Upgrade Material: Fulminated Mercury
Item Description: Highly precious grains forming the base for a devastating form of gunpowder. Used in explosive Prosthetic Tools upgrades of advanced rank. Created in secret by the Interior Ministry using knowledge from across southern seas. The central forces’ military might owes much to this tiny tweak of chemistry.
- Sunken Valley: Bodhisattva Valley – Head down into the valley and follow it until you get to the area with 4 monkeys and a white monkey on the path. Take out the monkeys and look towards the back and behind the left rock will be this gunpowder in the toxic water.
- Ashina Outskirts: Stairway (Ashina Burning) – From the idol when you revisit the area to fight the Demon of Hatred head to where you fought the Chained Ogre in the beginning of the game. This item is where he was chained up.
- Ashina Outskirts: Stairway (Ashina Burning) – From the idol head back to where you fought the first General in the game. Between where he was and the woman who gave you the bell is a layer with a ton of enemies and a Chained Ogre. On this level you will find this item under the ballistics tower.
- Ashina Castle: Ashina Reservoir (Ashina Burning) – Located on the floor down the stairs right behind Seven Spears Ashina – Shume Masaji Oniwa.
- Ashina Castle: Ashina Castle (Burning Ashina) – Located halfway up the stairs in front of this idol on the right in a little cubby.
- Misc – Can be farmed off enemies (Low drop rate).
Usage: This item is used for upgrades.
Max Number Held: 99
For all Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice items check out the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki and Strategy Guide