This Destiny 2 Guide shows how to get the Rat King Exotic Primary Weapon.
Rat King a fixed reward for a very long quest line after the story and the hardest exotic to obtain. What’s so special about it is that nearby players with the same weapon increase its attack power. If everyone in a strike team or raid has it that results in a crazy damage bonus.
How to Get Exotic Rat King Weapon
To get the Rat King Exotic, do the following steps:
- Complete the story and reach level 20. Then blue quest markers become available on Titan.
- Now complete ALL of the blue quests on Titan. They are marked by a crown icon
- After all quests are done, you get a new quest called “Rat King’s Crew”. It will be added to your inventory under primary weapons.
- Complete the “Rat King’s Crew” quest. You must be playing in a team of 3 people for the objectives to count! You cannot do this solo. The objectives aren’t shown to you. The game only gives you cryptic puzzles to go on. The 4 objectives are as follows (complete all of them to finish the quest):
- Objective 1: Complete 3 Patrols on Titan. You must have unlocked Patrols by doing Cayde-6’s quest line. He’s an NPC found in the social hub area and his quest line takes place on the EDZ and unlocks the patrols on all planets.
- Objective 2: Complete two public events (any planet)
- Objective 3: Complete 2 Crucible matches. They can be quickplay matches, it doesn’t matter if you win or lose.
- Objective 4: Complete the Nightfall Strike with at least 5 minutes remaining. This is the really tricky part. You’ll probably need a team with everyone at power 270 or higher to make this work. Time is extremely tight, it could take a few tries to get this done. The thing about Nightfalls is that they have that time requirement so you gotta be extremely quick. Especially the boss has a ton of health, have everyone focus on the boss to deal as much damage as possible.
- Upon completing all 4 objectives the Rat King is added to your inventory instantly. Enjoy your new exotic!
- Exotic Name: Rat King
- Type: Primary Weapon, Sidearm
- Item Description: We are small, but we are legion.
- Special Ability #1: Rat Pack — Nearby Rat Kings increase strength.
- Special Ability #2: Reloading immediately after a kill grants a brief period of invisibility.
- Acquired by: See steps above. Complete story, complete all blue side quests on Titan, do the quest line “Rat King’s Crew”.