This guide shows how to complete all Challenges (Mastery Level 20) in Hitman 3 Dartmoor, England. The mission is called Death in the Family and contains 85 Challenges.
Reaching Mastery Level 20 in Dartmoor unlocks The Great Outdoors trophy or achievement. Around 85% of Challenges are needed to reach Level 20 Mastery so you can skip a few.
Challenges are only available while playing online. Completing Challenges will increase your Mastery Level on this map which grants new gear and starting locations. The unlocked gear can then be used across all maps. You can save time by making a Manual Save before important points (e.g. before defeating a target). Do one Challenge, reload, do the next Challenges, then finish the mission. It will update your Progress with all Challenges you have completed including those from reloads.
- Another Death in the Family: Disguise as Private Investigator, fix poison machine in the Greenhouse (using a wrench, one is found on the garden fountain), finish your investigation and meet with Alexa in her office. Then accuse Fernsby (Butler) and wait in Sitting Room (Ground Floor). Alexa will call a family meeting in the Sitting Room, then Emma goes to the Greenhouse to make Poison. Emma will then poison the drink in the Sitting Room. Just wait until Alexa comes back to drink it and she will die. May not happen on her first loop, but keep waiting and it will occur.
- One for the Ages: Finish storyline A Day to Remember. This will result in Alexa gathering with her family for a photo. Before the family arrives you should unscrew the electric socket near the well and turn on the water to create an electric trap. It will electrocute her when she sits down.
- I Find This Amoosing: Inside Alexas Office on Floor 02, there is a big Chandelier made out of Antlers. Every now and then she will stand right underneath it, which is when you should shoot its chain. You can also drag her unconscious body under it for an easy kill.
- Grave Mistake: Finish storyline Her Final Resting Place. At the end Alexa will stand in front of a grave. Push her from behind and use the nearby shovel to put some dirt on the grave.
- Keep Calm and Aim: First you need to bring a Sniper Rifle (unlocked from high Mastery levels). Before the mission equip “ICA Briefcase MK III” in your gear and put the Sniper in there. Select the Briefcase from your inventory and press / to pull the Sniper from it. Now you must shoot the 3 crow nests in the trees of the Graveyard behind the manor. It’s the first step of storyline Her Final Resting Place. Do NOT harm the Undertaker and do not alert him! After shooting the 3 crow nests, the Undertaker will automatically call for Alexa (your target). Now head up to the rooftop. You enter it from the 3rd Floor in Alexa’s Office. There’s an open window at the staircase, you can climb up the ledge and shimmy to the window. See the first image below with the red arrows. From there you’ll need to wait for Alexa to meet with the Undertaker at the Graveyard and shoot her with the Sniper Rifle.
- Sweet Dreams: Alexa has a Private Room right next to her office on Floor 02 (looks like a soundproof room with red padding on the walls). You can simply knock her unconscious and drag her in there before doing the kill. Or you can wait a few minutes until she enters the room on her own.
- Versatile Assassin: Finish “Piano Man”, “Someone Could Hurt Themselves”, “Hold My Hair”, “Straight Shot”, “Tasteless, Traceless”.
- Someone Could Hurt Themselves: Any Accident kill will count for this Challenge, like I Find This Amoosing above.
- Hold My Hair: Poison one of her beverages with Emetic poison or inject her with “ICA Pen Syring Emetic” (reward from Chongqing Level 5 Mastery). Once she is hit with Emetic poison she will go to a toilet to puke. Drown her in the toilet. The quickest way is to poison her in “Alexa Carlisle’s Bedroom” (Floor 02), either put emetic rat poison in her tea there or wait until she enters the room and then distract her with the music player in the bathroom and poison her with an emetic syringe. The toilet is right there in her bathroom.
- Straight Shot: Use any gun to kill Alexa with a Headshot.
- Piano Man: Equip Fiber Wire in your loadout, approach a target from behind and take them out with it.
- Tasteless, Traceless: Poison one of her beverages with Lethal poison. A pilljar can be found in the Butler’s office. In the Challenge Poison Ivy, you can produce your own lethal poison. – See Video Walkthrough.
- Tuppence: Rebecca and the Butler each have a half of this coin. Subdue or kill them, so they drop those. Both of them roam around the ground floor of the manor. You will meet both characters during storyline Means, Motive and Opportunity.
- House Cleaning: Finish storyline Means, Motive and Opportunity.
- The Bridge on the Thornbridge River: This exit is located on the right-hand-edge of the map. It might not show while looking at the in-game map.
- Magic is Real: The broken-off horn is found in Alexas Secret Room on Floor 03 (the secret passage behind Alexa’s private room).
- Thornbridge Manor Keys: One Key is located it Fernsby’s Office and four more are on Fernsby himself, Emma, Rebecca & Gregory. You need to knock them out or kill them so that they drop the keys on the floor
- Shortcut – Balcony Ladder: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts.
- Elementary, My Dear Diana: Automatically during storyline Means, Motive and Opportunity.
- Discover Dartmoor: See Hitman 3 Dartmoor – All Areas.
- Chameleon: Obtain all 8 Disguises in Dartmoor.
- Private Investigator (Floor 00, spawns at the Main Road where you start and then walks inside the Manor)
- Undertaker (Floor 00, roams around Graveyard outside)
- Photographer (Floor 00, Garden Area by the fountain)
- Lawyer (Floor 01, Small Office)
- Bodyguard (Floor 01 & Floor 02, guys in black suits)
- Mansion Staff (Floor 00 & Floor 01, guys with white shirt and black vest)
- Mansion Guard (Floor 00, patrolling the grounds outside the manor, wearing jackets with “Security” imprint)
- Gardener (Floor 00, Garden area)
- Shortcut – Maintenance Ladder: See Hitman 3 All Shortcuts.
