Monster Hunter World has gotten bigger with the Iceborne Expansion (DLC). This guide explains how to start the Iceborne DLC in Monster Hunter World (MHW):
- You must have installed the Iceborne expansion.
- You must have beaten Monster Hunter World’s main story, which puts you at Hunter Rank 16 (HR16) automatically.
- Then you will receive a tutorial screen saying a new major expedition is about to begin “A Legiana has been sighted in the Ancient Forest”.
- Talk to Feisty Fiver who is standing left of the quest board in Astera (the hub world).
- This starts a quest in which you must walk after the handler in Ancient Forest until a series of cutscenes trigger. Afterward, your Hunter Rank cap gets removed and the new difficulty Master Rank (MR) is unlocked.
- Talk to the Commander in Astera and you will leave to the DLC’s new world “Hoarfrost Reach”.
- In Hoarfrost Reach defeat the first large Monster “Beotodus” to finish the first Iceborne Quest. You’ll then be brought to Selina, your new base of operations. This new hub area has its own merchants and quest board. Talk to the characters there and accept new story assignments from the quest board.
Enjoy your Monster Hunter Iceborne adventure.
For a list of all new monsters, their weaknesses, crafting materials and more walkthroughs check out our full Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Wiki & Strategy Guide.