is found where the homeless people are, behind “The Block” building on street level / Floor 00). A manhole can be found near that same spot, in the alleyway behind “The Block” building (the building where Hush is in).
- Hack the Planet: There are 3 tiers of access dongles. They are all found inside the ICA Facility. Tier 1 Dongle is found in “Tier 1 Security” on Floor -01. Tier 2 Dongle is found in “ICA Employee Vetting” on Floor -01. Tier 3 Dongle is dropped by Royce, loot it from her body.
- Discover Chongqing: See Hitman 3 Chongqing – All Undiscovered Areas Locations
- Chameleon: Obtain all 11 disguises in Chongqing.
- Mr. Pritchard: Automatically from storyline Certainty Principle. During this you disguise yourself as the board member, who is found in the Restaurant (Floor 01). – Climbing the Corporate Ladder
- Street Guard: Found in the streets outside the ICA Container entrance, Floor 00 – The Beat.
- Block Guard: Found inside “The Block” building (the building where Hush is). They wear blue pandemic suits and have pistols. – Block Buster
- Homeless Person: The homeless are found on the street level (Floor 00) at the end of the road (behind the Arcade building). – The Downtrodden
- Dumplings Cook: Disguise yourself as a Dumpling Cook. Found in the Restaurant on Floor 01 and also around the streets. – Dumplings Cook
- Researcher: On the top floors of “The Block” building (the building where Hush is).
- Perfect Test Subject: Found on Floor 05 (top floor) of “The Block” building (where Hush is), in the bathroom.
- Facility Engineer: Found inside the ICA Facility, wearing red biohazard protection (only male ones can be looted for disguise).
- Facility Security: Found inside the ICA Facility, wearing white shirt and green hat.
- Facility Guard: Found inside the ICA Facility, wearing black clothes and red hat.
- Facility Analyst: Found inside the ICA Facility, wearing black suit with yellow tie (doesn’t have weapons).
- Vengeance: You can find a Hammer on Floor 03 of “The Block” building (the building Hush is in, near where it says “Derelict Apartments” on the map). Use the hammer to knock out 5 guards in this building (armed guys in blue pandemic suits).
- Human Error: Finish storyline Certainty Principle. At the end Royce will lead you to a room with a computer terminal where you can fire 3 employees. Fire “Alicia Reynolds” (top right) and then quickly fire “Jeremy Bolt” (bottom left, security guard). Jeremy will leave his post so Alicia can freely enter the core. Then Alicia will flip the switch that deactivates the security mechanism. Can be combined with challenge Medium Rare (which requires you to burn Royce in the core with an accidental kill).
- Ease of Pain: On Floor 04 of “The Block” building (the building where Hush is), there are some pods with people inside. Interact with the keyboards next to these pods to shut them off.
- Lei Me to Sleep: You find the Cowboy Bust in the stairwell of “The Block” building between Floor 01 & Floor 02 (the building where Hush is). Use this bust to knock out the female lead scientist upstairs. She’s on Floor 04 or Floor 05 (top two floors), wears a white lab coat with a purple shirt and black trousers.
- A Hair in My Soup: Go to the restaurant (where Certainty Principle Mission Story starts) and prepare the food in the kitchen, adding emetic poison to it (there is some in the bathroom nearby).
- Mission Story – All-Seeing Eyes: Complete storyline All-Seeing Eyes.
- Think! Tank!: The Toy Tank can be found in the Arcade (Level 0). Now head inside Hush’s building complex and knock down a Scientist on Level 4 for this Challenge.
- Going Postal: Pick up the Parcel in the ICA Entrance Checkpoint area (Floor -1) and use it to knock out a specific analyst on Floor -2. He has a small extra office to the top right of his colleagues in the Analysis Area.
- Killing the Past: You will automatically need to delete the files from the ICA Datacore in your first playthrough, it’s a mandatory main objective and gets marked for you.
- What Glorious Feeling…: For this Challenge, we need to pick up an Umbrella first. (Side Note: currently, it is an illegal item to carry on Casual difficulty; play on Professional to avoid problems). We can find one in Zhao’s Apartment (Floor 1). Now, go to the area where the Mission story All-Seeing Eyes starts. The icon will be with two guards on a roof close to the Laundromat. There is a single guard on a roof one set of stairs below them (Floor 1). Use the Umbrella to knock him out.
- Mission Story – Impulse Control: Complete storyline Impulse Control.
- Big Sister: Automatically completed during storyline All-Seeing Eyes. During this storyline you will shoot down 5 drones with a sniper rifle.
- …I’m Happy Again: Follow What a Glorious Feeling… and wait for the knocked out guard to be found and all of them returning to their normal non-hostile positions. Once the guard starts dancing in the rain, smack him once more with your Umbrella.
- Contact: On the “Northeastern Rooftop” (map area name, Floor 04) there’s an antenna. Break into the locked fence (lockpick / crowbar) and turn off this antenna with the switch next to it. This will complete the challenge.
- Mission Story – Certainty Principle: Complete storyline Certainty Principle.
- The Show Must Go On: Go to the Benchmark Lab (Level 4) and tamper with all four devices/pods with test-subjects in them. To do this efficiently, you might want to subdue all the scientists around, as they will bring them back in working order. When all four are tampered with, Hush will come down and start a rebooting-sequence, which will unlock this Challenge.
- Eliminate Hush: Automatic from killing your main target.
- Eliminate Imogen Royce: Automatic from killing your main target.
The Classics (5+9 Cross-Mission)
- Silent Assassin: See Hitman 3 Chongqing – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Chongqing – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Silent Assassin, Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Chongqing – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Sniper Assassin: See Hitman 3 Chongqing – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- The Classics: Complete all above Classic Challenges “Silent Assassin” + “Silent Assassin, Suit Only” + “Sniper Assassin” + “Suit Only”.
Escalation – Track 1 (6 Cross-Mission)
- Escalation Track 1, Tier 1-6: Complete 15 Escalations across different maps.
Escalation – Track 2 (11 Cross-Mission)
Escalation Track 2, Tier 1-11: Complete 28 Escalations across different maps.
That’s all of the Hitman 3 Challenges in End of an Era (Chongqing, China).
For the Challenges on all other maps check out the full Hitman 3 Challenges Guide.