- Dogs Secrets: Automatically while going for all Undiscovered Areas (see Hitman 3 Dartmoor – All Areas). Get the walking cane from Gregory’s Room (Floor 01). You can use a crowbar (found behind greenhouse) to break into the room, or climb into it via the window. Equip the walking cane in your hand and it will let you interact with one of the bookshelves of the upper Library on Floor 01. This reveals a secret passage behind the bookshelf.
- Don’t Lose Focus: Finish storyline A Day to Remember.
- Don’t Rock the Boat: The boat key is found inside the Greenhouse. Then at the end of the mission you must exfiltrate via the boat, which is found at the water behind the Greenhouse.
- D’ya Like Dogs: Automatically while going for Challenge: Dogs Secrets.
- Justice for a Prize: The Lawyer is located in the Small Office on Floor 01. Take his disguise for this Challenge.
- Let’s Go Hunting: Grab a Rifle from the Locker between the Foyer and Staff Room (Floor 00).
- Top Gear: Backtrack to the default mission start and use the motorcycle to escape.
- Bring Out Your Dead: Automatically while doing storyline Her Final Resting Place.
- Last Responder: Escape with the Hearse, parked next to the manor. The Hearse Key is held by the Undertaker at the Graveyard (take him out and loot it from his body).
- Close to the Chest: When in Alexa’s Office (Floor 02), click the button on her office chair and use the Code 1975 on the Safe to obtain the file.
- Voyeurism: The two flirting employees are found on Floor 01 in the hallway between the upper library & Emma and Gregory’s Room. There’s a female servant (white servant clothes) and a bodyguard (black suit) who sometimes stand together by the wall. When they are close together you must shoot a picture of them using the camera from the item wheel.
- Proud Undertaker: Get rid of the 3 raven nests in the Graveyard (The Raven), but don’t harm the Undertaker! Instead, let him lead Alexa through the arrangements. Can be combined with Keep Calm and Aim Challenge.
- Peeping 47: There are several peeping holes in the mansion, especially within the Secret Rooms. Use one, while Alexa is nearby. For example, on Floor 02 enter the secret passage from Alexa’s Private Room. Then wait a few minutes until she walks into her Office or her Private room and look through the peeping holes.
- A Matter of Justice: Accuse Emma after concluding the investigation
- Nothing as it Seems: Finish storyline A Day To Remember but don’t harm Alexa or her family (don’t make an electric trap). A few minutes after the photo shoot, the family gathers in the sitting room and Alexa holds a speech. Can photograph her there during the speech.
- Elton Would be Proud: Edward is playing Piano in the Dining Room. Pacify him for this Challenge.
- Mission Story – A Day To Remember: Complete storyline A Day To Remember.
- Second-Hand News: Gregory will sit on a couch in the Sitting Room. You can find a Newspaper in the Library (Floor 00) on the desk. Use the Newspaper to knock out Gregory. This will likely compromise you, as there are several guards around, but can reload save afterward.
- Cue Balled: A pool ball can be found in one of the pool-tables pockets. Use this to knock out Patrick, who is frequently in the room.
- Mission Story – Means, Motive And Opportunity: Complete storyline Means, Motive And Opportunity.
- A Matter of Guilt: Accuse Zachary after concluding the investigation
- Mission Story – Her Final Resting Place: Complete storyline Her Final Resting Place.
- Don’t Kill the Messenger: Inspects the Lawyer’s Computer is in the Small Office on Floor 01.
- Ding Ding Ding: The Sitting Room (Floor 00) has a Bell on its right-hand-side. Ring it once Alexa (your target marked in red) is near.
- A Matter of Loyalty: Accuse Fernsby after concluding the investigation
- Say Cheese: Get a Fuse (one would be outside of the Trophy Room, if you would leave it at the bottom) and place it in the Fusebox in the Garden, where the Photographer is. Then wait until he takes a photo of the family (it will take the family a few minutes to gather).
- A Private Moment: Alexa will go to Zachary’s Room and sits on a chair next to his dead body to say a few words. Must photograph her during this.
- The Percival Passage (1): Complete all levels in this escalation contract.
- The Percival Passage (2): Simply start the Escalation Contract for the first time.
- The Raven: Automatically during storyline Her Final Resting Place. Must shoot the 3 crow nests in the graveyard.
- Poison Ivy: Get inside of the Greenhouse (e.g. with Lockpick or Crowbar, you can find one behind the Greenhouse) and use the equipment with the flowers to produce lethal poison.
- Eliminate Alexa Carlisle: Automatic from killing your main target.
The Classics (4+9 Cross-Mission)
- Sniper Assassin: See Hitman 3 Dartmoor – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Silent Assassin: See Hitman 3 Dartmoor – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Silent Assassin, Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Dartmoor – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- Suit Only: See Hitman 3 Dartmoor – Silent Assassin, Suit Only & Sniper Assassin Walkthrough
- The Classics: Complete all above Classic Challenges “Silent Assassin” + “Silent Assassin, Suit Only” + “Sniper Assassin” + “Suit Only”.
Escalation – Track 1 (6 Cross-Mission)
- Escalation Track 1, Tier 1-6: Complete 15 Escalations across different maps.
Escalation – Track 2 (11 Cross-Mission)
- Escalation Track 2, Tier 1-11: Complete 28 Escalations across different maps.
That’s all of the Hitman 3 Challenges in Death in the Family (Dartmoor, England).
For the Challenges on all other maps check out the full Hitman 3 Challenges Guide.